Concept Small 29L ATX Cube Case

wfarid

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I'm a huge PC nerd (been at it for over 15 years) and also a exhibition designer. I often use 3d modeling programs and gaming engines at work. I want to build around an AMD Threadripper (1950x). This leaves me with using an ATX board (I need all those cores) along with a single GTX 1080ti (with the possibility of going dual...)

I want to make the smallest case possible while not sacrificing thermals. Rendering can be very taxing and I don't want to create an oven inside my computer.

I also have access to a pretty big metal shop that does aluminum, SS steel, cutting, bending, welding, etc. I'm totally open to creating an open downloadable file at the end of this and having anyone with the know how to go an produce it themselves.

The similar cases that I've seen on the market have super ugly exteriors. I plan to use aluminum and have a minimal styling approach

Currently I am going in the direction of creating two zones, the bottom zone would hold the closed loop radiator that would have a shroud that would pull air from the bottom and immediately exhaust it out of the case side. It would also have a PSU (probably a SFF) and hard drive, ssd tray.

Top houses the motherboard flat. Total ends up being around 29 liters.

Thoughts? Feedback!

Glad to be a part of the community!

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar and Derverd

wfarid

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for the feedback! If it's a push configuration - wont there be hot air pushed into the case? If I do a pull configuration then cooling efficiency will go down? Or is it negligible?

wfarid

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
Yea I was looking at that case - it's very nice and well thought out! Thanks for the feedback