SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
@Josh | NFC , is there anywhere a changelog to the revisions of the case? On the Shoppage it says Rev4 but i cant find any changelog either here nor on your site.

I don't update the SFFLAB website...I really don't know what revision 4 even means. Maybe its some sort of code for Dan and Joshua use.

There is only 1 production version of the S4M.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
@Josh | NFC Thank you for clearing the HDPLEX 400 problem out in your live-stream. If we look at it positively there is 95% chance that there is no issue... or 5% it isn't of course... still a bit reassuring! Thx

I got an update from Larry (HDPlex owner) about when the new revision will be in (since I had to return my rev 1.4):
"New 1.6 version will arrive in Germany next week.
The new self lock socket caused a week delay and I apologize for this"

So soon. I have no idea what the "new self lock socket" is though.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
I got an update from Larry (HDPlex owner) about when the new revision will be in (since I had to return my rev 1.4):
"New 1.6 version will arrive in Germany next week.
The new self lock socket caused a week delay and I apologize for this"

So soon. I have no idea what the "new self lock socket" is though.

Did you have problems with you're rev 1.4 unit shipped from Germany?

So far the only difference I spotted on the several Rev 1.4's out there are the number 100 printed on the coils, my unit has nothing printed on the coils they are just plain black, so not sure what 1.4 rev version mine is. Since mine is still unboxed, I'm not sure if I should send it back for a trade in or just take the risk and use it once I can start my build.

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
Did you have problems with you're rev 1.4 unit shipped from Germany?

So far the only difference I spotted on the several Rev 1.4's out there are the number 100 printed on the coils, my unit has nothing printed on the coils they are just plain black, so not sure what 1.4 rev version mine is. Since mine is still unboxed, I'm not sure if I should send it back for a trade in or just take the risk and use it once I can start my build.

I didn't have issues with reboots or such, but it had some coilwhine, loud enough for my girlfriend to notice when playing Sims but quiet enough for me not to notice when playing more actionpacked games, without listening for it. My unit was shipped from Germany (to Sweden).

I'd sit calm until you test it. Odds are on your side and most likely your unit is fine. If it isn't then deal with it then.

Reactions: LFO

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
I would vote on using your PSU and not worrying about it at all.

Larry bends over backwards to support his customers and if there is a problem down the road, then he will take care of it.

For now, lets support him in this stressful time and keep the emails to a minimum so he can focus on delivering a great product. :)

napptr

Chassis Packer
Mar 7, 2018
I would vote on using your PSU and not worrying about it at all.

Larry bends over backwards to support his customers and if there is a problem down the road, then he will take care of it.

For now, lets support him in this stressful time and keep the emails to a minimum so he can focus on delivering a great product. :)

I fully agree. Speaking of not bothering him, I was wondering if anyone knows when the new 200 watt unit will ship, as I am expecting one.

kevlar

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2017
Anyone have any experience with modifying their GPUs with an Accelero Mono Plus and how that fits in with a S4M? I currently have a GTX 1070 AERO ITX from MSI but I was curious of the benefits and if it was even possible to fit an after-market cooler on a GPU.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Anyone have any experience with modifying their GPUs with an Accelero Mono Plus and how that fits in with a S4M? I currently have a GTX 1070 AERO ITX from MSI but I was curious of the benefits and if it was even possible to fit an after-market cooler on a GPU.

It wouldn't fit because it'd increase the slot width of the GPU. S4 is only good for 2 slots.

Reactions: kevlar and br3nd0

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016

It wouldn't fit because it'd increase the slot width of the GPU. S4 is only good for 2 slots.

This, plus it's a cool enough mini card anyway without the need for an aftermarket cooler :)

kevlar

Average Stuffer
Jun 4, 2017
Yeah, I had no real intention to check it out but was just curious. Didn't realize it'd significantly increase its width. Thanks!

Reactions: br3nd0

rockwentzy

Cable Smoosher
Sep 5, 2018
Hello guys,

I have been a fan of the s4 mini for along time and just decided to build a pc in it for a friend. He wants an entry level pc so the cpu will be an amd ryzen 3 1200 while the gpu will be Radeon RX 550 2gb. I have done my research regarding this case but could not figure the power supply choice. I want an internal Ac-dc like the HDPLEX with the DC-DC combo. Will 160W be enough for this small build? Are there any alternatives for the HDPLEX since it is currently out of stock?

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
Hello guys,

I have been a fan of the s4 mini for along time and just decided to build a pc in it for a friend. He wants an entry level pc so the cpu will be an amd ryzen 3 1200 while the gpu will be Radeon RX 550 2gb. I have done my research regarding this case but could not figure the power supply choice. I want an internal Ac-dc like the HDPLEX with the DC-DC combo. Will 160W be enough for this small build? Are there any alternatives for the HDPLEX since it is currently out of stock?
Load will be pushing ~215w.

The 160w can handle 200w peaks, but constant draw at that wattage is not recommended.

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
@kulbida Just wanted to comment and say that the Ryzen 2200G APU preforms Pretty well when compared to a RX 550. Retails for $99 on Amazon. Can always upgrade to a better GPU later.

Reactions: kulbida

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Okay-

I'm looking for that breakdown of the S4M costs. If someone has it, that would be great!