Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
Thanks for the photo! Great looking case! @wsgroves it wasn't about price, but more so about esthetics ... too bad about the top panel having a large vent cutout instead of a uniform look ... I was looking to build a baby brother for my cebrerus. I'll wait to see what kind of panel options are available. I'll check out panel options as they become available.

Reactions: Lunesta

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
Thanks for the photo! Great looking case! @wsgroves it wasn't about price, but more so about esthetics ... too bad about the top panel having a large vent cutout instead of a uniform look ... I was looking to build a baby brother for my cebrerus. I'll wait to see what kind of panel options are available. I'll check out panel options as they become available.
The top panel is vented by necessity, as the entire point of the SM series cases is vertical airflow. If the top panel weren't vented these cases would likely not have good thermal performance.

Reactions: Sahaj and Talyrius

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
@thewave1408 Sorry, I wasn't talking about not having vents in the top panel. I was talking about not having a "large" cutout in the panel - but instead having a bunch of cutouts in the panel itself (be it round, or elongated). Sort of like what the vented side panels look like - there is no "large" cutout there - but a bunch of "little ones" ... imo it would look cleaner and more uniform.

iksretep

Trash Compacter
Oct 21, 2016
@performancecomputer thanks for taking the time with it. I have a bunch of questions. I can't help but notice the bulge on the side panel ? what is causing it? Custom length cables are almost a must, no? Do you think there is room for two of the 92mm coolers? I'm also interested to see your test numbers for noise levels, temps, and power draw idle/load ... do you happen to have the vented side panel to compare that vs the windowed?

performancecomputer

Chassis Packer
Jun 19, 2019
www.performance-computer.com
@performancecomputer thanks for taking the time with it. I have a bunch of questions. I can't help but notice the bulge on the side panel ? what is causing it? Custom length cables are almost a must, no? Do you think there is room for two of the 92mm coolers? I'm also interested to see your test numbers for noise levels, temps, and power draw idle/load ... do you happen to have the vented side panel to compare that vs the windowed?

In our case, it was the 645LT AIO tubes. They are difficult to route to say the least...

If you are using a 120mm fan under the motherboard, then yes custom length cables would probably be necessary.

I don't see how two AIOs would fit but some builders may be able to create a solution to accomplish this.

Test numbers will be out in the next week or two.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Any chance of a component list from that photo? Would be nice to know what fits comfortably, as I'm trying to plan my way through this one!

280mm Thermaltake AIO with 2x 140mm fans
3-slot MSI 2070 RTX GAMING GPU
SF600 SFX PSU
STRIX Z370 motherboard with an i5-9600K
2x 140mm fans in the bottom

Updated the dimensions for the case to final dims:

SM570 (240mm AIO, 2 Slot GPU)
13.9L @ 357mm x 135mm x 287mm

SM580 (280mm AIO, 3 Slot GPU)
15.9L @ 357mm x 155mm x 287mm

Last edited:

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
280mm Thermaltake AIO with 2x 140mm fans
3-slot MSI 2070 RTX GAMING GPU
SF600 SFX PSU
STRIX Z370 motherboard with an i5-9600K
2x 140mm fans in the bottom

Updated the dimensions for the case to final dims:

SM570 (240mm AIO, 2 Slot GPU)
13.9L @ 357mm x 135mm x 287mm

SM580 (280mm AIO, 3 Slot GPU)
15.9L @ 357mm x 155mm x 287mm

Good lower dimensions than start... Awesome!!!

@KSliger When do you think you can put it on sale?

Last edited:

skanRkd

What's an ITX?
Jun 21, 2019
Thanks for the photo update. I really like the concept of SM580.

However, I do see few flaws with this case.

Since the bottom feet are not tall enough, bottom intake will choke.

Second of all, supporting up to 3 slot cards are really appreciated, but the heat of non reference cards will heavily effect on top mounted radiators.

Even with ATX size compact middle tower cases such as fractal's define or meshify c series with rear exhaust fan installed,

heat of the non reference cards heavily effect on the top mounted radiator's liquid temp to increase.

For this case, it will be worse.

If you guys are making only 1 kind of case for SM series, my feedback would be too much.

However, you guys are making several variants of cases and since this is the biggest brother, than these flaws should be improved.

At least this is not a somewhat 100 usd around case.

Reactions: renecop545

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@skanRkd I absolutely have not looked at the feet difference between the pictured 580 and my 550/60. If they are the same, the feet are no problem at all and are not starving my case for air.
Maybe the 580 has smaller feet, I don't know but if they are the same, it wont be a problem.
I have also said many times that I don't know about a radiator up top as it will be getting a sheet load of heat from a non-blower gpu like you have suggested.
I had the same issue in my inwin A1.
I guess it kind of is what it is. A lot of radiators up top in most cases.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Can you take a picture showing the scale of the 580? Like set next to a monitor or to a common object?

Give me till mid next week, do you have anything specific? I was thinking a Pepsi can so I can start Pepsi > Coke war in the thread.

Thanks for the photo update. I really like the concept of SM580.

However, I do see few flaws with this case.

Since the bottom feet are not tall enough, bottom intake will choke.

Second of all, supporting up to 3 slot cards are really appreciated, but the heat of non reference cards will heavily effect on top mounted radiators.

Even with ATX size compact middle tower cases such as fractal's define or meshify c series with rear exhaust fan installed,

heat of the non reference cards heavily effect on the top mounted radiator's liquid temp to increase.

For this case, it will be worse.

If you guys are making only 1 kind of case for SM series, my feedback would be too much.

However, you guys are making several variants of cases and since this is the biggest brother, than these flaws should be improved.

At least this is not a somewhat 100 usd around case.

We will offer it with the chrome feet from the Cerberus case as an option, gives an extra ~1/4" of height for air intake. There will also be vented side panels in same style as SM550/560, so it would be possible to set the bottom and top fans both to exhaust for equivalent to open air temperatures. It will also be possible to do a custom loop with 2x 280mm radiators in this case using only 2 fans - excited to see what people do with that.

You feedback is not too much, appreciate all comments as it helps make sure I think of everything and lets me improve future batches and new products.

Good lower dimensions than start... Awesome!!!

@KSliger When do you think you can put it on sale?

Pre-order by Friday next week, will start shipping by 7/5 ~ 7/8 to match up with new Ryzen builds.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Not to derail thread but an update for a few of my friends about the lockups. Replaced gpu and still doing it. Only thing left is case, fans and psu.

Reactions: Sahaj

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I dont have a spare sff psu. I just swapped the case fans and wiring so we will see. All that is left if its still an issue is the psu and case.
If it keeps happening, I will grab another sf750. Not a good time though as I have another Norbauer case coming early this week haha.

edit. Sigh. It just did it again. Guess i'll order another psu.

Last edited: