Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@KSliger I don't feel like the 580 has the same design language as your other cases... and I think that's b/c of the front panel. It looks very NZXT-like, rather than a Sliger product. While it's still a good looking product, it just doesn't scream to me that you made it like your other cases do.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
You're gonna love what we're working on next ;)
My feedback goes as follows, you made what in private I asked for, so I will be purchasing one straight away from Spain, thank you sir.

If I had to be picky, just a bit narrower like they pointed out, BUT if its possible, otherwise, honestly, is damn good.

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Figured I would cross post for double coverage.

I love it, but I still selfishly love the idea of a 2x280mm radiator setups particularly because of my 2080Ti and 9900K; however I don't know if its something that would be for the masses... but the idea you have for potentially making the 580 for the dual 280's and the 570 setup for a single 240 maybe the way. Also, I like the handle setup, pretty damn cool thumbs up from me!

Could you fit a 30mm thick 280mm radiator bottom and use a single fan on it?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I'm thinking you meant 20mm narrower haha!

Looks great, an SFF case that would accommodate my 980ti lightning! It's hard to tell from picture 7, but if one were to drop in an SFX-L or SGX (120mm psu fan), would the PSU cabling still fit between the unit and the bottom fans?

I'm curious, how difficult would it be to keep the current sm580 width but drop down to 2-width on the GPU side (maybe call it a 575)? My thought was that you could increase the CPU cooler clearance from 55 to 70mm (BS3 w/fan and NH-12s compatible) and then leave the 140mm rad space for a water cooled GPU but allow an optional bracket (similar to cerberus) for a pair of SSDs.

It will be very tight, but SFX-L will fit. Recommend a fan guard though!

SM570 will be the two slot guy, but I have no plans to increase the CPU clearance though - size creep will keep me perpetually chasing a little bit bigger.

@KSliger I don't feel like the 580 has the same design language as your other cases... and I think that's b/c of the front panel. It looks very NZXT-like, rather than a Sliger product. While it's still a good looking product, it just doesn't scream to me that you made it like your other cases do.

Wanted to diversify the line up so it doesn't look like we only make 1 case in 6 sizes. With NZXT minimalism being all the rage right now this is probably a good thing for people looking to step into a smaller case than the H200i but like the minimalist but lightly gamer design.

My feedback goes as follows, you made what in private I asked for, so I will be purchasing one straight away from Spain, thank you sir.

If I had to be picky, just a bit narrower like they pointed out, BUT if its possible, otherwise, honestly, is damn good.

SM570 will be the slightly narrower version, I think the SM570 will be the better looking of the siblings - and thank you!

Figured I would cross post for double coverage.

I love it, but I still selfishly love the idea of a 2x280mm radiator setups particularly because of my 2080Ti and 9900K; however I don't know if its something that would be for the masses... but the idea you have for potentially making the 580 for the dual 280's and the 570 setup for a single 240 maybe the way. Also, I like the handle setup, pretty damn cool thumbs up from me!

Could you fit a 30mm thick 280mm radiator bottom and use a single fan on it?

You could fit a 15mm thick fan on it, would be really relying on the top 2x 140mm to pull air through the radiator though.

I'll look at what I can do here for a 2x 280mm case. I don't think this case will be it though as the bulk of the market is the AIO on CPU, air on GPU, and a small amount of 120mm AIO on both.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
It will be very tight, but SFX-L will fit. Recommend a fan guard though!

SM570 will be the two slot guy, but I have no plans to increase the CPU clearance though - size creep will keep me perpetually chasing a little bit bigger.

Wanted to diversify the line up so it doesn't look like we only make 1 case in 6 sizes. With NZXT minimalism being all the rage right now this is probably a good thing for people looking to step into a smaller case than the H200i but like the minimalist but lightly gamer design.

SM570 will be the slightly narrower version, I think the SM570 will be the better looking of the siblings - and thank you!

You could fit a 15mm thick fan on it, would be really relying on the top 2x 140mm to pull air through the radiator though.

