SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Man it's kinda worrisome to see all these 400 HDplex units die especially since it's hard to get replacement units. Has anyone gotten an AXP-100 copper unit to fit with the fan under the heatsink?

Been checking the SFFlab website everyday to see if the Skyreach would come back in stock. On the bright side this one on ebay seems to be going up in price by the day.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Man it's kinda worrisome to see all these 400 HDplex units die especially since it's hard to get replacement units. Has anyone gotten an AXP-100 copper unit to fit with the fan under the heatsink?

Been checking the SFFlab website everyday to see if the Skyreach would come back in stock. On the bright side this one on ebay seems to be going up in price by the day.

I haven't heard of others having issues with their HDplex unit though, in my case it's most likely my own fault.
Not sure if it's hard to get a replacement, I ordered on Saturday, they showed as "In Stock" though I didn't get a confirmation or shipping details as of yet.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
I also ordered the HDplex combo when it came up for preorder, hopefully it will ship out soon.

Pre order? That was last year in February or March if I remember well, or did I miss something here?

After my build was ready last year I kinda lost track on the development of things and got back to work... although I'm still not happy with my build... cooling and fan noise is biggest issue... the noctua has an very anoying horn sound to it between 2200rpm and 2600rpm that I want to get rid of.

Reactions: Soul_Est

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
While waiting on a new AC-DC to arrive I'm powering my build with a 240w Dell brick, apparently that's not enough power to play the new MW battle royal, even on the lowest settings... as soon as I press play the brick shuts down!

rokabeka

network packet manipulator
Jul 9, 2016
as soon as I press play the brick shuts down!
there is an option in driver to limit the power consumption of the cards (you have nvidia at all?) I successfully ran a 1080 mini limited to 150w + a ryzen 1700 from a 240 brick.

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
Seems like the Skyreach mini is available for preorder on their website. Placed an order for a black one, unfortunately it looks like the silver isn't available but I just can't wait anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: LegendsofMace

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Seems like the Skyreach mini is available for preorder on their website. Placed an order for a black one, unfortunately it looks like the silver isn't available but I just can't wait anymore.
I have been waiting forever, thanks for this post!! I would have never known in time I don't think.

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
So, the Zotac 2070S Mini fits without modification. The shroud and backplate prevent it from dropping right in (pic 1). I managed by removing and reattaching the retaining bracket. Removing the front bezel would probably be less tricky.

Stock screws secured the retaining bracket without shaving it down on the insertion side, but just barely (pic 2). Brickless + unmodified is definitely a no-go with stock HDPlex cables (pic3).

Just bought the case and found your post here. Thinking about getting that same GPU. I'd like to go brickless as well with as little modification as possible. What kinds of cables did you end up getting for the HDPlex to get it all to fit?

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Hi there,

Quick question what is the size of the countersunk screws holding the external curved covers ?
6-32 or M3 ?

Last edited:

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Just wanted to say I built a brickless S4M with the PowerColor 5700 ITX. Pretty easy build in the end, but I had to solder snapped-in-half female atx terminals to wire and slide them onto the GPU's male pins individually and without a plastic connector. They're solidly in place because the PSU is right there, and I avoided having to remove the panel on the PSU. I'll have to post some pictures.

Reactions: thelaughingman

theMashine

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
just found this post, its very helpfull information!!!

i got my skyreach mini + hdplex400 + brick a few days ago.... also had no problems at all building it so far, super quality!!!
still need to get a gpu though, i dont game alot so i only will get a cheap gpu ,
i will wait until the new 3000 series come out then the older cards will get very cheap then...

also im still experimenting with the cpu coolers... i ordered a cryorig c7 and a cryorig xt140 fan i cant wait until to see how it compares to the intel stock coler LOL

BUT i have one question:
at the moment i have the c13 connector hanging outside of the back of the case...
looks like the revision i have only have a cut out for a c8 and one round cut out ....

i wanted to go with c13, but after googling and reading alot of posts i saw most ppl use c6, i defintly dont want to use c8 because the c8 grounding option doesnt seem logical for me...i ordered a c6 connector and will replace the c8 adapter.
my main concern are the cable of the connector... between the connector and the brick is almost no space the cable of the connector almost get bended 90degree...
is this ok? im a lil bit scared since its the main power input??? anybody managed to get the c13 on there???

Dave