Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Anxiously awaiting 580 sales going live. I’m definitely in for a black one. Will likely have a Zen 2 setup eventually but I won’t be able to wait until mid year for the first build.
I'm definitely holding out. Rumor is AMD is launching them in May after an announcement at Computex. Barely a month to go. The SM580 is coming out just in time. Very excited ^_^

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Well I definitely don't have 3 different computers on the horizon >_>

Right now I have a 2400G and GTX 970 sitting in an Ncase. That hardware is temporarily going into the SM560 for heatsink and fan testing.

Once Ryzen 3 and Navi drop, I'll be putting the all-new hardware into the SM560 and moving the 2400G/970 back into the NCase as a backup/guest computer.

Then once the Ryzen 3 APUs drop, I have a Inwin BQ656T that will be mounted on the back of my 1080p 144Hz freesync monitor for a "portable" gaming rig for when I go on work trips.

I definitely don't have any problems with computer hardware, nope.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I definitely don't have any problems with computer hardware, nope.

Oh man, don't get me started. I've got 6 rigs at the moment, although 3 are ancient nehelim i7/xeons reclaimed from university surplus to run physics sims, one is my main 4790k ATX rig and the last 2 are SFF for couch gaming/htpcs. I figure with zen 2, I'll have to get at least 2 more... no problems here, no siree.

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
@KSliger I'm still excited about it the 580; still not sure if I wanna drag my 2080ti and 9900K into it... But like @wsgroves Zen 2 should be pretty great. Looking forward to finalized specs on and it seeing them everyone's hands.

When will we see the reviewers with the 550/560's?

Reactions: wsgroves

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Oh man, don't get me started. I've got 6 rigs at the moment, although 3 are ancient nehelim i7/xeons reclaimed from university surplus to run physics sims, one is my main 4790k ATX rig and the last 2 are SFF for couch gaming/htpcs. I figure with zen 2, I'll have to get at least 2 more... no problems here, no siree.

One of the secondary reasons I'm so excited for Ryzen 3 is that it's going to flood the market with used and cheap 1st Gen ryzens that will work PERFECTLY for a homelab, for much less money than even used Intel server parts. I had to sell off my 13U homelab last year, and I'm ready to get one back up and running!

In other news, my SM560 just shipped!!! Estimated to arrive next Monday :D

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger I'm still excited about it the 580; still not sure if I wanna drag my 2080ti and 9900K into it... But like @wsgroves Zen 2 should be pretty great. Looking forward to finalized specs on and it seeing them everyone's hands.

When will we see the reviewers with the 550/560's?

580 I am trying to get a moment to make a post for feedback here.

550/560 give it a few weeks at least, have not even shipped their units to them.

ALSO

Most of you should see SM560 tracking, we are still processing some! Please check your spam folder for an email titled "Your order: 15XXXXXXXX"

Reactions: LegendsofMace

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
None for me yet. Max I get offered is 3 day shipping so hopefully, if it ships by tomorrow, will arrive Saturday at the latest. That is if its usps.
@KSliger please make sure im still on this list. I emailed like first day 560 was available and changed a extra 550 to 560 and paid the difference.
Please make sure im still on the 560 list heh.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
---- MATTE RED IS BEING DISCONTINUED ----

Will leave it on site until it is sold out, have about a dozen sets of red panels left.

White / Grey / Black will be staying, and we will be adding a "Custom" color on checkout.

If you would like a Red case in the future it will be available via the custom color checkout.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Well I'm glad I ordered my red already! Are they just not selling well enough to keep in stock or is there a different issue?

They sell fine and might be back in a limited quantity, but we had some problems with a box of it expiring despite being ~3 months old.
You won't see any quality problems, bad panels are scrapped.

Black / White / Grey we use on other high volume production projects and boxes never are in the box for more than a few days, so they can't have this same problem.

Will likely start doing limited color runs along with the custom option.

Reactions: JaPeMo

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Any feedback on the SM580 before we make the prototype next week is appreciated!

Will be drawing up the SM570 right after we finalize the 580 since the 570 is the same thing but 20cm narrower.

I'm thinking you meant 20mm narrower haha!

Looks great, an SFF case that would accommodate my 980ti lightning! It's hard to tell from picture 7, but if one were to drop in an SFX-L or SGX (120mm psu fan), would the PSU cabling still fit between the unit and the bottom fans?

I'm curious, how difficult would it be to keep the current sm580 width but drop down to 2-width on the GPU side (maybe call it a 575)? My thought was that you could increase the CPU cooler clearance from 55 to 70mm (BS3 w/fan and NH-12s compatible) and then leave the 140mm rad space for a water cooled GPU but allow an optional bracket (similar to cerberus) for a pair of SSDs.