I'll look at what I can do here for a 2x 280mm case. I don't think this case will be it though as the bulk of the market is the AIO on CPU, air on GPU, and a small amount of 120mm AIO on both.
Do we have renders of SM570? I am curious to see it =)

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

Fair enough! Again, I still think it's a good looking case, but I think the Cerberus angled front corners are just such a staple look for your cases... not to mention I REALLY like that look. :)

Do we have renders of SM570? I am curious to see it =)

This^.

Reactions: Sahaj

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019

Well that may not be the most ideal; I am still looking forward to however this project turns out. 570 or 580 will most certainly be my next build be it with my 2080Ti/9900K or something else.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
@KSliger, if you had a version of the SM560 that used the extra width for the motherboard side rather than the GPU side so that taller CPU coolers could be used... that would be a case I'd purchase. As long as I'm putting wishes out there, I'd love it if the vented side panels weren't so "vented" -- it's not much different than having a windowed side panel. I'd like the vented panels to vent while still hiding the internals somewhat.

P.S. I hate to hear that the red panels are going away. They are so striking with the black accented portions of the case.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
@KSliger
Cross posting this from reddit...
First question, referring to dimensions, the images show 330mm for GPU length, but what is radiator length allowed? There are large 280mm rads and also 240mm rads like the EK MLC Phoenix or the Alphacool Eisbaer that have slightly longer radiators to account for integrated pump/res combo.

Are there official dimensions for the maximum length and height of the radiator and fans? I see width is 150mm.

Second question - any word from your supplier if there will be PCIe 4.0 risers available at some point, or do the new signal integrity requirements completely eliminate that option? Could be a major downside to sandwich-style cases in the future.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I think layout wise the 580 is near perfect, 2 key things that I'd like to see:

1: follow the same design language as the 550/560 with the panel cut outs and more angled front panel - I think it gives it more brand synergy and makes it a better looking product instead of being quite as boxy as it is now.

2: I'm not sure how it is now, but allowing flexible bottom fan mounts to allow mounting of a 120mm radiator and 140mm fan would be great since the general cooling premise is 120mm per component +1 120mm radiator.

Neither of these are big concerns, I'm still going to buy the case regardless, but U think they would help.

Reactions: Nanook and Sahaj

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
It looks nice but I agree that it doesn't have the same feeling as the other ones in the series to me. Maybe because it is big.
I would also like to see one with water cooling, that also supports a 3 slot gpu, but is not so big. To me, the draw is the look and the size.
Would love to see something that is still small like the 550'ish but supports maybe a 120 rad as an alternative to the low profile cooler. Maybe the rad could sit where the cooler heat sink does with a cut out on the window or something. I don't know. No clear answer or solution. Defeats the purpose to put rad on top because it would be sucking in all the air from the hot gpu. Already had that issue in the InWin A1. The cooler would get all the hot air from the gpu.You can reverse the flow, but then the gpu gets the hot air from the cpu and becomes louder or lowers clock speeds.

Paradoxal Owls

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 12, 2019
Personal Preference
I would like the 570 clearance for a 240 aio
I would like to option to cool the cpu with an aio rather than a sff cooler.
Rather than watercooling a gpu.
Reason being gpu manufacturers are incorporating better and better air cooling solutions resulting in something like a strix card.
I am saying 570 size stay same
reduce cpu clearance for general cpu block clearance
Use the additional space for 2.5 , 2.75 gpu clearance

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
It looks nice but I agree that it doesn't have the same feeling as the other ones in the series to me. Maybe because it is big.
I would also like to see one with water cooling, that also supports a 3 slot gpu, but is not so big. To me, the draw is the look and the size.
Would love to see something that is still small like the 550'ish but supports maybe a 120 rad as an alternative to the low profile cooler. Maybe the rad could sit where the cooler heat sink does with a cut out on the window or something. I don't know. No clear answer or solution. Defeats the purpose to put rad on top because it would be sucking in all the air from the hot gpu. Already had that issue in the InWin A1. The cooler would get all the hot air from the gpu.You can reverse the flow, but then the gpu gets the hot air from the cpu and becomes louder or lowers clock speeds.
Potentially by extending the bottom of the 550 slightly to allow for radiators with the bottom fans?
But I think people who are looking to watercool already have heaps of options in this bracket so the line-up here makes perfect sense.

