Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@MarcParis and @Vamt there are already custom loops that have been posted in this thread and in the build logs. Someone did get a DDC pump to fit under the motherboard. I'm not going to look through 180+ pages but they are there.
Thanks...:)

It is true that I mostly search for SM560/550 over SM570/S580 as they are definitely too big vs mu Cerberus-X..:D

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
okay just ordered all for now...we will see how well this will be
Well, well I've finished my prototype of Eisbaer kit in my Cerberus-X.
For now it's a mixed bag from now :
  • What a pain to drain air bubbles...with no airtrap/reservoir (still have some, but it's ok)
  • Kick ass looking :

You can undervolt pump to 5v (1100rpm approx, max is 2600rpm). However I can still hear it.

In terms of performance, using GTX 92 Nemesis radiator (54mm thick) and only 1 NF-A9x25 as pull I'm beating Asetek 645LT in push-pull by 2-3°C

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I gave it a longer try to check how noise will evolve.

Basically Eisbaer is a little less noisy than Asetek pump. I cannot hear pump over fan (dislike Asetek).
Thus there is still some progress over Asetek.

I was waiting for silent operation like Apogee drive II @1200rpm...but it's not. I'll continue trial for a couple of days/weeks to see how it performs.
Pump can turn down to 1050rpm approx.

Don't forget that @mweis you can coming from Asetek pump at 1900rpm...pretty noisy. Eisbaer @1050rpm is way less noisy than that.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Okay i mean should this fail I have no Clou how to get happy with my parts in the sliger :(
Compared to what you have currently, you should notice big improvement.
I can still hear pump but only while in silent environment...all other fans spinning below 500-600 rpm.

In terms of performance, my r7 3800x (oc 4.3ghz @1.3125v) is only reaching 80°c on full cpu load (video rendering on all cores) or 82°c on torture test based on linpack.
It’s only a 92mm radiator..:)

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
i dont have any watercooling gear, so i have to buy everything, my rad was 280 so my fans doesnt fit, i need fittings, tube, cooling liquid

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
Wouah you are fast..;)
I received my radiator. I should be able to build my customised AIO by tomorrow.

I guess you are one of the first pioneer of customed loop inside SM580.
Personnally I prefer to use combo waterblock/pump or customed AIO, using apogee drive or alphacool eisbaer LT (or derivative)

PS : still amazed by this small swiftech reservoir, still alive even after more than a decade..:D
This is my first custom loop I’m still doing my research I hope the pump is good.

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
Is EK torque compression fittings like this when closing? I can’t fully tighten it after installing the tube, before it go all the way to the end.
ps. I’m going to shorten that tube so that it won’t bend like that anymore.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Is EK torque compression fittings like this when closing? I can’t fully tighten it after installing the tube, before it go all the way to the end.
ps. I’m going to shorten that tube so that it won’t bend like that anymore.
You can use spring also to keep tube opened enough..:)

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
i have the option to get a cerberus or cerberus x (both possible) this week (in stock). would this be more satisfying ? should i go for aircooling?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
i have the option to get a cerberus or cerberus x (both possible) this week (in stock). would this be more satisfying ? should i go for aircooling?
Well please check my review of my customed AIO with Eisbaer LT pump/Waterblock.
I've included noise test at 12v/7v/5v (mostly for you)
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...erberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/post-180800

Before moving to cerberus family you need to wonder if you want to go to customed watercooling. This is requiring quite many practices/failures (I lost already 2 motherboards in 10 years of watercooling).
By nature Watercooling AIO have defined lifetime (either pump will fail or fluid will evaporate). Most users are not really aware of those risks/details.

In you decide to move to Cerberus family, question is : Do you want to stay on mini ITX or do you want to keep opened road to ATX motherboard?
If you want to stay on mini ITX (for this build or next one), go for Cerberus case (volume gap vs SM580 are very thin).
Otherwise go for Cerberus-X (you can even create some interesting customed loop).
In terms of cooling, it's the same for both :
  • dual 120mm intake at bottom
  • top 120mm slim as exhaust
  • rear 92mm as exhaust
  • CPU cooler : Noctua C14S with fan on top as intake
If you choose Cerberus, please make sure you take the kit for rear SFX psu in addition to front mounting kit (that free maximum space for watercooling setup..;))

j6runner

Chassis Packer
Dec 12, 2019
Does anyone have a SM580 with an Asus ROG Strix z390-i motherboard that can post pictures of the rear IO shield? Mine seems to have some misalignment issues and I'm not sure if it's the case or the motherboard. Thanks!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Apologies to anyone still waiting on cases to ship, we're caught up to about 1/8/20. Should have everything else caught up by 24th.

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
so Eisbaer LT finally mounted in the sm580, draining air out of the circuit is cancer, and i spent like 2 hours of finding out which fittings are suitable for getting the right angle out of the cooler and being able to close the side panel. Noise is much more silent than kraken.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
so Eisbaer LT finally mounted in the sm580, draining air out of the circuit is cancer, and i spent like 2 hours of finding out which fittings are suitable for getting the right angle out of the cooler and being able to close the side panel. Noise is much more silent than kraken.

Your setup is brilliant, well done!