Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
I can't believe it's been 6 months that the SM550 and 560 have been out! Time flies. I started buying parts, then held off for Ryzen, and now my old Z270 mobo died in my glorious Salvo S400. I guess this means it's time to finish the SM560 build.

Having 6 months of build guidance before kicking off is a blessing, but wow is it scattered through a long thread to re-read. :)

@wsgroves, how you doing, man? Solved your random hard lock issues. You still doing semi-passive?

@CantingSoup, how's your build holding up? What's your current part setup?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Happy to say that the package from UPS arrived without issue even in the snow. I managed to get the EVGA CLC280 in there, but it is a tight squeeze and the tubes coming from the pump/block definitely rest against the side panel. If you are keen on a vented CPU side panel, I'd recommend getting an AIO that doesn't have tubes exiting the top of the pump/block.

Everything seems to be running nice and cool so far, but in fairness I didn't get to test things too thoroughly since I only just got it put together before I had to sleep for work. I currently have both the top and bottom in exhaust at around 800 RPMs, and even running Prime95 I max out at ~80 C on the 3800x under stock boost settings. No issues with the X570 chipset fan either, haven't had it spin up to audible levels even under heavy nvme loads yet. The GPU runs cooler at a lower RPM in the sm580 then it did in my Meshify C likely due to the airflow path optimized to exhaust all of the hot air without any build up.

Overall I'm extremely happy with the chassis so far and I can't wait to put it through the paces and start tweeking next weekend.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
I can't believe it's been 6 months that the SM550 and 560 have been out! Time flies. I started buying parts, then held off for Ryzen, and now my old Z270 mobo died in my glorious Salvo S400. I guess this means it's time to finish the SM560 build.

Having 6 months of build guidance before kicking off is a blessing, but wow is it scattered through a long thread to re-read. :)

@wsgroves, how you doing, man? Solved your random hard lock issues. You still doing semi-passive?

@CantingSoup, how's your build holding up? What's your current part setup?
I’m in the process of RMAing the board due to failed bios update. Temps were good with 60W PPT + -100mV offset. Current setup is 3700X/Red Devil 5700XT/Asrcok X570 ITX/SF750. The semi-passive works pretty well

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
I’m in the process of RMAing the board due to failed bios update. Temps were good with 60W PPT + -100mV offset. Current setup is 3700X/Red Devil 5700XT/Asrcok X570 ITX/SF750. The semi-passive works pretty well

Excellent, glad to hear it! And you were one of the very few in this thread who got a Thermalright AXP-100, right? I've been looking at the graphene-coated full copper (FC) but with Taobao and buying agents it goes from a $50 part (the Big Shuriken 3 or Shadow Rock LP) off a major retailer to a $100+ part with no clear warranty or return support. High price to pay for a blacked-out heatsink...

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
I'm no longer on-site but to answer your questions:

1. I have the radiator already installed to the left most part (front of the case) in that picture. The two right most screws for the radiator are already hitting the left edge of the two rightmost mounting holes of the bracket.

2. I don't and I can't take a picture until the next 2 weeks. Can you take a picture of yours so that I can compare? With this setup, are you able to route the tubes behind the PSU? I checked and even though there is more slack with the pull setup, the tubes are still not long enough to be able route them properly behind the PSU.

3. No, it is not installed backwards. I made sure that the handle mounting holes are facing the front of the case as stated in the manual.

@KSliger , do you have any further comments on this? A picture of your build would really help me a lot.

Also, I haven't been receiving replies from you or Jack via email regarding my panel issues. Can you please check?

Thanks.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I wouldn't think so, I have that board in my SM580 build. I suppose one concession is that I had to pop out one of the plastic plugs that cover the fill port/external water cooling holes to get the board in before popping it back in.
Setting up my Velkase 5 with the Aorus X570I was a terrible, terrible pain in the ass but I got it in without removing anything. I'm just hoping for a simpler installation. Do you know if the Black Ridge still has issues with this board? Should I just keep my l9a for my 3600X? (I'm getting max 70 degrees on gaming)

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
These plastic plugs just have little latches that you squeeze to pop them out, its like a half second action. I didn't have any issues getting the board in, its integrated I/O shield sits flush with the back, and the screw holes lined up easily.

I don't have any experience with the Black Ridge, but know that you'll need to get some vlp memory in order to fit a slim 120mm fan on most motherboards. Honestly, if you're at 70C with an L9a, I'd say an upgrade is more than likely unnecessary. Since you already have a 90mm noctua fan, you could see slightly better temps, likely comparable to the Black Ridge, using a Cryorig C7 copper with the noctua on there.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
These plastic plugs just have little latches that you squeeze to pop them out, its like a half second action. I didn't have any issues getting the board in, its integrated I/O shield sits flush with the back, and the screw holes lined up easily.

I don't have any experience with the Black Ridge, but know that you'll need to get some vlp memory in order to fit a slim 120mm fan on most motherboards. Honestly, if you're at 70C with an L9a, I'd say an upgrade is more than likely unnecessary. Since you already have a 90mm noctua fan, you could see slightly better temps, likely comparable to the Black Ridge, using a Cryorig C7 copper with the noctua on there.
I think I'll just keep my l9a with weather tape as a fan duct, why bother so much for not much change.

Irmas

Case Bender
Nov 6, 2019
Are there any issues with the Aorus X570I and the SM560?
I just got my Sliger sm560 case and tried to install LPENFOHN BLACK RIDGE cooler to ASUS x570-I. No way, it does not fit. My RAM is too high and MB heatsinks are too high as well. The cooler's radiator sits too low and does not fit the case as well. Ordered Noctua cooler now.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
If you use a top 120mm fan the hetsink is compatible with the motherboard. Just don't use the 92 mm inferior fan. But if you put the fan on the top maybe it is too high for the case, that, I don't know.

I always recommend the idcooling is-60 as an option. It works even better than the black ridge and considerably better than the noctua. Furthermore I bought it at Aliexpress for 38 euros and it comes with a fan.

Reactions: The_Mad_Madman

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
If you use a top 120mm fan the hetsink is compatible with the motherboard. Just don't use the 92 mm inferior fan. But if you put the fan on the top maybe it is too high for the case, that, I don't know.

I always recommend the idcooling is-60 as an option. It works even better than the black ridge and considerably better than the noctua. Furthermore I bought it at Aliexpress for 38 euros and it comes with a fan.
Blackridge with fan on top is too tall for SM5x0.
IS60 with a replacement fan is pretty good.

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
As it turns out, you can fit a pair of 120 mm Scythe slim fans onto the ASRock Challenger 5700 XT and still have it fit into the SM570. Completely silent now with better temps.

Yes, the one on the left is crooked but I don't feel like redoing the zip ties.

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Has anyone of you received any replies from any of your support cases with @KSliger recently? It's been several days since they replied to me via email and I'm not sure how else to follow-up.

Also, do you guys know where to download the latest AMD chipset driver? In Gigabyte's site , I get 19.10.16 as the latest version. But in AMD's site, I get 1.9.27.1033 as the latest one. So which is which?

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
That's what I thought. Do you have any ideas why the difference in version between the two though? It looks like the one from Gigabyte has more drivers in it like RAID and the like.