Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Just wrapped up my (first ever SFF) build in the SM560 and here are some thoughts of mine:
  • The case feels really premium. I had no quality control issues with mine, everything looked perfect.
  • The manual is good for pointers, but it seems to be missing some really important steps and information. I suppose because this is such a niche market, the expectation is that you know what you're getting into, but that wasn't true for me. Luckily I got some help on the Discord from @3lfk1ng. If I hadn't had that help I don't know how I could have done it.
    • The manual doesn't cover installing an AIO, even though that seems to be an extremely popular option. Knowing how to orient the cooler and arrange the tubing is really tough and I struggled quite a bit with this part. The way I ended up doing it (at 3lf's suggestion) was putting one tube on the GPU side and one on the motherboard and routing it under the spine and RAM. I had to slide it in at a pretty gruesome angle, and I ended up not using the 92mm AIO adapter at all and screwed it into the bottom vents directly (mostly because I couldn't figure out how to use the adapter).
    • I was a moron and didn't take the top off while installing most of my components. I don't know why I did this, but maybe stress how helpful it is to have it off (this seems like idiot-proofing, but we exist). I would not recommend trying to install a motherboard with the top on. Somehow I did manage, but man, that was an exercise in stupidity.
  • I had a lot of trouble with my I/O shield. It would sound like it was snapping into place but not stay put. I have a B450-I Strix.
  • The internal bar of the case always seemed to be in the way, especially when installing the cooler. I know it has to be there, but it was pretty frustrating to work with. It makes routing tubing especially difficult.
  • Installing the PSU and routing the cables was actually quite easy for me, even with the stock cables. I expected it to be a lot harder.
  • I had no issues with screws stripping, or with the side panels being too difficult to take off. The retention mechanisms seem well adjusted to me.
  • Very minor nitpick: the cutouts for the ports going all the way to the panel (instead of perfectly tapered around the port) mildly bugs me.

I've been using the case for a few days and here are some of my thoughts on performance:
  • My 3700X seems to be getting cooled decently by the 645LT. I ran some stress tests on it for about 15 minutes and it was maxing out around 80C. I will say however that it is quite loud. I'm not sure I have my fan curves exactly perfected, but it ramps up pretty quickly and is really audible due to the vented panels (though I can't hear it with my headset and music on). It seems to idle around 60C, which seems high.
  • My 1080Ti has so much ventilation that it rarely spins it's fans, though I don't play any particularly intensive games.
  • I haven't done any BIOS tweaks or undervolting, etc. I might be able to squeeze more performance or better thermals out of it still.
Overall, it performs pretty well, especially for the size. Though I still can't help hoping for Sliger to make a Cerberus mini so we can take advantage of larger air coolers that perform much better, which I would still purchase even after already buying my 560. @KSliger pretty please?

Anyway, I'm happy with my purchase. The case is gorgeous (despite the ugly Noctua) and the size is wonderful. Finally, a case I'm happy to have on my desk. Great job to the entire Sliger team!

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
What are the dimensions of the squarish opening in the front frame of the SM580? (top left opening when looking at the case from the front with front panel off) Are there any other openings in the front? It looks to be more closed off than the SM560 front

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Hi!Is there a sm 5x0 3d model so I can fiddle with it to see what I can put inside? I´ve found a cerberus one, but not this sandwhich stile...

thank you!

Exustron

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 10, 2019
So after a few weeks with my SM550, I just want to say that the semi-passive mode with a shadow rock lp is definitely feasible. I've got a 3700x in an aorus x570i wifi with two NF-A12x25 fans exhausting out the bottom. At stock settings with PBO enabled, I'm getting cinebench r20 scores of around 4700 with temps in benchmarks/stress tests creeping up into the mid 80s (84-85 max depending on the benchmark/stress test) but usually stick around the mid-upper 70s during normal loads. This is with a fairly aggressive fan curve that maxes out at 2000 rpm at 75 degrees, so not the quietest, but certainly reasonable (for me).

I've been meaning to dabble with the TDP settings to see what I can do as far as reducing temps for a slight hit in performance, but I'm fine where I'm at for the time being. Props for the awesome case, @KSliger. It's everything I wanted and was shockingly easy for me to build in for it being my first (proper) SFF build.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Got my ID Cooling IS-60 in today, paired it with a Prolimatech140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex Fan. I used this fan previously with a Big Shuriken 2 in my MI-6 and I knew performance and noise levels were really good compared to the included fan. I used some M3 x 4mm cap head screws and used the back part of the frame rather than the front, this prevented the side panel from bowing. Cooling seems really decent with idle temps of 31C and load 75C.

