Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Found this posted on reddit by user Tripler52, his pump reservoir setup looks like it could work really well for SM570/580.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Does the 580 have the same front compartment as the 560? I havent really seen many pictures with the front off.
The 560 has the space to mount the drive in the front but if you dont use a drive there, you can hide a bunch of cables in there.

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Does the 580 have the same front compartment as the 560? I havent really seen many pictures with the front off.
The 560 has the space to mount the drive in the front but if you dont use a drive there, you can hide a bunch of cables in there.

I have a 2.5mm drive in front and can still tuck a few cables in there. I'll get you a picture this afternoon.

Reactions: wsgroves and Nugget

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Got my SM580 pretty much all built and breathed a sigh of relief when it posted. Cable management is still a mess since I just wanted to get it done and see if it was operational by the end. So I'll have to wrestle with cable management in the coming days.

Couple takeaways for me being this was my first SFF build, my other experience being building in my Cooler Master Storm Scout case over the years:

Planning is key! Granted, a huge part of my problem with building in the SM580 was my total inability to get the 2 interior screws on the PSU bracket out, but even beyond that, man, you kind of need to plan out what is going to go where, because once you start screwing some stuff in , other stuff isn't going to fit.

Those 2 PSU bracket screws... I still don't know what the deal was/is there. I tried so many different Phillips head screwdrivers, went out and bought a brand new one and no matter what I did, those 2 screws wouldn't move at all and just started to strip past a certain point. Thankfully, those were the only screws that gave me too much of an issue. But the whole build would have been so much easier with the PSU bracket out of the way.

The radiator bracket! I was just using my 240mm Corsair H100 AIO and was able to figure out how to remove the bracket ok and get everything mounted. Where I ran into a weird issue was lining up the side screw holes for screwing the bracket back in and getting that simultaneously lined up with the circular mesh on the top for the holes where you screw down the handle. Had to disassemble that a couple times to get everything lined up just right.

And an existing issue- I'm still at a loss for how the 3.5 inch HDD is supposed to fit on the bottom if I'm also using a 140mm fan down there too. I've got the 140mm fan under the motherboard and had been planning on using the 3.5 inch drive on the 120mm bracket next to it. The HDD fits fine on the bracket and slides in snug next to the 140mm fan but there is next to no room for the SATA cables to come out the back of the hard drive- certainly not if you're having the SATA cable end of the drive right next to the 140mm fan. If I was using a 120mm fan down next to it, it would probably be fine. But I'll have to see if any slim SATA cables might work- there is a really small amount of space between the front of the case and the drive if you have the hard drive oriented with the SATA cable end closest to the front, but unless I can get some real flexible SATA power cables, I don't know how it'll really fit in there. Any advice?

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
Got my cables ordered thanks @pslate

Thanks a bunch! ?

@pslate with your sm580 cables which PSU fan position is best for the cables/lengths/finish? PSU fan facing gpu or window?

The cables are for PSU fan facing the window/right side panel only at the moment. I am considering adding PSU fan facing GPU as an option but that requires some remeasuring of lengths for each PSU model.

Hey @pslate just curious how much business has grown in the past couple months since these Sliger cases have launched? From the look of this thread and reddit, it sounds like everyone and their brother is getting custom runs from you :D

Going very well, getting a bit cramped running everything out of the spare bedroom in my house though!

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
Alright, here's some quick and dirty pictures of the NZXT G12 bracket with a Corsair H55i on my RTX 2080 FE in the SM580 (whew! Thats a lot of model numbers!)

I do NOT recommend this set up, and spent the last 3 hours re-doing my build and swapping the G12/H55 for an Accelero Xtreme III as a result. Consider this as informational if you really want to try it, but do so at your own potential risk. The trick is to maneuver the radiator with a slim fan through from the mobo side, then twist 90 degrees in to place while jamming one of the tubes through the spine to the other side. Then pass the pump through the middle of the case and attach to the G12 + GPU. Mounting the GPU again requires some serious tube jamming. Again, I do not recommend this! Temps were fine, though :p

