Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Hello guys, just a quick question if anyone has a solid info about it.
Can SM 550 accommodate any of these four fans? Wraith Spire, Wraith Prism, Noctua L9a-AM4 and Alpenfohn Blackridge. Thanks in advance.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Can SM 550 accommodate any of these four fans? Wraith Spire, Wraith Prism, Noctua L9a-AM4 and Alpenfohn Blackridge. Thanks in advance.

The L9a fits for sure. I'm pretty sure the Blackridge fits if you have the fan under the fin array. The spire and prism are definitely too tall.

Reactions: Yugo555

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
From the specs page :
  • Coolers compatible with all side panel types (Unvented, Window, or Vented)
  • Alpenföhn® Black Ridge (47mm)
  • Noctua L9i/L9a
  • Intel Boxed Cooler
  • Cryorig C7 CU
  • Cryorig C7
  • Cooltek ITX30
  • Phanteks PH-TC90LS
  • RAIJINTEK Zelos
  • Silverstone AR05
  • Silverstone AR11

Reactions: Yugo555

Joejoe317

Chassis Packer
Dec 17, 2019
Hey all, just finished my sm580 build. I actually took all the dimensions and photos I could find online and made a sketchup model, then determined what extra parts I needed to buy transplanting my 9900k and 2080 ti ftw3 from a larger thermaltake case.

This was my first sffpc build. I ended up with two issues with the case, the first being that the power switch was not working. with the current pandemic, and the time it takes for support, I decided to just to fix it myself, or buy a new one. The issue was that all the solder joints on the switch were weak or broken, so I just resoldered and it worked like it should have.
The second issue I had was with the radiator being too big.. this caused the bracket to not move and I couldn’t get the handle to align.
I resolved this by milking out some more space for the bracket to slide along the radiator, vs the radiator sliding along the bracket as intended.

i used thr xt45 alphacool radiator, and it literally barely fits.It has plugs in both ends and they scraped the paint up pretty good and also pushed the front back slightly on the case itself.

main specs:
Full custom loop
Delidded 9900k
Evga 2080 ti
Xt45 alphacool 280 rad
St35 120 rad
Laing 1 plus t pwm pump.
diy custom 24 pin and pci-e 8 pins

here are some pics

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hey all, but especially @KSliger and @Sligerjack,
There's a new Fractal Design AIO that was introduced this morning. I'm not sure when its shipping, but it's got a lot of things going for it.

Fractal Desgin S28+

It looks like this fixes the biggest issue with the older Celsius coolers, which is the tubes now come out of the side of the pump block, making it much easier to route in low-clearance cases like Sandwich cases. The older coolers were great, as they required no extra wiring like USB connections and such, they ran entirely off a single fan header (I think it needs to be at least a 1A header though), and it includes a fan hub with the wire going up the sleeve so your fan wiring is much cleaner too. This new one also has an RGB version if you're into that.

Looking at the radiator, it does not have the squared off corners like the Corsair radiators do, so hopefully it won't run into those problems. The pump block is also supposed to be only 45mm tall, so it shouldn't run into the issues the new NZXT X63 and Z63 coolers do with hitting the side panel. Is this something you guys could test, and maybe add to the list of recommended coolers if it works? I know you're also selling your own Asetek 280 units now so I dunno if it's high on your list to be testing other people's coolers :)

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
Hey all, but especially @KSliger and @Sligerjack,
There's a new Fractal Design AIO that was introduced this morning. I'm not sure when its shipping, but it's got a lot of things going for it.

Fractal Desgin S28+

It looks like this fixes the biggest issue with the older Celsius coolers, which is the tubes now come out of the side of the pump block, making it much easier to route in low-clearance cases like Sandwich cases. The older coolers were great, as they required no extra wiring like USB connections and such, they ran entirely off a single fan header (I think it needs to be at least a 1A header though), and it includes a fan hub with the wire going up the sleeve so your fan wiring is much cleaner too. This new one also has an RGB version if you're into that.

