Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Mango

Trash Compacter
Apr 10, 2016
Are high static pressure fans still recommended for bottom exhaust if going with vented side panels? There's not much clearance under the case but I don't know if that's considered "pressure" or too restrictive for silent high CFM low pressure fans like Arctic F12 PWM.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Question - is there room to fit this pump/res combo in the SM580? If so, where? I know in @KSliger's diagram with measurements before, there was a place to put it up near the top but I can't visualize how it fits there.

It should fit on the back of the front of the case, just above the GPU and next to the PSU. I have a 3D model of it in the case there. Could also mount it on the outside rear of the case.

Here's an updated pic of my rig:

I had purchased an extra front panel and decided to give some painting a go. Thought it looked neat :).

Should I just sell unpainted panel sets as an option?

Are high static pressure fans still recommended for bottom exhaust if going with vented side panels? There's not much clearance under the case but I don't know if that's considered "pressure" or too restrictive for silent high CFM low pressure fans like Arctic F12 PWM.

I would think higher static pressure fans would perform better at lower RPMs for exhaust mode with vented panels. But any fan should work fine.

TheHawk1337

Efficiency Noob
Jul 23, 2018
Any news on the EU reseller? Planning on ordering this week, would be a bummer to find out a EU reseller is available next week :)

Besides that, any idea when the SM580 will be available? I prefer the 580 over the 560

Reactions: iManu3 and Alur

wykydtronik

Trash Compacter
Jun 26, 2018
It does not. There's barely enough room for full depth fans (25mm)

I am really curious as to how much space is between the riser and the fans. Also the clearance between the motherboard and the fans.

Although it would be nice to fit the fans inside the case; what I'm getting at is the possibility of mounting the fans externally in a push config.

Imagine this: 240mm AIO rad mounted inside (27mm thickness) and 2 x 120mm slim fans externally mounted in push config (12mm). Boom, AIO in the SM550. Custom loop, we could run a 20.5mm thick rad.

It seems like there is a slim chance this might work... ?

@payo36 thanks for posting those pics btw

Last edited:

crag

Chassis Packer
Apr 19, 2019
With Ryzen thermal info coming out and the chip I plan on running only being 65W I decided to skip watercooling for now and just went with the SM550. Can't wait to get it in, even if the rest of the parts for my build won't be here for another month+ :D :D

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
With Ryzen thermal info coming out and the chip I plan on running only being 65W I decided to skip watercooling for now and just went with the SM550. Can't wait to get it in, even if the rest of the parts for my build won't be here for another month+ :D :D
which ryzen are you planning to cool and with which cooler??