Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@Allhopeforhumanity sorry to hear about your fedex issues. It really sucks to have something like that happen. I never use fedex if I don't have to. Their ground service is absolutely terrible. I have issues with them myself.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
@Allhopeforhumanity sorry to hear about your fedex issues. It really sucks to have something like that happen. I never use fedex if I don't have to. Their ground service is absolutely terrible. I have issues with them myself.

Thanks man. This is the first time I've had any negative interaction with them, they've otherwise been pretty solid in my area, particularly with wedding registry stuff a few months ago.

The worst part now is that they keep taunting me with saying its going to be delivered by end of day, and then come 7pm they're like, nope "no delivery attempted, rescheduled for next business day". This has been going on since Thursday after "losing the package" on Tuesday, and every day I've called they assure me that "its on the truck and will definitely be delivered today" but also state that I can't speak to the claims officer until Monday because "that's just standard procedure until its lost for good or delivered". Fingers crossed that today will finally be the day, but I'm pretty disillusioned at this point to be honest.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Ok, I just tried doing this now in my SM570 case and it failed :)

With the fans in pull, the radiator sits too low in an SM570 and interferes with the PSU bracket. The radiator is already mounted all the way to the front side of the bracket. @KSliger, do you have any suggestions for this?

Is it not possible to slide the radiator towards the front of the case?

Do you have a picture of how you have the radiator attached to the top bracket?

Can you check that the AIO mount bracket is not installed backwards?

I have this same H100i in my case, fits just fine, so something is up.

Reactions: CountNoctua

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Allhopeforhumanity,

Could you call FEDEX and ask for them to hold for pickup?

I asked about that yesterday actually, they said they couldn't release the package from its current location, and that if I wanted it transferred to a nearby FedEx store, it would take longer than attempting redelivery.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Is it not possible to slide the radiator towards the front of the case?

Do you have a picture of how you have the radiator attached to the top bracket?

Can you check that the AIO mount bracket is not installed backwards?

I have this same H100i in my case, fits just fine, so something is up.

I'm no longer on-site but to answer your questions:

1. I have the radiator already installed to the left most part (front of the case) in that picture. The two right most screws for the radiator are already hitting the left edge of the two rightmost mounting holes of the bracket.

2. I don't and I can't take a picture until the next 2 weeks. Can you take a picture of yours so that I can compare? With this setup, are you able to route the tubes behind the PSU? I checked and even though there is more slack with the pull setup, the tubes are still not long enough to be able route them properly behind the PSU.

3. No, it is not installed backwards. I made sure that the handle mounting holes are facing the front of the case as stated in the manual.

Reactions: CountNoctua

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
I'm trying to help a friend build in a SM580. Is there a declarative winner for which CLC 240 or 280mm is the best performer/fitment inside the 580? He will be using a 3700X and an Asus Strix 2080 Ti.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
For information it exists at least 2 variants of Noctua NF A9x14 PWM fan..:D

Stand alone fan seems a better overall choice as included fan is providing 10% more airflow but with +4dB(A).

osin17

Caliper Novice
Sep 10, 2019
Hello,
Has someone tried this cpu cooler
ROG RYUO 240 on sm570 ?

I'm really look for cpu cooler with screen on board to inform about temp.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
@KSliger , I haven't been receiving any replies from you or Jack regarding my panel issue. Can you please check? Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your email. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ilyu

Trash Compacter
Nov 6, 2019
Does the MSI Trio (327 mm) actually fit like stated in this post? I'm having doubts because both density / sliger state 325 mm on their homepage?

Alex Permit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 27, 2019
What are peoples thoughts on the best way to orient the x62 fans and radiator on my SM580 case? The options are:
  • Fan on top of radiator, pulling air through radiator and out of case (exhaust)
  • Fan on top of radiator, pushing air into radiator and into the case (intake)
  • Fan below radiator, pushing air into radiator and out of case (exhaust)
  • Fan below radiator, pulling air through radiator and into case (intake)
The case has two vented side panels and will also have bottom fans (probably in exhaust mode). I will be using a 9900ks and a 2080ti ftw3 Ultra, so cooling efficiency will be important.

For ease of cleaning the radiator of dust I think having the fan on top in exhaust mode or the fan on bottom in intake mode would be best. From what I have read on this thread, it seems the vented SM580 works best when set up as a negative pressure case (ie fans in exhaust mode). So is it best to orient the x62 with the fans on top of the radiator, pulling air through the rad and out of the case?

Thanks.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
What are peoples thoughts on the best way to orient the x62 fans and radiator on my SM580 case? The options are:
  • Fan on top of radiator, pulling air through radiator and out of case (exhaust)
  • Fan on top of radiator, pushing air into radiator and into the case (intake)
  • Fan below radiator, pushing air into radiator and out of case (exhaust)
  • Fan below radiator, pulling air through radiator and into case (intake)
The case has two vented side panels and will also have bottom fans (probably in exhaust mode). I will be using a 9900ks and a 2080ti ftw3 Ultra, so cooling efficiency will be important.

For ease of cleaning the radiator of dust I think having the fan on top in exhaust mode or the fan on bottom in intake mode would be best. From what I have read on this thread, it seems the vented SM580 works best when set up as a negative pressure case (ie fans in exhaust mode). So is it best to orient the x62 with the fans on top of the radiator, pulling air through the rad and out of the case?

Thanks.
It's all depending on what you are looking : better cpu or better gpu temperature..;)

For better GPU temperature : both top and bottom fans in exhaust mode. GPU will have proper intake fresh air from side and its hot air will be exhausted quickly from case with this scheme...however cpu cooler will receive hot air thus cpu temperature will be higher (not in a crasy way).

For better CPU cooling temperature : TOP fans in intake and bottom as exhaust. In that case, CPU cooler will have best performance...however CPU hot air will partially hindered gpu cooling.

If your main purpose is gaming, just go for better GPU performance setup and it will lead to lower gpu temperature and less noise..:D

Reactions: wsgroves