SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Jul 9, 2016
might sound too obvious but you need to make the bottom of the gpu bracket perfectly straight.
they tend to be bent slightly forward so the can not slip through their holder
(sorry, I have no idea about the appropriate naming :) those two tiny bridges (one per slot) to hold the bottom of the gpu bracket) made from the material of the chassis).

amalek.92

Cable Smoosher
Aug 14, 2020
Hi all! I want to do a brickless build of MINI with an RTX 2070. Should I use a fan to help cool off the GPU bay where the HDPLEX AC-DC adapter resides in? I'm thinking of getting a 120x15mm Noctua fan. Will it fit using a sky bracket or should I go with something even slimmer?

amalek.92

Cable Smoosher
Aug 14, 2020
Nevermind my earlier post. I contacted Josh, and he advised against it, because the fan won't fit AND you don't really need it. Maybe this info will be of use to somebody.

Reactions: D90

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
What sort of screws are used for the outer panels? I need some new ones as they strip pretty easily.
these are the official lian li screws that ship with the case. that listing has been out of stock for a long time now. i've used those little ssd screws for a long time without issue. i think they're m3x4 or m3x4.8. you can find them super cheap. just make sure to not get countersunk m3 screws from the hardware store or somewhere online, they won't sit flush.

Reactions: 10101001010101011

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Deleted my post as my remarks were appropriate for the Ncase M1, not the Skyreach 4 Mini. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
It will fit fine, in all dimensions.
Unless you want to go brickless. I find the EVGA 3060 TI more interesting. It comes directly with 2 fans and no modifications (unless you want also fans on the backside of the GPU) are needed when installing together with a HDPlex 400 AC-DC.

Reactions: kNUCkles

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Unless you want to go brickless. I find the EVGA 3060 TI more interesting. It comes directly with 2 fans and no modifications (unless you want also fans on the backside of the GPU) are needed when installing together with a HDPlex 400 AC-DC.

Sorry, my remarks were not appropriate for this case. I mistakenly thought this was an Ncase M1 thread so I've remove my comment above. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Reactions: Runamok81

Robotanv

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2020
If you're feeling adventurous, I fit a Zotac 3060 Ti Twin Edge into my brickless S4 Mini.

I posted about it in the builds section but also made a youtube build video which you might find handy.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
is there any effort to bring down the cost of the S4M or the HDplex400? I really want one for a portable build but the $400 case + psu cost is daunting..

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
is there any effort to bring down the cost of the S4M or the HDplex400? I really want one for a portable build but the $400 case + psu cost is daunting..

Howdy!

Unfortunately the Skyreach MINI's price isn't going to come down. However I am working on an open source case that can be used to functionally replace the MINI that you can get made by me or make yourself for far less.

The Skyreach MINI (and Skyreach TINY) is laser cut, and then each panel is mounted to a CNC and the edges are machined to perfection. The surface finish is also the most premium it can be and is much more expensive than regular paint. The panels are bent using tooling that was machined for the MINI to get the perfect mating on the radius bends. I prefer that my customers talk about the quality and surface finish rather than me, but there is not a way to further reduce the cost using these techniques at the production rate I have.

I sell a tiny, TINY fraction of the cases found in online retailers, less than 1/1000 for some of the brands you are familiar with each year. Since economy of scale is not on my side, and they are already expensive to make, I focus instead on making Skyreach products as quality as I can. I also try to use actual photographs and not renders of the product so people can see tolerances and surface finish of how it looks in real life:

I hope this helps! For more information on the open source case I am talking about, keep an eye out for the "O5L" on my YouTube channel.

I am aware that it is an eye-wateringly expensive case, and the power supply is also expensive. But it's not artificially expensive. So I'm trying to come up with other solutions for people who are on a budget.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
^ Thanks Josh. The case itself is worth it I think. It's premium work. It's just the extra's like the power button and cables that add up and a $200 case not including a power button and the HDPlex cost :(

Anyway I will buy a used one if I have to.

Last edited:

doot4runner

Caliper Novice
Jan 22, 2020
I recently completed a build in this case, but have a small issue. 3 of the 4 motherboard standoffs have come loose from where they were connected to the frame and now can slide around in the holes cut out for them. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how to get them to stay put? Its not a huge deal, I just don't like how the motherboard shifts up and down in the case.

Last edited: