Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

dfsaqwe

Cable Smoosher
Jun 12, 2019
I will re-state that my build is absolutely crazy and I do not suggest anyone try it. Is it time for me to break my build out into another thread so I can go into more depth on the parts I picked, how I got them in, and the final tests?

yes, please! def plan on doing a custom loop myself and details of any completed builds will help the rest of us!

Reactions: DrHudacris

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Got my SM580 yesterday, while out of town. Back today and spent the better part of the afternoon doing the initial build. Still waiting for custom cables from pslate, so no pictures as its an absolute mess in there - but I have to give props to Sliger. This case is really well built and looks awesome.

The hardest bit, that had me questioning whether I should revert to stock air cooling or not, was getting my FE 2080 w/ a G12 + G55 + A12x15 in the bottom using the 120MM AIO bracket (top radiator bracket being used for an NZXT x62). I eventually made it work, but man are those pipes kinked and tight. I've done preliminary stress testing and temps on the GPU are fine so its all working well, but it is pretty sketchy looking.

Pretty amazing going from a mid-tower Threadripper machine to this with a 3900X, and its faster + quieter. I'll be posting pics once its all done and purty.
Sliger has said that the bottom 120mm radiator mount was for custom loops only for that reason - you can't route tubes around the spine. Are you sure it's safe with the tubes kinked like that? You don't want to have them permeate water into the tubes or leak.

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019
Sliger has said that the bottom 120mm radiator mount was for custom loops only for that reason - you can't route tubes around the spine. Are you sure it's safe with the tubes kinked like that? You don't want to have them permeate water into the tubes or leak.

Once my custom cables arrive I'll take some pictures and see what the more experienced of you guys on here think...

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hey every1 quick video of how I mounted my Corsair h115i rgb platinum in the Sliger sm580. If you have any questions let me know or if I did anything wrong. This is my 1st sff build. Also does any1 know how I can add pics and vids to a post in the imgur app?

Planck

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
Finally got mine today! It was packed very secure. It was amusing the IO Panel actually arrived before the case. The form factor is perfect, definitely backpack-able, but still quite roomy. I can already tell I will love working in it alot more than my Node 202 case that it will displace. Power button has a nice firm feel and not clicky (hate clicky).

I remember reading complements on Sliger's paint finish, but I am not impressed. Lots of defects, most are really small, lots of rough bumps and micro divots which don't photo well, several 4mm long raised paint blobs, rough corner edges, a 6mm scratch on front of the case. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm deciding how to resolve it, but I am curious if this is an outlier or common.

Also, how flat is your vented panel? Mine are warped a little and cause a small gap in the middle. The acrylic panels I got were nicely flat.

Lastly, I really hate the ball studs, way too tight especially with so little purchase to pry the panels off with. I remember OptimumTech criticizing them, but for some reason I thought it was just an exaggeration for sake of finding a negative to balance out a very positive review. I was worried something might break on the first opening they were that tight. Opening the ball stud panels on my Phanteks case is smooth and satisfying, opening this case is a a pain point. Hopefully I can modify them to be less a pita.

Bruzur

Cable Smoosher
Jul 3, 2019
For those who are interested in purchasing fitted dust filters (from Demcifilter) for the SM580, the order will likely get caught up in customs for a few days. I figured that it made sense to mention this so that people wouldn’t spring for additional shipping costs.

Reactions: dfsaqwe and KSliger

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hey everyone. Here the 1st start up with everything installed. Last vid or pic for a bit. Gotta start tackling the wire management in the back. Please let me know what u guys think and ways I can improve, i must say this is such a great case, coming from a full size atx build. I also wanna say thx to the folks at Sliger for making this case. ??

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@Planck definitely should not be a lot of issues with the paint etc. @KSliger needs to lay the smaketh down on the new employees for letting it ship that way.
Shoot him a message about it.
As for the side panels, they get somewhat easier to remove if you take them on and off a bit. At least they won't fall off. Mine also have some slight slight bows in them but not enough for it to bother me and not unless you look for it.

Reactions: Polski03

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Received my SM 580 today. I opted for black, with no I/O. I love the clean front, and stealthy black look.

I can’t wait to move my build into it. Planned parts:
  • Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming
  • 32gb ram, I might switch out the VLP 2666 for my faster 3200 ones.
  • NZXT X62 280mm AIO
  • EVGA 2080ti XC non ultra
  • Corsair SF750
For the four fans, I’m undecided whether to use the AER fans with the AIO, or Noctua 3000rpm ones, or Corsair ML140s. The Noctua 140mm 3000rpm fans are super loud at max speed, and I think they draw too much power to use Y-splitters. The ML140 are lit up in white, but I’m trying to not use any lighting this time around. I assume the AER fans are decent...

Which fans would you guys recommend for the top AIO vs the bottom, and which direction airflow?

Reactions: KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Finally got mine today! It was packed very secure. It was amusing the IO Panel actually arrived before the case. The form factor is perfect, definitely backpack-able, but still quite roomy. I can already tell I will love working in it alot more than my Node 202 case that it will displace. Power button has a nice firm feel and not clicky (hate clicky).

I remember reading complements on Sliger's paint finish, but I am not impressed. Lots of defects, most are really small, lots of rough bumps and micro divots which don't photo well, several 4mm long raised paint blobs, rough corner edges, a 6mm scratch on front of the case. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm deciding how to resolve it, but I am curious if this is an outlier or common.

Also, how flat is your vented panel? Mine are warped a little and cause a small gap in the middle. The acrylic panels I got were nicely flat.

