Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
It's interesting. Figuring out the mounting for the PSU as it doesn't look like the top comes off.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
To get the top off you need to take both side panel, and the front panel off. Then there will be 4x small screws, two on front next to power switch, and two on the back sides. Have to take those out to get the top off.

The top comes off both with the black part of the frame, and the colored aluminum top, plus the power switch.

Writing up a user manual / build guide right now!

Reactions: Sahaj

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@KSliger thanks I'll check it out. Heck I didn't think the front came off either lol. I'm bad at this kind of stuff because I'm always too delicate and I don't want to damage the case.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I see that haha. Hopefully I can get it assembled Sunday. All kinds of stuff to do tomorrow I have been told by the wife. Besides moving in that is.
The case is awesome so far though. Just beautiful. Exceeded expectations.

Reactions: KSliger

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Pretty easy and straight forward to read and install everything. How’s cable management with stock cables like Corsairs sf600?

Stock cables are fine, really not bad as there's room to tuck extra length up between the GPU and the PSU, and down between the first fan and front of the case. The 8 pin to the CPU is also able to be stuck between the fans and side of case. Comes out really clean.

Only aftermarket cable I would say is really worth it is the 24 pin. PSlate Customs is who I used, same cable as the Dan A4 and Ghost, plus he does solid work.

Although I doubt seasoned builders would have trouble with the SSD or front IO, a guide to that would help too. Also more pictures with close ups would be helpful too.

Good ideas, ill take care of those here next week. Also going to put more info on the PSU cable mounting. Have some typos and nonsense sentences I need to fix too.

roscoejp

Chassis Packer
Mar 28, 2019
Did I miss the part about ordering the hard-drive mounting caddy thing? It looks like you can mount 2 SSD stacked in the case but I didn't get any additional hardware to actually be able to do this.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Did I miss the part about ordering the hard-drive mounting caddy thing? It looks like you can mount 2 SSD stacked in the case but I didn't get any additional hardware to actually be able to do this.

It should be in the front of the case. If it's not someone missed putting it in, I'm sorry. Email us orders@sliger.com and we will ship you one on Monday!

Reactions: roscoejp and Sahaj

stefbraun

Efficiency Noob
Oct 3, 2018
Reactions: Nanook and Sahaj

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Really good job on the instructions. I'm hoping to get to work on it some tomorrow. Tonight is our first night back home in over 2 months.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I requested to cancel my preorder on another case to get this one :)
Just waiting for the 570 white to release. Which reminds me, am i able to safely remove the plastic window and replace it with tinted tempered glass and still use the white frame with it?

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
I got in the Big Shuriken 3 and Phanteks PH-TC12LS! Complete weights for heatsinks, fans, and fin gap measurements below.

The BS3 has a small aluminum shroud that would block some airflow to the fins, which is held on by four screws. Interestingly, two of these screws also hold on three free-floating (non-soldered or connected) fins which isn't something I've encountered before. The BS3 has no gap between the mounting mechanism and the beginning of the fins, though there are three different areas of fin height, varying between 32mm, 23mm, and 14mm above the RAM.

Total weight: 474g
Heatsink only weight: 361g
120x120x17mm fan weight: 98g
Aluminum shroud: 15g

Compared to the BS3, the PH-TC12LS is pretty simple. There is a small shroud but it covers very little of the side of the fins, and no funny free-floating fins here. The fins are uniform in height, with 13mm of space between the mounting mechanism and fin stack, which is 19mm thick. The fins themselves are not totally open on the sides, only having 9mm of open space on the side of the fins that would allow air to pass through from the bottom or top (as mounted).

Total weight: 490g
Heatsink only weight: 300g
120x120x25mm fan weight: 160g
Aluminum shroud (and screws): 30g

I think the BS3 is going to blow the PH-TC12LS out of the water, but it's still going to be curious to see how wide the gap is.

hwangmihee

Efficiency Noob
Mar 20, 2019
Shadow Rock LP does NOT work with the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX, it might with a slim fan but that would not cool it.

If you have this board you should look into something else, L9i is recommended.

Hello SLiger,

If I want to buy the Z390 Asrock, are there any coolers sans fan that will fit with that board properly? Or do I have to buy a heatsink that uses a fan such as the L9i you recommended or the Cryorig C7?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I have a Cryorig C7 coming from Ebay. Seems they are hard to get now. Still no progress on my build sadly.

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
Oh, something I forgot to ask, especially considering the window has a bezel, what are the dimensions of the window as I may want to build a snowblind window clone in this case. (580)

@KSliger

whatsacorrado

Case Bender
Apr 16, 2018
Very interested in how temps would be with the window/unvented panels and the 2080ti ftw3. Patiently waiting for some more thermal testing but I think I’ll be adding this next to my cerberus