Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Would I get a more silent setup in a Cerberus x?
Apart your pump what is making noise and when?
But you are right that between Cerberus-x and sm580 size gap is not huge, and I prefer personally Cerberus-x..:)

In terms of cooling Cerberus-X is offering you tons of cooling options...:)

mweis

Trash Compacter
Jan 2, 2020
The pump is making noise every time even on 1950rpm which seems the lowest the pump can handle

Edit: is it possible the noise comes from the mounting direction?

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The pump is making noise every time even on 1950rpm which seems the lowest the pump can handle
If your complain is related to pump noise only, even Cerberus-x won’t directly help.
However in Cerberus-x you can opt to good air coolers (noctua c14s) or customer watercooling...leading to whisper quiet setup..:)
I agree with you on asetek pump noise. I’m satisfied with my 645lt only while it spins at 1350rpm (5v).

Your only option in SM580 will be to choose customed AIO with alphacool eisbaer LT.
I should be able to test it again this week end. I’ll let you know if I’m able to get very quiet watercooling setup..:)

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
Now waiting for the replacement of my alphacool XT45 which is Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 280mm Water Cooling Radiator, Black.

Any idea if Swiftech MCP35XS PWM Enabled Liquid Cooling System Pump will fit under the motherboard? Can’t find any information online.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Did you do anything else to get this to fit? I have just bought almost the identical setup except I am using the gigabyte 570i motherboard, and my fan sticks out the case by about 5mm.

I didn't change any type of mounting or anything. I have used this cooler with both a MSI B450i and Asrock B450 Fatality and with a Prolimatech 140mm Vortex and a Noctua NF-A12x15 and other than the round headed screws being too tall the cooler fit just fine. I wonder if the backplate on the Gigabyte is causing the problem.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Any advice for fittings / tube?
While making my sample, I'll check best output from waterblock/pump combo. (as SM series has limited height of 55mm)
Globally EK/Alphacool/swiftech/barrow are good fittings. Personnally I prefere hose clamps over compression fitting...but it's a personal choice.
Just order some spare ring seal for G 1/4"..:D

In terms of tubing, as it's for a small build, I recommend 8/11mm from masterkleer/mayhems/etc... (avoid rajintek tubing at all costs).
Better to stay on transparent variant to check fluid level..;)

longnosedgoblin

Cable Smoosher
Sep 4, 2019
I didn't change any type of mounting or anything. I have used this cooler with both a MSI B450i and Asrock B450 Fatality and with a Prolimatech 140mm Vortex and a Noctua NF-A12x15 and other than the round headed screws being too tall the cooler fit just fine. I wonder if the backplate on the Gigabyte is causing the problem.
There must be some slight size difference with the Aorus 570I, I have used MarkParis method of spacing out the panel with washers and it fits now.

Reactions: rfarmer

Vamt

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2019
now waiting for swiftech mcp35xs pump and xspc ultra thin 120mm rad. Did anyone tried putting a pump under the motherboard? Hope my plan works. Lol

Reactions: rfarmer

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
okay just ordered all for now...we will see how well this will be
Wouah you are fast..;)
I received my radiator. I should be able to build my customised AIO by tomorrow.

now waiting for swiftech mcp35xs pump and xspc ultra thin 120mm rad. Did anyone tried putting a pump under the motherboard? Hope my plan works. Lol

I guess you are one of the first pioneer of customed loop inside SM580.
Personnally I prefer to use combo waterblock/pump or customed AIO, using apogee drive or alphacool eisbaer LT (or derivative)

PS : still amazed by this small swiftech reservoir, still alive even after more than a decade..:D

Reactions: Vamt