Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
How many units will be available ? Do you expect them to all be pre-ordered within a couple of hours ?

There's ~50 of each 570 and 580. I really don't know, it's on the more expensive side so I am thinking unlikely they all go that quickly but would be stoked if they did!

Any tips or suggestions for custom cable lengths for the 570/580?

PSlate Customs has cables for the Loque Ghost / Dan A4 that will work for this, layout is identical other than the AIO on top and fans on bottom.

Alexnader

Trash Compacter
Jun 27, 2019
There's ~50 of each 570 and 580. I really don't know, it's on the more expensive side so I am thinking unlikely they all go that quickly but would be stoked if they did!

That's what I was thinking, which is why I'm still hoping you'll consider putting them up tonight.

That way those of us still awake can order ours now, then tomorrow morning those who weren't able to order tonight, can do so as soon as they wake up.

Fingers crossed. Thanks for all the work and outreach you're doing here !

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
So at launch we can get an "unpainted" one as an option and then select a custom color, right? Do we know how much longer of a turn around we could expect for a custom color?

I'm leaning towards just white but some of the metallic finishes on the Prismatic Powders site look pretty cool, if those are custom options.

Reactions: Rmorrison

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

PSlate Customs has cables for the Loque Ghost / Dan A4 that will work for this, layout is identical other than the AIO on top and fans on bottom.

He actually has cable sets for the SM550/560 now.

Reactions: KSliger

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
He actually has cable sets for the SM550/560 now.
They're the same sets as for a ghost or dancase. Most of the sandwich layout cases are the same lengths barring a couple exceptions. The set I've done for my buddy's ghost is the same dimensions I'll be using for my 570.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So at launch we can get an "unpainted" one as an option and then select a custom color, right? Do we know how much longer of a turn around we could expect for a custom color?

I'm leaning towards just white but some of the metallic finishes on the Prismatic Powders site look pretty cool, if those are custom options.

Correct, unpainted will be where red usually is, then it will have a check box below for "custom powder coat color" and it will charge an extra $99.

That $99 covers any of the colors we did in the past such as Ecru Biege, Carmine Red, Army Green, Neon Pink, etc. at no extra charge, or any color you buy and ship us from prismaticpowders.com. (need to buy 3lbs minimum)

Going to upload pages tomorrow at 4pm PST - too many minor tweaks to make to back end code to hit this 9pm deadline. Sorry everyone that is up late, please PM me or email me and I will get you 1st priority as if you bought tonight!

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Correct, unpainted will be where red usually is, then it will have a check box below for "custom powder coat color" and it will charge an extra $99.

That $99 covers any of the colors we did in the past such as Ecru Biege, Carmine Red, Army Green, Neon Pink, etc. at no extra charge, or any color you buy and ship us from prismaticpowders.com. (need to buy 3lbs minimum)

Going to upload pages tomorrow at 4pm PST - too many minor tweaks to make to back end code to hit this 9pm deadline. Sorry everyone that is up late, please PM me or email me and I will get you 1st priority as if you bought tonight!
PM sended!!! ?

LSDemise

Caliper Novice
Jun 7, 2019

PM sent for the sm580. Thanks for doing this!

TheCrimsonRL

Chassis Packer
May 22, 2019
For both windowed panels and a 280mm rad on top is it safe to say that best bet for cooling would be 2×140mm fans on bottom as intakes and top as exhaust?

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
For both windowed panels and a 280mm rad on top is it safe to say that best bet for cooling would be 2×140mm fans on bottom as intakes and top as exhaust?
You will get cooler CPU temperatures with the radiator fans as intake at the cost of slightly higher GPU temps. It's all going to depend on what you're comfortable with for temperatures for each component

Reactions: TheCrimsonRL

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Just picked up my SM560! Putting the finishing touches on the layout of the internals, but I'm wondering about bottom fan orientation. I'm leaning towards putting a windowed panel on the GPU side, and keeping the vented panel on the CPU side. With this layout what would be the optimal fan orientation? My current thinking is having them set up as exhaust to pull air from the side vent, but I'm hoping the the expert (@KSliger or another) will be able to shepard me in the right direction.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Just picked up my SM560! Putting the finishing touches on the layout of the internals, but I'm wondering about bottom fan orientation. I'm leaning towards putting a windowed panel on the GPU side, and keeping the vented panel on the CPU side. With this layout what would be the optimal fan orientation? My current thinking is having them set up as exhaust to pull air from the side vent, but I'm hoping the the expert (@KSliger or another) will be able to shepard me in the right direction.
The optimal fan orientation is exhaust to pull air from the side vent.