Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger How realistic would it be to put a custom GPU+CPU water loop in the 580?

Very realistic, I am working with EKWB to make sure it fits their kits and standard parts out of the box.

I'm very interested in the SM550 or 570, but I really want more benchmarks to be done regarding the passive cooling by others in the forum with various heatsinks. The 6L increase from the 550 to the 570 is quite significant.

After the SM560 is posted we're going to do a bunch more benchmarks on cooling. People should also start getting SM550s and posting their own tests. Will be sending out review samples as well of both cases.

Really like this case design! Anyway, isn't top ventilation holes restrictive compared to the bottom one?

Yes, but is on purpose. This is also why case has the need for high static pressure fans. High static pressure in the case allows the GPU, CPU, and PSU fans to move air in tiny confined spaces rather than draw vacuums against side panels or other parts.

SM560 has more open area on top, both as a total and as a %, it might cool a little better on the GPU and CPU, but PSU may have to be turned with fan facing GPU for the 560 as it won't have that significant of static pressure to draw against. Don't think semi-passive mode will work in the 560.

Hope to have the SM560 page up Monday and get working on more tests / creating data to review!

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I will test that theory for high static pressure fans. I don’t have that but I do use Corsair ll120 rgb white (better than original) with 240mm aio white H100i platinum. I am choosing this over nouvolo Steck because I can use 4 fans instead of 3.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I will test that theory for high static pressure fans. I don’t have that but I do use Corsair ll120 rgb white (better than original) with 240mm aio white H100i platinum. I am choosing this over nouvolo Steck because I can use 4 fans instead of 3.

The LL120s I tested with originally were not very good at cooling the semi-passive mode, but were great at cooling the case with vented panels or when the GPU and CPU had their own fans. Excited to see your tests, we will link them from the product page.

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
Very realistic, I am working with EKWB to make sure it fits their kits and standard parts out of the box.

This is fantastic news. As much as I love the C4, waiting for well over a year now with no end in sight for the development hell has left me jaded.

Seeing how quickly this is moving to market excites me, not to mention it's 90% of what I wanted, making me very happy.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
This is fantastic news. As much as I love the C4, waiting for well over a year now with no end in sight for the development hell has left me jaded.

Seeing how quickly this is moving to market excites me, not to mention it's 90% of what I wanted, making me very happy.

I totally agree, first renders of the C4 were incredible but now it just seems to be spinning in circles. One thing I really like that @KSliger did was make 4 different versions which address nearly all anyone could look for in a itx build. You see so many of the case designers being constantly bombarded with requests for expansion, contraction or inclusion of damn near anything. Almost impossible to make a case that will please everyone, so why not make 4. ;)

DankBuck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 11, 2018
The SM580 is spec wise pretty impressive, also the design looks very unique. But I haven't seen any number on total volume for each case model and also not about material. What is planned here?

DankBuck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 11, 2018
I totally agree, first renders of the C4 were incredible but now it just seems to be spinning in circles. One thing I really like that @KSliger did was make 4 different versions which address nearly all anyone could look for in a itx build. You see so many of the case designers being constantly bombarded with requests for expansion, contraction or inclusion of damn near anything. Almost impossible to make a case that will please everyone, so why not make 4. ;)

I totaly agree on their opinions, the C4- SFX original design was good and in my opinion, Dan should have gone for different sizes for the C4- SFX (like Phanteks Shift and Shift X) instead of pleasing all at once. But I still believe that when the C4-SFX comes to the market, it will certainly by very pretty.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
The SM580 is spec wise pretty impressive, also the design looks very unique. But I haven't seen any number on total volume for each case model and also not about material. What is planned here?

SM550: 9.7L, 335mm x 139mm x 208mm

SM560: 11L, 335mm x 159mm x 208mm

SM570: 15.5L, 357mm x 150mm x 289mm (1x 240mm or 2x 120mm AIO + 330mm GPU)

SM580: 16.5L, 357mm x 160mm x 289mm

All are steel frame, with aluminum side panels.

Reactions: JaPeMo and Sahaj

DankBuck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 11, 2018
SM550: 9.7L, 335mm x 139mm x 208mm

SM560: 11L, 335mm x 159mm x 208mm

SM570: 15.5L, 357mm x 150mm x 289mm (1x 240mm or 2x 120mm AIO + 330mm GPU)

SM580: 16.5L, 357mm x 160mm x 289mm

All are steel frame, with aluminum side panels.

That is very amazing, looking forward for it being avaible on an EU reseller.

Reactions: JaPeMo and Woxys

Creeth

Case Bender
Mar 23, 2019
He expects they'll be taking preorders by the end of April.

Thanks. Just yesterday i was so close to buy an Ghost S1. Then i found accidentally a reddit post, this here looks better and has windows ^^. Plus, with the 580 there is space for a 3 slot GPU in the future.

Reactions: Bioforce

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think you mentioned you are, but please make sure you're testing the EK MLC Phoenix gear: the radiators are slightly longer than normal because they house the pump and reservoir.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So is that compatibility with the closed loop Phoenix expandable AIO's or something else?

I think you mentioned you are, but please make sure you're testing the EK MLC Phoenix gear: the radiators are slightly longer than normal because they house the pump and reservoir.

The 240mm Phoenix will fit in both 570 and 580, but the 280mm Phoenix will not work in the 580 - it's really long.

SM560 is up for pre-order! (shipping 4/3/19)
Will get some review samples out next week, but in mean time please post what type of testing you'd like to see!

Happy to do whatever.

www.sliger.com/products/cases/sm560/

Last edited:

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
The 240mm Phoenix will fit in both 570 and 580, but the 280mm Phoenix will not work in the 580 - it's really long.

SM560 is up for pre-order! (shipping 4/3/19)
Will get some review samples out next week, but in mean time please post what type of testing you'd like to see!

Happy to do whatever.

www.sliger.com/products/cases/sm560/

Super excited! But now I'm caught between getting solid or window side panels...I want them both so I can trade out D:

As far as testing goes, I'd like to see:

- Testing of passive CPU coolers, as many as possible from that list
- Performance impact for 3 slot GPUs when using the bifurcated riser that blocks some airflow
- A few different fans tested for non-vented configs (finding benefits for static pressure vs airflow)

Edit: Trying to add it to my cart, I get the following error:
"SM560 does not appear to be a valid category. Please login to your account manager and update your category list." Sad face.

Edit 2: Nevermind, it's fixed :)

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Super excited! But now I'm caught between getting solid or window side panels...I want them both so I can trade out D:

As far as testing goes, I'd like to see:

- Testing of passive CPU coolers, as many as possible from that list
- Performance impact for 3 slot GPUs when using the bifurcated riser that blocks some airflow
- A few different fans tested for non-vented configs (finding benefits for static pressure vs airflow)

Edit: Trying to add it to my cart, I get the following error:
"SM560 does not appear to be a valid category. Please login to your account manager and update your category list." Sad face.

1. Will see what passive coolers I can even get ahold of, and will test more of the fan coolers with solid and vented sides.

2. Testing would be same results as a two slot card, bifurcated PCIe 8x8x does not adversely affect GPU performance.
https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2488-pci-e-3-x8-vs-x16-performance-impact-on-gpus

3. Will gather some fans up to test!

Fixed the category issue, takes a few minutes to update. Thank you for catching that!

Do you know if the colors used by demcifilter will match the colors of your case? I'd like to get the red bordered filter, but not if it'll clash with the red case...

I did not know they made a red - I think it would clash with the red though. Theirs looks really bright glossy red, this cases red is more of a matte mid tone red.

Reactions: Sahaj and raulnorry