Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
Actually, I was just looking at the 580 renders and I saw there was space for additional fans.

I'm tempted to try to fit another radiator in there and maybe fit some slim fans on the bottom. If that's manageable, this is pretty much an ideal case for me.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Testing would be same results as a two slot card, bifurcated PCIe 8x8x does not adversely affect GPU performance.

I meant for thermals. If you have a 3 slot card in the back, the double riser will be blocking a good portion of airflow to the heatsink. I want the adaptability of the riser, though I may still end up using a 3 slot card with it so I just wonder if it has any cooling impact.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I meant for thermals. If you have a 3 slot card in the back, the double riser will be blocking a good portion of airflow to the heatsink. I want the adaptability of the riser, though I may still end up using a 3 slot card with it so I just wonder if it has any cooling impact.

Should be extremely minor, but will test anyhow!

Actually, I was just looking at the 580 renders and I saw there was space for additional fans.

I'm tempted to try to fit another radiator in there and maybe fit some slim fans on the bottom. If that's manageable, this is pretty much an ideal case for me.

580 is stretched a bit taller for 30.5mm of clearance in the bottom for fans, and with the front panel being blank, flat, and IO on sides or top - you can tip the whole case onto its front. A radiator on bottom is very possible with fans on outside.

Reactions: FAQBytes

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Unfortunately, the BS3 can only be mounted in one orientation and won't allow air through the fins. Maybe it'll be possible to modify the mounting system somehow but for now it won't work.

Use a Big Shuriken 2, mine is mounted so the fins are parallel to the ram so airflow should be good. It is one of the most effective coolers of it's size. It also mounts directly over the motherboard with no overhang.

Reactions: Shinken1

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Use a Big Shuriken 2, mine is mounted so the fins are parallel to the ram so airflow should be good. It is one of the most effective coolers of it's size. It also mounts directly over the motherboard with no overhang.

Yup, the Big Shuriken 2 is already on the list of possible passive coolers for these cases, but based on the numbers and the cooling dynamics of this set up, I don't think it'll perform as well as some of the other competition.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
These are looking fantastic! In for at least one. The 560 is really tempting for long term use compatibility while still remaining pretty small. As a Cerberus X owner I can fully vouch for @KSliger build quality, tremendous customer care and as we all know--community engagement. Totally worth the investment.

Ok-- enough fluffing. What can I say I'm a satisfied customer.

P.S: Everyone pre-ordering make sure we get some build logs/pics ASAP!

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
What would be the best cooler for the 560 if the semi passive route doesn’t pan out?

Edit: Happy the 560 is available for preorder. I’ll be getting one today (couldn’t resist).

Last edited:

rjeftw

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2019
Are you guys going to sell any side panels, in case you decide to change you mind on what panel you want?

Still very interested in the 570/580, one will surely be a preorder on my end; would be curious if anyone plans on putting a 9900K in the 550/560.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Are you guys going to sell any side panels, in case you decide to change you mind on what panel you want?

Still very interested in the 570/580, one will surely be a preorder on my end; would be curious if anyone plans on putting a 9900K in the 550/560.
They’re selling the panels under the parts tab for about $25.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Clearly as nice as these cases can be they're not intended to be for Europeans.
Case: 180
Shipping: 65
Totale: 245
VAT 22%: $ 298

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Westerners could say the same thing about basically every other boutique case lmao. I mean, I don't know what to tell you.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Really? so you mean 180$ shipped are the same as 298$ shipped?
I thought they were different. OR rather a Dan or Skyreach produced in China end up costing the same $ both in Eu and US.
Or am I confused, if so please enlighten me that I really need lots of light.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Interesting - so you're saying with the case laying down on its face, you could do two radiators, top and bottom? What about putting taller feet on it?

Also - regarding the EK MLC Phoenix, very happy you're testing it. My big worry is the tube lengths aren't customizable so you would end up with a lot of extra tubing inside with no where to put it. I hope someone actually tests that inside the case. Like with the Dan A4, the 92mm AIO was always "possible" but tube routing made it a nightmare.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Clearly as nice as these cases can be they're not intended to be for Europeans.
Case: 180
Shipping: 65
Totale: 245
VAT 22%: $ 298

That EU shipping cost tho, starting from 90$ o_O
(At least where I'm from)

Sliger said earlier in the thread he's partnering with a EU distributor within the next few months which should help shipping costs significantly.

DMAT

Cable Smoosher
Jan 26, 2019
What is the width of the GPU area of the 570 and 580 case. This is for water cooling pump and res.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
@KSliger you list the width of the SM570 as 11mm more than the SM550 but the same 55mm cooler height, I just wanted to make sure this was correct? Is the extra width on the GPU side?

Reactions: fabio

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Sliger said earlier in the thread he's partnering with a EU distributor within the next few months which should help shipping costs significantly.

I hope the effort will pay off as some of these cases are really very interesting and beautiful.
I build systems, mainly hackintosh for Professional, and I'm always looking for new cases to get them a premium feel for a decent price.
For an American to pay $ 200 is quite different than for an European paying Eu 265.
An average employee pays 35% to 50% taxes here. GST is at 22%. Some of the Euro countries are a lot poorer than the US.

Reactions: al007