Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Interesting find. When using the PSU cable extension included with the SM560, I get some serious coil whine on my Strix 2080 ti, but when I go direct from the wall to my PSU this seems to lessen significantly....any thoughts guys??

What PSU do you have? Do you have a UPS that you could plug the computer into instead of direct wall power? You could also try finding a replacement extension cable and seeing if that changes anything.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
What PSU do you have? Do you have a UPS that you could plug the computer into instead of direct wall power? You could also try finding a replacement extension cable and seeing if that changes anything.
SF750, and I guess I should have specified, I'm running through a UPS (though I have tried direct to wall with no improvement) I considered picking up another cable from the Sliger site to see if it improves. Just wondering if anyone had any idea if there was a cable available of higher quality/other ideas.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
SF750, and I guess I should have specified, I'm running through a UPS (though I have tried direct to wall with no improvement) I considered picking up another cable from the Sliger site to see if it improves. Just wondering if anyone had any idea if there was a cable available of higher quality/other ideas.

If you're in the US, check cables from Monoprice. They have right angle cable extenders (and left angle extenders), and get the 14AWG. Not to take a sale away from Sliger, but Monoprice has always been my go-to for cabling of every sort. You could probably get away with using a 10ft cable, coming from your PSU directly into the wall, if necessary, that was my plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountNoctua

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
If you're in the US, check cables from Monoprice. They have right angle cable extenders (and left angle extenders), and get the 14AWG. Not to take a sale away from Sliger, but Monoprice has always been my go-to for cabling of every sort. You could probably get away with using a 10ft cable, coming from your PSU directly into the wall, if necessary, that was my plan.
I wouldn't mind taking a look. What would I search for? I'm not familiar with these types of cables. Unfortunately idk how practical a nonremovable cable would be from my case since I move around a bit.

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
I'm planning on dual 120mm AIO cooling my CPU and GPU.

Case is supposed to arrive today, so wondering if anyone has any predictions on how I should set that up ? I've mostly been considering bottom as intake, top as exhaust, with both 120mm AIO being side by side.

I still have my old H100 280mm I was using on my CPU, but don't think I could keep what I had with my full tower: 280mm as intake on top, and 120 on GPU as exhaust on back (would do bottom for SM580, but really not sure it fits.).

Whatever happens, will post build pics and size comparison and everything I've personally been starving to seer since first seeing the case concept on here.

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019
The purpose of this machine is to power the Valve Index in my living room and it's in a suffocating but too-large Enthoo Evolv ITX with two AIOs in it now.

Nice dude, my build is also to power my valve index. I got way too anxious waiting for the case and dropped my new 2080 into my old/current 2600k build to play it. That cpu is a champ it runs super well still. Absolutely blown away by the index, can’t wait to hook it up to a sff case with a handle instead of lugging around my huge honkin tower. What VR games are you getting?

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018

Case is supposed to arrive today, so wondering if anyone has any predictions on how I should set that up ? I've mostly been considering bottom as intake, top as exhaust, with both 120mm AIO being side by side.

I still have my old H100 280mm I was using on my CPU, but don't think I could keep what I had with my full tower: 280mm as intake on top, and 120 on GPU as exhaust on back (would do bottom for SM580, but really not sure it fits.).

Whatever happens, will post build pics and size comparison and everything I've personally been starving to seer since first seeing the case concept on here.

If you're going double AIO, using the radiators as intake would get you the lowest temperatures. What side panels are you going to use?

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
The only thing I can think of is that the power extension cable could be causing EMI in the GPU when the whole system is under load. You could experiment with routing the cable other ways to keep it away from your GPU? Might be worth a shot.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018

For that setup intake would be best for your CPU and GPU, but there is a possibility that it could be hard on your VRM's, RAM, and PSU since you will be dumping the heat from the two hottest components straight into the case. I would say try it with both as intake, but monitor the VRM and RAM temps while stress testing both your GPU and CPU to make sure they don't throttle.

Edit: To be clear, I meant top as intake bottom as exhaust. Also, from what I understand the SM580 can fit a 120mm AIO in the bottom if you use a slim fan on it, so you may be able to use the other setup you suggested with a 280mm on top and a 120mm on bottom. In that case I would suggest using the bottom as intake and the top as exhaust since the GPU generally should take priority for cooling if this is a gaming build.

Last edited:

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
If you're going double AIO, using the radiators as intake would get you the lowest temperatures. What side panels are you going to use?
I went double window, I hate dust ... and it's worked fine with my full tower (no sff experience, if that was a super stupid thing to say)

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
For that setup intake would be best for your CPU and GPU, but there is a possibility that it could be hard on your VRM's, RAM, and PSU since you will be dumping the heat from the two hottest components straight into the case. I would say try it with both as intake, but monitor the VRM and RAM temps while stress testing both your GPU and CPU to make sure they don't throttle.

Edit: To be clear, I meant top as intake bottom as exhaust. Also, from what I understand the SM580 can fit a 120mm AIO in the bottom if you use a slim fan on it, so you may be able to use the other setup you suggested with a 280mm on top and a 120mm on bottom. In that case I would suggest using the bottom as intake and the top as exhaust since the GPU generally should take priority for cooling if this is a gaming build.
It is a gaming build, this case is the smallest one I could find that could house the massive MSI 2080ti Trio X (at least I hope)

As it's set up in my full tower: I have the 280mm on the CPU (i7 7700K) as top intake, two front intake fans, and the 120mm on the GPU as rear exhaust. Had no issues whatsoever, with gaming at 4k for the GPU at 60-63 max (CPU I've never really looked or cared since the 280mm handled it so well all these years, but if I had to guess I'd say 60-65 too). Could run a quick test right now just to see.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
With shipping time coming, let's share the specs of what we have intended to go in there. I have an SM570 on the way.

