Log SMALLEST ATX CASE : CERBERUS-X (Complete build log)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
you know expected serial price should be around 250$-300$..:D I accepted to pay +50% fees for early delivery and sponsor such a promising case...in fact, it's not promising..it has already delivered its promises..:D

Reactions: Kwirek

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Mar 6, 2017
you know expected serial price should be around 250$-300$..:D I accepted to pay +50% fees for early delivery and sponsor such a promising case...in fact, it's not promising..it has already delivered its promises..:D

What are you trying to say -___-

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2nd June 2017 : (Almost) Completed Build!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a MAJOR update of my KI Cerberus-X build.
Indeed, from last update I've received several "COOL" parts, and I must admit that my build is almost completed!

Ready to go?! So let's go!

• KI AC Extension : I received official KI AC extension (I guess I'm one of the first user..:)). This AC extension has proper length (to face all psu plug orientation), good flexibilty, good quality overall. Assembly it on Cerberus-X is exactly the same as my Node 202 : 2 screws (same as side bracket) and it's done!
    This AC extension allows me to close my top panel, at last!

• KI RED TOP PANEL : As you may remember, I've received, by mistake, a top black panel instead of top red panel. KI sent me a RED top panel. As I can now close my top panel, it's a matter of taste...which top panel do you prefer? BLACK or RED?

• Revised Fan setup & Dust Filters : After several trials I discovered that Corsair SF600 psu (like SF450) noise is depending mainly on its ambiant temperature. SF600 fan speed is mainly following temperature, so it's mandatory to keep SF600 as cool as possible.
    Following this analysis I revised totally my fan setup. Indeed main priority is to push all hot air coming from GPU to the back of the case. Thus I placed a 140mm intake on front panel just below psu, and in front of GPU. thanks to Corsair Commander Mini+SIV I've linked this 140mm fan speed to GPU temperature.
    I've also kept a 140mm fan on bottom to cool air at back of the case.
    At last I've plugged rear 92mm fan to Commander Mini (to avoid unnecessary high speed due to MB control)
    In addtion I've added dust filters on bottom and front fans.

• I've tried to put some dust filter on Noctua C14S :

HOWEVER, as side brack is empty in the middle, dust filter (as mine is soft) was suck by fan...and finally dust filter was touching fan motor...:( Also I cannot put a 140mm magnetic fan filter due to border of side bracket. So I will need to find a rigid, slim 140mm dust filter..or leave it like that.

Globally here is the result of the full setup :

I guess that's all for the change except if I forgot to mention a BIG change by purpose..:D

For you, reader that managed to reach this part of my log, I will have 2 questions for you :
  1. Do I forgot to mention a big change in my setup?
  2. Do you prefer RED or BLACK top panel?

Thank you for your support and feedback!

Also I would to present special thanks to :
Long live Cerberus & Cerberus-X!

Enjoy!

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Btw you still happy with the open air GPU compared to the blower styles in this particular case?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looks good!

Is there room to fit a fan grill between the fan and the bracket?

Kwirek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 19, 2016
Black and red is a sexy combination, two-tone adds to the build.

Regarding filters, would you dislike just taping it on? I Frankenstein'd my filters from large demiflex filters which I cut up and put together again, but for my top filter I just used black electrical tape to fix the soft filter to the panel. It works surprisingly well.

Frankenstein filter:

Reactions: 3lfk1ng

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
The red case with the black top compliments your redand black keyboard and mouse. Nice cat, too.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Black top imo is frickin awesome. Love the build bro.
Thanks! What about yours?

Looks good!

Is there room to fit a fan grill between the fan and the bracket?
I gues yes. Putting a grill could be a solution to create offset for filter.

Black and red is a sexy combination, two-tone adds to the build.

Regarding filters, would you dislike just taping it on? I Frankenstein'd my filters from large demiflex filters which I cut up and put together again, but for my top filter I just used black electrical tape to fix the soft filter to the panel. It works surprisingly well.

Frankenstein filter:
Lol home made...could be also a solution

The red case with the black top compliments your redand black keyboard and mouse. Nice cat, too.
Cats, computers ...a nice mix..:but dust filters are mandatory..:)

Btw you still happy with the open air GPU compared to the blower styles in this particular case?
Well it depends on GPU...:) Did you recognize the GPU I'm using?

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
@MarcParis aint got one yet..... I just check in and see how peeps build logs are coming along or if there are any new ones and waiting to hear when the case goes on sale. And I see it's still the MSi 1080 ti right?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Yup it's one MSI gtx 1080ti gaming x inside..:)
I've replaced my gtx 1070 by his big sister gtx 1080ti..:)

In terms of cooling : i'm able to maintain 80°c on mass effect in 4k after 3 hours gaming (core 1936mhz, gddr5x +350mhz)..due to hot temperature currently in France, i have something like ambiant temperature of 25°c
In 3dmark, core frequency is around 2000mhz

Last edited:
Reactions: 3lfk1ng

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed following your build and its evolution @MarcParis! Great showcase of the very awesome KI Cerberus-x.

Black top panel vote for me as I like a bit of flair but not too much. :cool:

@Aibohphobia I have a feeling you will be able to sell as many of these as you can produce. Really nice work. Still waiting on that email announcing the Cerberus retail launch bro.

Reactions: Commissariat