Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
You gents are making me worried that blindly buying the Corsair Vengeance Pros is going to bite me... :) Going to have to choose wisely on the HSF, I guess!

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I’m just glad the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro and t force night Hawk RGB ram fit inside this case. Either way I’m going to water cool my build anyway.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
What kit do you have? Trident Z? I've got a kit that's about 37mm tall on the way, as well as a PALLAS 120. Curious to know how picky I need to be with the mobo, or if I'll need to grab a different cooler altogether.

Any chance we could get a number for RAM clearance?

I have the TridentZ RGB yes. The fit isnt even close. I dont have the capability to measure it exactly but the cooler isn't even making contact with the cpu yet in this picture. You cant flip it either as the heat pipes stick out just a little to much. you could maybe bend it but not worth it to me.
Looks like the Shuriken 3 is the only one I have found so far that will rotate w/o bothering the ram.

Here is a pic of the height difference.

This is what it looks like flipped: Hangs over the board.

Reactions: rjeftw

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I could remove it but from what I read, its a pita. My patience level may lead to a broken stick of ram heh. I think it would even hit Corsair LPX sticks. I have some of them I will test with.

We need to come up with a list of all coolers that can be mounted with vertical fins on AM4.

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
I could remove it but from what I read, its a pita. My patience level may lead to a broken stick of ram heh. I think it would even hit Corsair LPX sticks. I have some of them I will test with.

We need to come up with a list of all coolers that can be mounted with vertical fins on AM4.

Looks like even if your RAM was short enough, the overhang if you oriented the cooler that way would interfere with the PSU, wouldn't it?

Bummer.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
That is right. It hangs over much more when oriented in that particular direction and it may hit the psu.
It could end up being a moot point though as I have doubts that it would be as good at cooling as the Big Shuriken 3, which does fit.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
I'll be getting my Pallas 120 in today. I've currently only got one AMD board acting as my main computer, but I'll see if I can borrow my friend's dead X370 board to test cooler fitment across the BS3, Pallas 120 and PH-TC12LS.

Reactions: Sahaj and rjeftw

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
@KSliger In the 570/580 what is going to be the max vcard height? Only asking because of how obnoxious the 2080Ti FTW's Hydrocopper waterblock is 158.55mm tall. Might be sticking to air or getting another 2080Ti for it.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I'll be getting my Pallas 120 in today. I've currently only got one AMD board acting as my main computer, but I'll see if I can borrow my friend's dead X370 board to test cooler fitment across the BS3, Pallas 120 and PH-TC12LS.

AM4 boards are the only ones with potential problems due to the mounting system. There will be at least one orientation that would work for Intel boards I would imagine. Probably only applicable to ITX boards as well.
@KSliger If you mount Noctua NH-L9i With AM4 bracket and it's own fan into the s550, it wouldnt matter as much if the fins are horizontal instead of vertical due to the cooler not completely relying on the case fans only right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahaj

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger In the 570/580 what is going to be the max vcard height? Only asking because of how obnoxious the 2080Ti FTW's Hydrocopper waterblock is 158.55mm tall. Might be sticking to air or getting another 2080Ti for it.

Max height is ~220mm as it is an open plenum up to the the radiator/fans at top.

AM4 boards are the only ones with potential problems due to the mounting system. There will be at least one orientation that would work for Intel boards I would imagine. Probably only applicable to ITX boards as well.
@KSliger If you mount Noctua NH-L9i With AM4 bracket and it's own fan into the s550, it wouldnt matter as much if the fins are horizontal instead of vertical due to the cooler not completely relying on the case fans only right?

@rjeftw I don't know if this is the be-all-end-all list but it says this on the store page:
* Standard power cable restricts GPU height to 133mm (this prevents some oversized MSI and Zotac cards from being mounted)
** Pigtail power cable mount restricts GPU height to 145mm tall (this allows for taller MSI Gaming and Zotac GPUs)

With a fan on the heat sink the orientation doesn't matter a whole lot, might see a degree or two difference from rotating it.

Looks like even if your RAM was short enough, the overhang if you oriented the cooler that way would interfere with the PSU, wouldn't it?

Bummer.

That might just barely clear the PSU. I'll take the Pallas off the list though.

Reactions: Sahaj and rjeftw

madmaxx890

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2019
Looking nice! Any initial temps or performance numbers?

So far I've just let the Asus auto-tuner do it's thing which OC'd the 9600k to 4.7ghz and hit a max CPU temp of 88

When it's not running a benchmark, it's inaudible. The CPU fan sits around 1100 RPM on the L9i and the bottom fans idles around 400 RPM. I can't hear either of them with my head pressed against the panels

CPU and mobo temps are both hovering around 45 ºC at idle which feels a bit high but without being able to hear the fans as it is I'm not too worried about it.

I haven't tested GPU temps but the bottom fans blow right across it's heatsink fins so I imagine it will be pretty good?

It does everything as good as I hoped it would, it looks great, and it fits cleanly behind my monitor on my desk without making a sound. I couldn't be happier with it.