Lastly, I really hate the ball studs, way too tight especially with so little purchase to pry the panels off with. I remember OptimumTech criticizing them, but for some reason I thought it was just an exaggeration for sake of finding a negative to balance out a very positive review. I was worried something might break on the first opening they were that tight. Opening the ball stud panels on my Phanteks case is smooth and satisfying, opening this case is a a pain point. Hopefully I can modify them to be less a pita.

Sheesh that is not acceptable quality, someone totally spaced checking this. All 3 of those flaws should be rejects on their own. Shoot us an email support@sliger.com and send these pictures, we will get you replacements.

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019

Sorry yours is like that - my (white) SM580 is flawless. Even my 16yo commented on how amazing the finish looks and feels. First time I took off the plexiglass side was a bit tight, but after that both sides are just right with their tension.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Can you post the clearance under front of the spine (under PSU) for SM550/560?

Here's that!

I regret a little black that I bought, although it has not been shipped yet.

Do you want to change the color?

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
@KSliger do you have the recommended lengths for custom cables for a 560? I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on it (although I'm never giving up on my dream of a Cerb mini)

Last edited:

OddBall

Case Bender
Aug 1, 2019
@KSliger Are the no I/O front SM580s shipping out now? I spoke with you guys two days ago and Jack had said they'd hopefully ship yesterday. Appreciate the very helpful support by the way

cmill

Caliper Novice
May 21, 2019
Hey every1 quick video of how I mounted my Corsair h115i rgb platinum in the Sliger sm580. If you have any questions let me know or if I did anything wrong. This is my 1st sff build. Also does any1 know how I can add pics and vids to a post in the imgur app?

You know you can mount it and use all of the screw holes for the case, if you just use the middle screw holes on the bracket for the radiator?

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
I'll tell you the easy way. Unscrew the top of the frame from the rear of the frame and the front of the frame (note i didn't say front panel) by removing 6 screws (2 front, 2 rear, 1 top left rear, 1 top right rear). To access the top rear screws, take off the side panels. To reach the front frame screws, take off the front panel cover like how you took off the side panels.

Once you take out the screws, you should be able to lift the top of the frame off. Note: the rear screw holes are extended, so you'll have to wiggle the top frame forward and up.

After that, focus on the top panel. There's 4 screws, take them out. Now that metal bracket inside that top frame, you can wiggle it out. It takes some muscle as it's tight. Once you get it out, mount the rad. Remember the orientation of the metal bracket. Also, when you mount the rad, mount it as far to the rear as you can, so you avoid the ball studs of the side panels. Or, if you're trying to fit the H115i series, apparently if you center it properly, they will fit ( I didn't bother trying and just returned mine for an NZXT x62). If you're mount a regular rad then rear most is preferred.

How much gap are we talking about between the ball studs and the radiator? I guess the previous folks didn't really try to line it up evenly as much as possible like you.

Omg thanks man that was definitely what I needed to do. It booted first try I'm hyped! Will do pics tomorrow. It's midnight and I'm putting on the finishing touches. I'd advise not mounting the internal power cable last...it's not as easy as I had hoped. Custom cables will definitely help, I went with the stock corsair plat cables and its not awful, just a lot to manage.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountNoctua

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger do you have the recommended lengths for custom cables for a 560? I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on it (although I'm never giving up on my dream of a Cerb mini)

I would order from PSlate, he has the lengths figured out - I have nothing to recommend.

@KSliger Are the no I/O front SM580s shipping out now? I spoke with you guys two days ago and Jack had said they'd hopefully ship yesterday. Appreciate the very helpful support by the way

Yes, but I think around 150 still to go out. See if you can talk to Jack tomorrow to check on yours specifically, will bump it up the line.

Received my SM 580 today. I opted for black, with no I/O. I love the clean front, and stealthy black look.

I can’t wait to move my build into it. Planned parts:
  • Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming
  • 32gb ram, I might switch out the VLP 2666 for my faster 3200 ones.
  • NZXT X62 280mm AIO
  • EVGA 2080ti XC non ultra
  • Corsair SF750
For the four fans, I’m undecided whether to use the AER fans with the AIO, or Noctua 3000rpm ones, or Corsair ML140s. The Noctua 140mm 3000rpm fans are super loud at max speed, and I think they draw too much power to use Y-splitters. The ML140 are lit up in white, but I’m trying to not use any lighting this time around. I assume the AER fans are decent...

Which fans would you guys recommend for the top AIO vs the bottom, and which direction airflow?

If you have vented panels exhaust out top and bottom is amazing temps. We were getting ~29C on a 9600K OCd at Quakecon on the ThermalTake Floe 280.

With windows I'd exhaust out the bottom no matter how much your PSU hates you, those are some serious parts. Maybe reverse fan if you know what you're doing and safetly drain the caps first.

@Planck definitely should not be a lot of issues with the paint etc. @KSliger needs to lay the smaketh down on the new employees for letting it ship that way.
Shoot him a message about it.
As for the side panels, they get somewhat easier to remove if you take them on and off a bit. At least they won't fall off. Mine also have some slight slight bows in them but not enough for it to bother me and not unless you look for it.

If the panels are still a PITA after removing panels a few times I would try and bend the clips on the chassis out a tiny tiny amount with a screw driver, barely anything visually noticeable will help a lot.

Hey everyone. Here the 1st start up with everything installed. Last vid or pic for a bit. Gotta start tackling the wire management in the back. Please let me know what u guys think and ways I can improve, i must say this is such a great case, coming from a full size atx build. I also wanna say thx to the folks at Sliger for making this case. ??

The more I look into this the Platinum version works fine, but the RGB Pro does not. Working on a replacement subtop bracket that spaces it off to exactly the right position to fix it. Good work on making it fit though!