This is mine, plus EK waterblocks for the CPU and GPU blocks, plus other brands of pump, reservoirs, radiators, fans, UV reactive green liquid depending on what will fit. Once I get all the components placed, I'll order UV reactive cables and UV LED strips from Cablemod. I am buying some magnetic receptive tape to use to help place fan filters and the LED strips.

edit: After reading the reviews of that particular tape, I will be looking for a different option.

Can I ask what your plans are for pump/res in the case? I'm 99% to just buying a Fractal Nano S because I want to have a proper res and pump.

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Nice dude, my build is also to power my valve index. I got way too anxious waiting for the case and dropped my new 2080 into my old/current 2600k build to play it. That cpu is a champ it runs super well still. Absolutely blown away by the index, can’t wait to hook it up to a sff case with a handle instead of lugging around my huge honkin tower. What VR games are you getting?

Glad for you! I played a ton of Skyrim and Fallout on Rift, but the control mappings for Index are unplayable for both at the moment and Bethesda is ignoring those games (and never even released FO4 DLC for the VR edition) so I don't expect much there. Arizona Sunshine, Space Pirate Trainer, Budget Cuts, H3VR (Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades) and SUPERHOT are all fun VR games.

It's funny: I have a big sit-down gaming rig and a VR rig because I don't have space to play VR where I have my desk and I don't have space for a desk where I play VR and in the San Francisco bay, it's cheaper to have two PCs than it is to have a bigger apartment.

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Can I ask what your plans are for pump/res in the case? I'm 99% to just buying a Fractal Nano S because I want to have a proper res and pump.

Good question and I wish I had the answer. I have a few combinations I'm going to try and will post what does and does not work. My bet is that I'll end up using an EK-XTOP SPC-60 PWM with a Switftech MCRES Micro.

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
I wouldn't mind taking a look. What would I search for? I'm not familiar with these types of cables. Unfortunately idk how practical a nonremovable cable would be from my case since I move around a bit.

That would be a good start. I see that the end connectors on the one Sliger sells has screw hole mounts, so maybe these cables won't fit properly.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Interesting find. When using the PSU cable extension included with the SM560, I get some serious coil whine on my Strix 2080 ti, but when I go direct from the wall to my PSU this seems to lessen significantly....any thoughts guys??
Interesting. I have used extension cables with my Strix with no issues.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
There is absolutely no way with forced air for there to be any recirculation unless the fans are so incredibly weak they barely move any air in the first place. Air from the PSU will be pushed out and around the PSU with very little turbulence due to there being a flow path out. This entire concept of hot air rises, therefore it's natural is out the window once convection is thrown into the mix. What will happen is exactly like @KSliger said, Intake through the top will result in lower CPU temperatures, exhaust will result in lower GPU temperatures.
Exactly what I've been trying to say. The hot air rises concept doesn't really apply with computer cases with fans.

Quick question: The Corsair H100i Platinum RGB would fit in the SM570 right? I got a nice deal on them compared to the Kraken X52s at Microcenter :p

Also I've never dealt with RGB fans before? Do I have to buy those Node thingies for Corsair?

Got all the parts for my build now! Just gotta wait for the case. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fvP9sZ
Where and how did you get a deal for thst AIO again? This is the best Corsair 240mm AIO among their choices, right?

@All
If I buy a Corsair 240mm AIO and replace their fans with Noctua ones, will I get significantly better cooling performance?

If so, can I use the included fand as bottom case fans for the SM570 and be golden instead of buying more Noctua fans that will just act as bottom case fans? Trying to save a little bit of money here.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
It is a gaming build, this case is the smallest one I could find that could house the massive MSI 2080ti Trio X (at least I hope)

As it's set up in my full tower: I have the 280mm on the CPU (i7 7700K) as top intake, two front intake fans, and the 120mm on the GPU as rear exhaust. Had no issues whatsoever, with gaming at 4k for the GPU at 60-63 max (CPU I've never really looked or cared since the 280mm handled it so well all these years, but if I had to guess I'd say 60-65 too). Could run a quick test right now just to see.

What are the motherboard, SSD, and VRM temps in your full tower?

Dual-loop in a double-windowed SFF case might be a little challenging, as Bioforce pointed out. That kind of setup is really better suited for larger cases and open-air cases. The other components in the system may get a little warm, but maybe not unreasonably so. You should be okay as long as you have some free space for non-rad intake fans (as you do on your full system) bringing in cool air. I'd monitor the system temps carefully and do some dual load (GPU+CPU) torture tests early on to see how things look in a worst-case scenario.

Last edited:

Blizzbray

Efficiency Noob
Jul 22, 2019
Not to beat a dead horse here but I have one final aio question. My h110i isnt the pro but the edges are definitely pretty square. same as the one i have in this linked image:
Is this one of the ones that has fitment issues?

BucDan

Trash Compacter
Jul 17, 2019
Not to beat a dead horse here but I have one final aio question. My h110i isnt the pro but the edges are definitely pretty square. same as the one i have in this linked image:
Is this one of the ones that has fitment issues?

Will fit fine in the SM570/SM580. Apparently it's only the H115i model that has fitment issues.