Skyreach 4 Mini PSU confusion

Fluttex

Case Bender
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
Hi, basicly im new to SFF systems, but this amazing case has made me decide to get one, but i dont understand the PSU side of things

for a 1060 do i only need the HDPLEX 400w and the 330w dell laptop block?

and if i want a 2060 instead wold that still be good, or is there more options to consider?

cpu will be an i5, non-k sku

Fluttex

Case Bender
Original poster
Jan 9, 2019
and i assume im not wrong that the Zotac gtx 1060 6gb non mini will fit since its 21.1cm

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
Hi, basicly im new to SFF systems, but this amazing case has made me decide to get one, but i dont understand the PSU side of things

for a 1060 do i only need the HDPLEX 400w and the 330w dell laptop block?

and if i want a 2060 instead wold that still be good, or is there more options to consider?

cpu will be an i5, non-k sku

i have a 500W AC external brick, that can be used for a 2080Ti, 2080, 1080Ti, etc. if you're interested.

it includes a DC-DC unit also.

souleex

Case Bender
New User
Dec 10, 2018
An HDPlex 400 and a Dell or HP 330W AC-DC brick would be enough for a GTX 1060 and i5 non-k series, and as long as the GPU you're installing is less than 215mm it should fit the Skyreach. If you can, I would strongly suggest getting the Skywire cables - especially for the 24-pin motherboard power cable - to make cable management easier.

Additionally, if you can get mini versions of the GPU then I would opt for them over the regular sized versions because that will allow you to have more room for other components.

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
An HDPlex 400 and a Dell or HP 330W AC-DC brick would be enough for a GTX 1060 and i5 non-k series, and as long as the GPU you're installing is less than 215mm it should fit the Skyreach. If you can, I would strongly suggest getting the Skywire cables - especially for the 24-pin motherboard power cable - to make cable management easier.

Additionally, if you can get mini versions of the GPU then I would opt for them over the regular sized versions because that will allow you to have more room for other components.

Having some room behind the graphics card help a lot with cable routing as well.
For my 1060 6GB and Ryzen 1600 I use a 230W powerbrick from HP (we had some spares at work) and a HDPLEX 400W without any issues.

Reactions: baetisjoe