Smallest Mini - ITX Case Design

NCASE OR CUSTOM

• Total voters

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Welcome to the forum!

SketchUp is a good program to start off with, also take a look at the "Resources" section above, you'll find reference models and documents there. Also take a look at the other posts in this subforum.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Welcome to the forum!

SketchUp is a good program to start off with, also take a look at the "Resources" section above, you'll find reference models and documents there. Also take a look at the other posts in this subforum.
What should my final program be for the final render or sketch? Also, what about the screws.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome ! You can host pictures on an image host like IMGUR.com and copy-paste the "forum links" in a reply. Or if you just have the URL (http-yadda-yadda/image.jpg), you can use the Add Image button (landscape, next to the smiley) in the formatting bar when you type a new message or edit an existing one.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
What should my final program be for the final render or sketch? Also, what about the screws.

Depends on what you want to make the case from and whether you need bends or not, but to produce actual technical drawings, a good idea would be to use a volume-based CAD software. So Inventor, Solidworks, or FreeCAD. The last one of those is free, the first two are free for non-commercial use if you're a student and your university has a deal with the makers of that software.

What about the screws?

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Depends on what you want to make the case from and whether you need bends or not, but to produce actual technical drawings, a good idea would be to use a volume-based CAD software. So Inventor, Solidworks, or FreeCAD. The last one of those is free, the first two are free for non-commercial use if you're a student and your university has a deal with the makers of that software.

What about the screws?
How would I put threads in or would I?
First Pictures -

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Also on the motherboard template on this site, on the template, on the IO shield, what is the "keepout area".

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Also, what is the Keep out near the IO Shield area on the template on this website?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
You shouldn't have any bends, screws or other features within the keepout area.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
To add to that, those things shouldn't be in the keepout area so they don't prevent the IO shield from fitting correctly.