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
Got my ID Cooling IS-60 in today, paired it with a Prolimatech140mm Ultra Sleek Vortex Fan. I used this fan previously with a Big Shuriken 2 in my MI-6 and I knew performance and noise levels were really good compared to the included fan. I used some M3 x 4mm cap head screws and used the back part of the frame rather than the front, this prevented the side panel from bowing. Cooling seems really decent with idle temps of 31C and load 75C.
Hey rfarmer, I saw in another post that you have the Ncase M1. What are your thoughts on this case vs the Ncase M1? Are the thermals better, or is the smaller size of the Sliger worth it?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey rfarmer, I saw in another post that you have the Ncase M1. What are your thoughts on this case vs the Ncase M1? Are the thermals better, or is the smaller size of the Sliger worth it?
I actually recently sold my Ncase but it is a great case. Thermals are better in the Ncase vs the SM550, at least CPU thermals because you can use quite a bit bigger cooler. GPU thermals are probably better with the 550.

Edit: Just realized I didn't answer your second question. I originally moved from the Ncase to a MI-6 because I felt the Ncase was too big, decided after a while that the MI-6 was too small. I really like the size of my Ghost and SM550, to me this is a great compromise between size and cooling.

Last edited:

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018

Had to pause on installing the fan grills for a while since I had 2 games to finish and a show to binge. But I'm finally done!

Temps are incredible in this case. My 1080 TI is only 1~2 degrees warmer than in my H400i case. CPU is the same (While gaming obv, no interest in stress tests)

Overall, building in this case was really fun. Super easy but man oh man... I really regret using my SFX-L PSU instead of just buying an SFX when I had the chance. Oh well, took a risk and made it work somehow.

For those who want to buy an SFX-L for this case, don't. For those who already have an SFX-L PSU that they want to use, YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED A FAN GRILL AND UNSLEEVED CABLES! It's not going to work no matter how hard you try without em, the PSU is so close to the bottom fan that there is no room to bend cables. Right now I have the panel closed but the 24-pin is pressed against the panel making it protrude a lil bit. I'll fix that soon.

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
I actually recently sold my Ncase but it is a great case. Thermals are better in the Ncase vs the SM550, at least CPU thermals because you can use quite a bit bigger cooler. GPU thermals are probably better with the 550.

Edit: Just realized I didn't answer your second question. I originally moved from the Ncase to a MI-6 because I felt the Ncase was too big, decided after a while that the MI-6 was too small. I really like the size of my Ghost and SM550, to me this is a great compromise between size and cooling.

Yeah that's what I thought too, I currently have a Sentry and feel that while it's amazing now, upgradability in the future will be difficult. Was thinking of moving to either the Ncase or SM550, but thought that Ncase would be too big

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Overall, building in this case was really fun. Super easy but man oh man... I really regret using my SFX-L PSU instead of just buying an SFX when I had the chance. Oh well, took a risk and made it work somehow.

For those who want to buy an SFX-L for this case, don't. For those who already have an SFX-L PSU that they want to use, YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED A FAN GRILL AND UNSLEEVED CABLES! It's not going to work no matter how hard you try without em, the PSU is so close to the bottom fan that there is no room to bend cables. Right now I have the panel closed but the 24-pin is pressed against the panel making it protrude a lil bit. I'll fix that soon.

My Seasonic SFX-L (which isn't a proper standard so length might differ by a few mm) with sleeved cables fit without touching the bottom fan, but just barely. Definitely agree that anyone looking to build in this case with SFX-L should have fan grills on hand, just in case (even without SFX-L might be prudent, depending on other parts and cable routing).

Nice setup! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

thomas17496

Efficiency Noob
Sep 3, 2019
Hey guys,

Just wondering if we can fit a single 140mm radiator in the bottom of the SM580? I live overseas and it is very expensive to buy just an adapter for 140mm to 120mm fan...

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hey guys,

Just wondering if we can fit a single 140mm radiator in the bottom of the SM580? I live overseas and it is very expensive to buy just an adapter for 140mm to 120mm fan...

For custom loop, yes (27mm rad plus 15mm fan are officially supported). AIO are not officially recommend in the bottom

Reactions: CountNoctua