The 570/580 set themselves apart with a much better airflow design and the ability to mount much thicker radiators and bigger GPU's.

The fact the case supports things like the Phoenix Radiator core is something that really appeals to me, as I can use far higher quality components like Vector and Velocity waterblocks and have a DDC pump.

This is the biggest draw to the 570/580 as it means you have really easy loop maintenance and better performance and no real component sacrifices.
Also means there is no need for modding or really difficult configurations.

Just hope the 580 looks like the 550/560

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
Any feedback on the SM580 before we make the prototype next week is appreciated!

Will be drawing up the SM570 right after we finalize the 580 since the 570 is the same thing but 20cm narrower.

Is there any room to move the power supply cable up so that taller cards can use the standard flush mount?

Talyrius

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2018
@KSligerAs long as I'm putting wishes out there, I'd love it if the vented side panels weren't so "vented" -- it's not much different than having a windowed side panel. I'd like the vented panels to vent while still hiding the internals somewhat.
Yes, those vented side panels are way too extreme, IMO. I'd go for the windowed panels if they weren't acrylic. I guess unvented is the only option left.

Again, I still think it's a good looking case, but I think the Cerberus angled front corners are just such a staple look for your cases... not to mention I REALLY like that look. :)
Me too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brude27 and Engr62

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Yes, those vented side panels are way too extreme, IMO. I'd go for the windowed panels if they weren't vinyl. I guess unvented is the only option left.

I think it would look great with the window being replaced with a panel that looked like the black vents that are on top (still having the red frame).

Last edited:
Reactions: Talyrius

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
SM580 will be changed to be 2x 280mm radiators, one on top and one on bottom. Will look at changing it to angled front edges like SM550/560.

SM570 will stay top AIO only, 240mm or 2x 120mm. Basically what is shown here but slightly narrower. SM570 will stay with the flat front.

New case, SV540 (will post in SV590 thread) will be changed to 65mm CPU coolers or 92mm AIO support, 2 slot GPUs, vertical layout, 2x slim 120mm or 92mm fans.

I think these 6 cases will cover just about every possible Mini-ITX setup that isn't better off with an M1.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
New case, SV540 (will post in SV590 thread) will be changed to 65mm CPU coolers or 92mm AIO support, 2 slot GPUs, vertical layout, 2x slim 120mm or 92mm fans.

I think these 6 cases will cover just about every possible Mini-ITX setup that isn't better off with an M1.

Oh man, so close! The NH-L12S is 70 mm.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018

SM560 will be arriving tonight... Let the benchmarking begin!

At the top is the hardware I currently have. AMD R5 2400G cooled by a Cryorig Cu C7 + Noctua NF-A9x14, and a EVGA GTX 970 SC+ GPU.

Below those are the heatsinks I'll be using for passive testing. From left to right we have: the Raijintek Morpheus, the Scythe Big Shruiken 3, the Phanteks PH-TC12LS, and the Raijintek Pallas 120.

And on the bottom row is the four twin sets of fans I'll be using. From left to right, we have: Noctua Chromax NF-F12, Noctua NF-A12x25, Corsair ML120, and Corsair SP120.

For initial testing of all heatsinks I'm going to be using the Noctua NF-A12x25 fans at the bottom, and I'll be using Arctic MX-4 thermal paste for the GPU and CPU. Once I've found the best CPU cooler, I'm going to be exchanging out the fans to see how each fan set performs.

I'm going to be writing this all up to be posted here, in its own topic on this forum, and over at reddit as well, probably in /r/SFFPC and /r/buildapc.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know. I'll be kicking this build off tonight once my kids go to sleep!