Looking at the radiator, it does not have the squared off corners like the Corsair radiators do, so hopefully it won't run into those problems. The pump block is also supposed to be only 45mm tall, so it shouldn't run into the issues the new NZXT X63 and Z63 coolers do with hitting the side panel. Is this something you guys could test, and maybe add to the list of recommended coolers if it works? I know you're also selling your own Asetek 280 units now so I dunno if it's high on your list to be testing other people's coolers :)
Just checked the specs, looks good to me! I believe fractal use Asetek as their OEM, so everything should be work fine!
I'll drop a line over to Level1Techs and see if they can verify fit in the SM580 they have!

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Ended up pulling the X62 out of my SM580 and tossed HydroX blocks on my 3900X and Strix 2080Ti externally cooled by MO-RA3 420. Not that my temps were bad without the watercooling; Just would rather use the MORA than have it sit in the closet. One small note the Aorus ITX I/O shield looks like it will interfere with passthrough fittings.

Other than that, still love the case even though my setup now is a litter bit unconventional.

Dolenc

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2020
Hello smallff people.

This has probably been posted before, but maybe to motivate sliger to drill some more holes to production model, here it is again (not mine).

Best layout(imo) for cerberus and watercooling :)

Deaerator

Case Bender
New User
Apr 22, 2020
Just picked up my SM550 today, I have it half ass build but I was wondering if anyone pick up any custom psu cables. If so what are your lengths?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Just checked the specs, looks good to me! I believe fractal use Asetek as their OEM, so everything should be work fine!
I'll drop a line over to Level1Techs and see if they can verify fit in the SM580 they have!
Any word from Level1Techs? Also I noticed that the Asetek 280mm AIO is no longer listed as an option on the SM580. Did this option get discontinued?

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
Hi guys was just finalizing my order and was honestly torn between the sm570 and sm580, switching from a steck/ophion build. My current equipment is a 240mm evga cpu aio, 92mm asetek cpu aio, a 120mm asetek cpu aio, and a evga hybrid 1080ti ftw3 kit (120mm rad). If i do change the hybrid kit rad to a 240mm is it possible to fit that in the top or will the tubes get in and can you fit an asetek 92mm aio at the bottom of the sm570 or sm580. I'm thinking the best option is to just use a 120 rad on gpu and a 120 on cpu on the topside, but if its possible to use a 92mm aio at the bottom i would like to utilize that. If anyone has advice would appreciate it.
Thanks and hope ya'll are doing well.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hi guys was just finalizing my order and was honestly torn between the sm570 and sm580, switching from a steck/ophion build. My current equipment is a 240mm evga cpu aio, 92mm asetek cpu aio, a 120mm asetek cpu aio, and a evga hybrid 1080ti ftw3 kit (120mm rad). If i do change the hybrid kit rad to a 240mm is it possible to fit that in the top or will the tubes get in and can you fit an asetek 92mm aio at the bottom of the sm570 or sm580. I'm thinking the best option is to just use a 120 rad on gpu and a 120 on cpu on the topside, but if its possible to use a 92mm aio at the bottom i would like to utilize that. If anyone has advice would appreciate it.
Thanks and hope ya'll are doing well.
Based on my experience, you can place 645LT in both SM570 (with/without sliger 645LT bracket) or SM580 (without bracket with washers).

@KSliger : any news about pcie gen 4 riser please?..:D

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
Based on my experience, you can place 645LT in both SM570 (with/without sliger 645LT bracket) or SM580 (without bracket with washers).

@KSliger : any news about pcie gen 4 riser please?..:D
Officially, the 645LT isn't compatible in the 570/580, just have to point that out ;p

4.0 riser is still pretty delayed. It was fairly low priority previous to the whole covid-19 situation, so it's been solidly back-burner-ed. We're hoping to have something ready by late summer!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Officially, the 645LT isn't compatible in the 570/580, just have to point that out ;p

4.0 riser is still pretty delayed. It was fairly low priority previous to the whole covid-19 situation, so it's been solidly back-burner-ed. We're hoping to have something ready by late summer!
Ok thanks. Answer on sm570/580 with 645lt is due to any specific reason?

Good news for riser gen 4.0....it will be on time with ampere gpu..:)

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
Ok thanks. Answer on sm570/580 with 645lt is due to any specific reason?

Good news for riser gen 4.0....it will be on time with ampere gpu..:)
There's ~3mm less clearance under the center rib on the 570/80 vs the 550/60. It "can" fit, but ventures into the realm of we can't guarantee it will!

EDIT: spelling error

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcParis