Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
How the heck do I mount the radiator? I unscrewed the 4 screws from left and right of the case, the radiator holder won't come off.

Reactions: tunafich

jinghao

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
Hello, I don't know English, so some places don't understand. I ordered the SM580 yesterday. When do you usually ship it?

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
@KSliger no worries, I just got a nervous for a little while when you guys weren’t replying. If I was living in the US, I wouldn’t mind the delay but I have strict time constraints.

Jack reached out to me early in the morning though, so all is good. I just hope we can work out the quakecon coupon technicalities.

Ceebee

Cable Smoosher
Jul 27, 2019
Hey @KSliger will the Cerberus chrome feet set fit on the SM series or are planning on one in the future? I would definitely buy one to compliment this beauty, immediately!

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Will there be a significant advantage of going with mini-sized GPU's with the SM570 or would full length dual-slot cards do just fine? I reckon that mini-sized ones are more expensive than their full length counterparts.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Will there be a significant advantage of going with mini-sized GPU's with the SM570 or would full length dual-slot cards do just fine? I reckon that mini-sized ones are more expensive than their full length counterparts.

Go with full length dual slot, avoid blower cards if you can!

Hey @KSliger will the Cerberus chrome feet set fit on the SM series or are planning on one in the future? I would definitely buy one to compliment this beauty, immediately!

Cerberus feet do work on these, might make the chrome feet an option on checkout later but for now you could snag them off the Cerberus page.

@KSliger no worries, I just got a nervous for a little while when you guys weren’t replying. If I was living in the US, I wouldn’t mind the delay but I have strict time constraints.

Jack reached out to me early in the morning though, so all is good. I just hope we can work out the quakecon coupon technicalities.

Appreciate the patience, glad Jack has you covered should get the coupon thing resolved tomorrow too!

Hello, I don't know English, so some places don't understand. I ordered the SM580 yesterday. When do you usually ship it?

Right now we are shipping in 6 days or less for stock configurations.

How the heck do I mount the radiator? I unscrewed the 4 screws from left and right of the case, the radiator holder won't come off.

Is the bracket stuck in the top? Shoot us an email with pictures if something doesn't seem right, it might just be stuck.

Will work on the user manual later this week.

@KSliger i got my sm580 coming this week. i know what the psu bracket looks like, but what exactly does the rad mount bracket look like?

Will post a picture of it tomorrow, shoot us an email if not. I have no pictures to post right now.

There is SOME possibility that I used the wrong THREAD for the PCIE backplate, but that should just jam and not break. The driver fit fine. It didn't strip at the screwdriver - it just plain broke.

Also - welcome back!

Did the other screws that looked the same thread in fine?

Yep! That under spine clearance PSU side is what I was asking about! Thank you!

I personally don't mind stainless screws

Edit: @KSliger is this clearance the same for SM550/560?

I'll look into stainless if people keep having problems.

The SM550 / SM560 are different, think they are ~3mm less, will get that information posted.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
We can ship without switch, only takes $7 off though as they're a really cheap part of the case. Might be better to just take it to have while you get a replacement.

I have ordered the sm550 with slate gray panel option and i have already sent an email to orders contact.

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Wow. Thx for the quick reply @KSliger
Have you ever thought of making an optional front panel for people without ssd or hdd? The front panel would be used to mount 2x 120 mm fans or 2x 140 mm? To increase air flow through out? Would prolly need an revised inside part of the front to let the air flow thru. I have an sm580 coming and only plan to use 1 m.2 for storage. Might be an great option.

Reactions: CountNoctua

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Go with full length dual slot, avoid blower cards if you can!

Appreciate the patience, glad Jack has you covered should get the coupon thing resolved tomorrow too!

That is nice to hear! Thanks.

Also, IIRC you said that you already got the front panels for the SM570/SM580 last week and that my order should already include the 19-pin that I wanted, right?

tunafich

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 28, 2019
Also having trouble getting the radiator mount off of the top panel. I have the right screwdriver but the screws seem to be completely stuck.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Got the bracket out. Just a bit snug. Custom cables are almost mandatory for this case. I installed everything I needed, and still have issues trying to make the cables neat. Not sure how the rest of you guys are doing it. Fan connectors for bottom fans, fan connector for radiator fans, psu/cpu/gpu/waterpump sata/power plug... and getting it al to look neat, is a tough task.

Last edited:

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Did the other screws that looked the same thread in fine?

I'm afraid I threw away the broken screw before I inspected it. The screw currently holding in my GPU was from my big old box of extra screws but it threaded in fine so the issue wasn't the thread on the GPU backplate screw hole on the case.

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Nope, I have the fan on my 645 set to exhaust, like my case fan. When I had two case fans there was a significant difference in thermals between intake vs exhaust. I have both vented panels. Should it be intake?

I know that KSliger suggested that you have the fans as exhaust but with my configuration I have found that setting both fans as intake work better for the 645. I've tested with vented panels as well as a windowed panel on the CPU side. With the fans as exhaust, I was seeing temps in the 70s on my 3700x. When I flipped the fans, my temps settle in at about 60 degrees while gaming. If there is a debate or this warrants more discussion, I'd be happy to run some benchmarks and report my results if it helps other people with their builds in the future.