Alright, now some shots of everything cable managed (as best as my feeble attempt could get) with the Accelero III installed. Having a helluva time keeping voltage + temps down on the 3900X, but I'm not unique in that - seems to be some teething issues with the 3000 series Ryzen chips. Oh, and I had to bust out the soldering iron to make a 4-pin PWM adapter for the Accelero III since the RTX 2080 FE doesn't have the mini 4-pin connector. I've got the X62 and bottom case fans connected to the CPU fan header, the X62 pump connected to the AIO header, and the Accelero III connected to the chassis fan header.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X470-i Gaming
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200CL16 @ 3600CL16
  • GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Founders Edition
  • Storage: Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus + sk.Hynix PC401 1TB NVMe
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT X62 w/ 2 x Noctua Chromax NF-14
  • GPU Cooler: ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme III
  • PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum with pslate custom cables (don't forget SATA power cable for the X62!)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Alright, here's some quick and dirty pictures of the NZXT G12 bracket with a Corsair H55i on my RTX 2080 FE in the SM580 (whew! Thats a lot of model numbers!)

I do NOT recommend this set up, and spent the last 3 hours re-doing my build and swapping the G12/H55 for an Accelero Xtreme III as a result. Consider this as informational if you really want to try it, but do so at your own potential risk. The trick is to maneuver the radiator with a slim fan through from the mobo side, then twist 90 degrees in to place while jamming one of the tubes through the spine to the other side. Then pass the pump through the middle of the case and attach to the G12 + GPU. Mounting the GPU again requires some serious tube jamming. Again, I do not recommend this! Temps were fine, though :p

Alright, now some shots of everything cable managed (as best as my feeble attempt could get) with the Accelero III installed. Having a helluva time keeping voltage + temps down on the 3900X, but I'm not unique in that - seems to be some teething issues with the 3000 series Ryzen chips. Oh, and I had to bust out the soldering iron to make a 4-pin PWM adapter for the Accelero III since the RTX 2080 FE doesn't have the mini 4-pin connector. I've got the X62 and bottom case fans connected to the CPU fan header, the X62 pump connected to the AIO header, and the Accelero III connected to the chassis fan header.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X470-i Gaming
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200CL16 @ 3600CL16
  • GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Founders Edition
  • Storage: Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus + sk.Hynix PC401 1TB NVMe
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT X62 w/ 2 x Noctua Chromax NF-14
  • GPU Cooler: ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme III
  • PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum with pslate custom cables (don't forget SATA power cable for the X62!)
Build came out good, how is the Accelero III at cooling the 2080?

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
Build came out good, how is the Accelero III at cooling the 2080?

Thanks! Haven't tested in-game or stressed it yet, but its idling ~29C, which is actually a couple degrees lower than with the H55i. Gunna go grab some food and let Afterburner do an OC scan and see what it tops out at now.

Reactions: rfarmer

Star316

Cable Smoosher
Mar 23, 2019
up and down does not stick either
Hey, I ordered the filter kits for the SM580 and I am having the same issues as you, they are not sticking. I also received an email from DEMCifilter stating that they "had a problem with adding magnets for the non-ferrous application of these filters". So I am hoping they would send replacement units that are properly magnetic.

Edit: They just sent me replacements!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrkhesin

raiistar

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Hey, I ordered the filter kits for the SM580 and I am having the same issues as you, they are not sticking. I also received an email from DEMCifilter stating that they "had a problem with adding magnets for the non-ferrous application of these filters". So I am hoping they would send replacement units that are properly magnetic.

Edit: They just sent me replacements!
Just got the same email too.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
One other thing I noticed with my 580 build- as I think has been mentioned, the Corsair Commander Pro seems way too big to hide anywhere in the case.

Quick question- what's the easiest way to hook up a Corsair LL140's RGB? I goofed in getting the LL140 single pack, which doesn't come with the required fan hub. I already have the RGB hub and even a Commander Pro from my old build. But in reading more about it, I'd need the fan hub and the rgb hub to get the RGB working on it. Add in that both would need SATA power connections. And my H100i AIO is using its own USB port on the Gigabyte X570-i motherboard, which seemingly only has the one USB port, so I'd probably need an internal USB hub to hook up the RGB hub's USB port...

That seems like too much work for just one RGB fan...