Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
" Either way I will be implementing a few other minor fixes in rolling revisions.
EX: fixing PSU bracket for the EVGA SFX PSUs, getting rid of the rear plastic caps, fixing SSD mounting. "

Hey Jack Sliger,

Have you implemented any of the changes you were planning on the SM580?

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
" Either way I will be implementing a few other minor fixes in rolling revisions.
EX: fixing PSU bracket for the EVGA SFX PSUs, getting rid of the rear plastic caps, fixing SSD mounting. "

Hey Jack Sliger,

Have you implemented any of the changes you were planning on the SM580?

I think he's said there wasn't going to be a revision 2... I've been trying to play catch up with the thread.

Anyone mind pointing out the issues with the EVGA psu's? I'm finally planning on downsizing, just not sure if I'm going to do external custom water with my MO-RA3 or not.

Another question has anyone tested the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 2 coolers 240/280 in either the 570/580?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Anyone mind pointing out the issues with the EVGA psu's?

I think the mounting holes are a little different than other SFX PSUs.

Another question has anyone tested the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer 2 coolers 240/280 in either the 570/580?

Not in a 580, I built a rig for a friend with a LF2 280mm in a Meshify C and it performed fantastically, particularly for the price. In an SM580/570 though, it suffers from the same problem as the EVGA CLC280, namely that the tubes come out perpendicular to the top of the pump block. I was able to fit the CLC280 but the tubes definitely rest against the side panel, which I anticipated, so I opted for a solid panel on the CPU side.

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
I think the mounting holes are a little different than other SFX PSUs.

Not in a 580, I built a rig for a friend with a LF2 280mm in a Meshify C and it performed fantastically, particularly for the price. In an SM580/570 though, it suffers from the same problem as the EVGA CLC280, namely that the tubes come out perpendicular to the top of the pump block. I was able to fit the CLC280 but the tubes definitely rest against the side panel, which I anticipated, so I opted for a solid panel on the CPU side.

So do all of the holes not line up? Or is it just a couple. Sorry to ask so many questions.

And hmm if it performs well I could handle it rubbing the panel.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
So do all of the holes not line up? Or is it just a couple. Sorry to ask so many questions.

Dont worry about it.

Looking at some pictures of people who've used the evga SFX line in an SM series, it doesn't look like the holes are different. So it may be a different issue entirely. Honestly, I haven't build a rig with one in a long time.

The Arctic LF2 has been just as high performing as the EVGA and NZXT ones I've used most recently.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Here are the photos I took of the issue. My solution was using 4 out of 6 holes and just not tightening them all the way, as doing so makes the PSU sit at an angle.

Reactions: rjeftw

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Interesting news for SMXXX case with scythe renewal of SCSK-2000 :
http://www.gdm.or.jp/pressrelease/2019/1120/328155

With 58mm height with 16mm tall fan, I'm confident to fit in SMXXX case with noctua nfa9-14.

What do you think?Doable?

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Well finally pulled the trigger on the gear to downsize my 3900X build. Aorus X570 ITX board, Corsair SF750, Sliger SM580 Gray with vented panels. Snagged one of the Arctic AIO's if I decide to run my MO-RA3 420 externally. Will probably do the water first and possibly switch to AIO/Air on my 2080Ti FTW3!

Very excited either way! Will post pictures when I get into the build.

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Just test fit our H110i in an SM570. I was not able to replicate the issue you're having. It fits fine.

As long as the mounting is shifted all the way towards the front of the case, there is no issue getting the PSU mounted.

Aha! I see how you mounted it, thanks @Sligerjack for testing.

Now can you confirm that if it is setup this way, you can route the tubes behind the PSU and still be able to mount the waterblock/pump on the CPU with enough slack?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I have been pretty impressed by the 140mm Arctic Bionix fans that I got for $12, and they have a 120mm version as well. The Scythe Kaze fans are a good value too from what I've experience on the Fuma 2; nearly as well performing as the noctuas but slightly louder at $11.
Yea man I said a long time ago that those fans are outstanding for the money. It's just my opinion but no reason to pay the extra crazy price for the Noc fans, and I have all the fans.

To the guy who was looking at the Asus AIO's with the led screen, I would definitely pass on them. I had two different version and they were junk when I tried them. The software was soooooo bad I can't even put it into words. Maybe 1/10 times it would actually display what you wanted it to on the screen. Look on their forum. Nightmare stories all over the place about them.
@Sahaj doing pretty well buddy just been real busy with a bunch of things going on. The lockups are fixed and as funny as it sounds, I don't remember what I did to fix it haha. That is how busy I have been.
I'm sure I posted it but I cant remember. That time if year I guess.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Yea man I said a long time ago that those fans are outstanding for the money. It's just my opinion but no reason to pay the extra crazy price for the Noc fans, and I have all the fans.

I actually bought a couple on your recommendation!

Yeah, unless you're going all out or themed, $25 or $30 fans aren't that great in price/performance. I know what you mean *looking at my 6 boxes of NF-A12x25s, 4 boxes of Noiseblocker eloops, 4 boxes of silentwings 3, 4 boxes of NF-F14 ippc 3000, 6 boxes of Fractal Venturi 140mm... and that's only the boxes I kept, and doesn't include the CPU coolers.