Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I am sure it is just my bad luck. Your board will probably be fine! No idea how two got posted. I cant delete the second one either.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger - any chance you'll make vector files available for the SM550's acrylic window for those of us looking to customize? I saw you posted a technical drawing a few pages back, but I'm not familiar with the measurement method being used (seems kinda like ordinate, but not quite - forgive my ignorance). Would really appreciate a vector file (.eps/.ai/etc.), or direction to further information of the measurement method of the drawing.

Would .DXF work? I do not have Illustrator or Draw to be able to export as anything else.

Appreciate the detail you early adopters are bringing to the thread. Still pondering the best choice for a semi-passive build... I wonder how the Cryorig C7G (upcoming graphene variant) would look and perform without its fan? Hrmm.

Oh, and @KSliger, I know you're probably still hard at work on the 570 and 580... But any updated thoughts on the handle top? :)

Handle top is probably late May at this point, trying to get a few more case designs done before I work on a handle. Want to make the handle work for all of them and design it for minimal machining cost. Currently the handles for Cerberus are a little over $20 our cost for just the machining, want to get that down so we can sell handles for ~$20 rather than $30/$35.

@KSliger Any chance you can do thermal testing with a blower-style GPU, like a Pascal Founder's Edition card? I'm wondering if the intake on the blower will have sufficient clearance to get enough air, and whether the negative pressure created by one would mess with the upward airflow too much.

I unfortunately do not have a blower card aside from an EVGA Hybrid. Hopefully more people can test it, and once the PCPartPicker page is up that might help a lot as well for collecting builds / user tests.

@KSliger Any news about the 570/580???? I am thinking at these to replace the DA2!

Finished up the interior on them last night, waiting on 3D models from EKWB to confirm fit on these two cases, and will do a post for feedback / changes on here and Reddit.

I am sure it is just my bad luck. Your board will probably be fine!
This is with the l9i:

Much better with a power button!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
So planning my loop here - although still unsure if I'll get SM570 or SM580.

Reckon with the EK MLC Phoenix 240 radiator core + 120mm SE radiator in the bottom with ZMT matte black tubing all round for a clean soft tubed build.

Will probably upgrade GPU to an RTX 2080 down the line too and add it into the loop, but I can't see any reason why a 240mm Phoenix in the top and 1 x 120mm EK SE radiator in the bottom will be an issue with a reference length GPU (270mm).
If I were to use a longer GPU I think the fittings on the rad would interfere, but I'm not sure if mounting a bottom 120mm radiator will interfere with the case feet - which looks like a possibility if trying to use 1 case fan in the bottom next to the radiator.

I'll probably start with a CPU only loop and do more measurements and work out if it's actually necessary to add in another 120mm radiator.

Still undecided if I want 140mm fans and triple slot GPU support...

Will the price difference between the SM570 and 580 be the same $10 between the 550 and 560?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

How are your temps on the L9i?

So planning my loop here - although still unsure if I'll get SM570 or SM580.

Reckon with the EK MLC Phoenix 240 radiator core + 120mm SE radiator in the bottom with ZMT matte black tubing all round for a clean soft tubed build.

Will probably upgrade GPU to an RTX 2080 down the line too and add it into the loop, but I can't see any reason why a 240mm Phoenix in the top and 1 x 120mm EK SE radiator in the bottom will be an issue with a reference length GPU (270mm).
If I were to use a longer GPU I think the fittings on the rad would interfere, but I'm not sure if mounting a bottom 120mm radiator will interfere with the case feet - which looks like a possibility if trying to use 1 case fan in the bottom next to the radiator.

I'll probably start with a CPU only loop and do more measurements and work out if it's actually necessary to add in another 120mm radiator.

Still undecided if I want 140mm fans and triple slot GPU support...

Will the price difference between the SM570 and 580 be the same $10 between the 550 and 560?

In the bottom of the 580 you have a space of 149mm x 152mm x 49mm (W x D x H) to fit a radiator - not sure if this will work out?

Based on it being basically the 560 with two more fans I am thinking air cooler GPU will be fine.

Not sure yet, might be a $15 or $20 difference on this one.

Reactions: Bioforce

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@KSliger didnt have a chance to test. MB died. It was loud though. I dont know if it was because I added the Arctic fan that didnt leave much space to intake or what. Very happy with BS3. Played Metro for 2 hours and max cpu was 69@ 4.0 ghz on 2700x. At 80% power target the Ti stays at 80 max with about 1650 sustained clocks. Not done yet.

jkiejr

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2018
So i got the case today and crammed everything in. very nice case, way smaller than the one i was using.
the only thing i noticed, is that the screws for the psu cord extension backplate were a little short, barely grabbed. swapped them out with some i think m2 screws maybe m3.
other than that, had to tighten the ball studs and was very thankful for all the tie down holes.

Reactions: Shinken1 and Sahaj

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
In the bottom of the 580 you have a space of 149mm x 152mm x 49mm (W x D x H) to fit a radiator - not sure if this will work out?
I hadn't even thought of putting a Radiator in the bottom. If there's 49mm of clearance, you can get a 28mm rad and a 15mm fan in there no problem, 6mm to spare even! :)

Is that in the front of the chassis or the back? I notice the holes on the SM560 pictures wouldn't line up with the space under the video card, so it would have to have screw holes aligned to fit a thin radiator + fan there.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I am terrible. Patience does not exist in me when it comes to waiting on pc stuff in the mail. I'm like a kid waiting for xmas day lol.
I almost always get things shipped overnight, unless it's just a ridiculous shipping cost.
Very anxious to test the 560 with the Strix fans back on to see if I can get things more silent and not have to run case fans at max.

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
How are your temps on the L9i?

Based on it being basically the 560 with two more fans I am thinking air cooler GPU will be fine.

Not sure yet, might be a $15 or $20 difference on this one.

Damn, I thought there was going to be room for two 240/280mm radiators in the 570/580s. Or am I still a bonehead here?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Damn, I thought there was going to be room for two 240/280mm radiators in the 570/580s. Or am I still a bonehead here?

No, only ever was going to be in the top. If you need to 240s you're going to need something like a Ghost with two large hats.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Have shipments begun for the 560?

Was wondering this also. Expected to see a trk# when I woke up this morning haha.

Thirding for this :p The fans and heatsinks are sitting on my desk looking so lonely

Apologies on no update on this, having problems with the packing box coming unglued/ripping at the seams/corners.

Replacement boxes were supposed to arrive yesterday but did not, they will be here today as the local warehouse confirmed they got them in this morning.

Unfortunately will not be a 2x240mm in this product line, there is the 360mm SV590 if that is more in the thermal budget you're looking for?

If you can export as .DXF autocad 2007 compatible it would work. THANKS!

Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you!

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
Anxiously awaiting 580 sales going live. I’m definitely in for a black one. Will likely have a Zen 2 setup eventually but I won’t be able to wait until mid year for the first build.

Reactions: KSliger

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Zen2 should be amazing for the sff market I would assume. Hopefully higher speeds with Ryzen, and even less wattage required. I simply run mine at 4ghz but looking fwd to more speed at the same 1.2v or lower.