Sketchup Checkup?

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
I am trying to much around with Google Sketcup to vitrua-fit some components for a proposed build... could some of you more experienced gents take a look at my crappy Sketchup model and tell me where I am going to run into issues?

Sketchup Model Link: (19.9 MB!) https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0042zhsrp9fbv9/crunchy.skp?dl=0

I used items in the Sketchup 3D Warehouse for everything except the enclosure. I used the GTX Titan as a 'worst case' graphics card, not necessarily what I'd like to build - Ideally I'll be holding out for a mid-range Pascale card, but I wanted to see how big of a card I could fit in my scratch build 310*254*65mm~ case. For the top I would be cutting holes/using vents over the CPU cooler, GPU, and PSU - everything in the case is oriented so that it all vents up (I'd be happy friction fitting the PSU top into a hole in the case, for example). Flexible Shielded PCI-E riser for the graphics card. I'd use a power cord extender/re-locator and reroute the PSU power cord to the back, preferably under the GPU or something. CPU cooler would hopefully be a Noctua NH-L9i, but I couldn't find a model of that cooler to smoosh in there..

A lot of tight tolerances, but I think the cable runs should be pretty short between everything. Crushing feedback welcome!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Use the purge unused button in model info, will drop your file size a bit hopefully!

Reactions: Ceros_X

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Then purge used material :D. I tend to model light components now, as the one available have too many polygons and unneeded details (and the pins on cpu sockets, ram / PCIe slots). This is where all the file size goes.

Reactions: Ceros_X

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Mar 8, 2016
I am not too worried about file size, just component layout issues. I picked models where I could see ports and whatnot specifically so I could make sure I didn't have the modular power cables facing the case wall, etc lol.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
To me it looks like the PCIe brackets of the GPU are clipping the Audio block of the motherboard. That's a pretty big fitment issue.Or will you be cutting that off?

It also looks like you've put the board directly on the bottom panel. You need about 6mm of clearance between them, though. PEG connectors on the GPU are probably fine, how much space is between them and the wall of the PSU?