Smallest Mini - ITX Case Design

NCASE OR CUSTOM

• Total voters

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
There is no protocol translation or buffering involved, any latency will be entirely due to the increased length of the signal traces. For a 300mm length riser, the electrical latency will be on the order of 1 nanosecond.
That's a good point.

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Update - Back to 1U instead of SFX - L
Rectangle instead of Angled
7.8 Liters and supports 2 120mm fans.
275mmx210mmx135mm

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
OK, I'm back. I've been changing my design. I got my final base. SFX-L. I got water cooling in.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I was going to do Custom Water cooling but now I'm going for an AIO.
Edit - AIO is too big.

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
This is the final design with an ATX PSU and custom water cooling. It's 8.5 Liters. I am done with the design. Also, where can I get the fan designs and how should I mount the PSU and I will be importing this into SolidWorks. I am ordering it this weekend.

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
How should I put, and where should I for fan/PSU mounts?

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I hate to break it to you, but if what's in the pic is all you have, you're nowhere near "done with the design." What you have is barely more than a napkin sketch, and a company like Lian Li won't take you seriously (and honestly, unless you're potentially worth a $100k+ annual contract to them, they won't be interested). Designing a case properly can take months of research, work, fine tuning, and testing. It's also helpful to have a solid background in building PCs, as well as at least a rudimentary understanding of airflow and thermodynamics.

If all you have is rough ideas (which is what it looks like), you can take it to Protocase and their engineers will work out it for you (for a price). That's what their company specializes in. Don't expect it to be cheap though; the more engineering hours they have to spend on it, the more it will cost. Expect it to be several thousand USD if you go that route.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I hate to break it to you, but if what's in the pic is all you have, you're nowhere near "done with the design." What you have is barely more than a napkin sketch, and a company like Lian Li won't take you seriously (and honestly, unless you're potentially worth a $100k+ annual contract to them, they won't be interested). Designing a case properly can take months of research, work, fine tuning, and testing. It's also helpful to have a solid background in building PCs, as well as at least a rudimentary understanding of airflow and thermodynamics.

If all you have is rough ideas (which is what it looks like), you can take it to Protocase and their engineers will work out it for you (for a price). That's what their company specializes in. Don't expect it to be cheap though; the more engineering hours they have to spend on it, the more it will cost. Expect it to be several thousand USD if you go that route.
Oh no, I mean final basic design. I'm not even close.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Right, well, if you want some constructive feedback, I'd suggest posting some images that more clearly show your layout, along with a bit of description. Right now it looks to me like you've got basically a similar layout to the SG05/SG13, if I'm not mistaken, so you might look at those cases for some guidance.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Right, well, if you want some constructive feedback, I'd suggest posting some images that more clearly show your layout, along with a bit of description. Right now it looks to me like you've got basically a similar layout to the SG05/SG13, if I'm not mistaken, so you might look at those cases for some guidance.
Ok thanks, I'll look at those.

I just looked and the main difference is the height. That supports taller GPUs and CPU Coolers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElinaNguyen

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2016
i mean basic design like this

Last edited:

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Where would I find dimensions for a 3.5 Inch Hard Drive? I'm looking into a smaller design which would use a 3.5 Inch drive and a 4xM.2 to 4xSATA ports on a single 3.5-inch drive?

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Where would I find the HDPLEX mounting? I know the mounting between the holes from the diagram. Also, where would I find the PCI-E bracket dimension (the part where you put the thumbscrew in)?