GPU Silverstone ML08 - GPU Compatibly

Xorcist

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 24, 2021
Can someone with a ML08 give me a legitimate measurement for the maximum GPU height (i.e. thickness).
Reading over Silverstone's forums, I'm getting mixed messages., but seems like I will need a card that is 50mm or less.
Looks like an AMD 6800 Reference card would do the job, but finding one it nigh impossible.
Just trying to determine if 50mm is the real hard limit, or if there might be a little headroom around that, maybe 53mm?
Also if anyone has any suggestions for a compatible card that would be much appreciated (looking at current/last gen cards mostly).

Gotmachine

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2020
According to the ML08 manual, max thickness from the front of PCB to the side panel is 43mm :

The issue is that GPU specs almost never provide a thickness measurement from a known reference point (ie, the PCB), which make the thickness they give quite useless, as it all depends on the GPU backplate thickness.

This being said, as a rule of thumb, subtracting 5 mm to the GPU thickness as provided in the GPU specs should give you a decent estimate.

Or said the other way, for a GPU that has a backplate, the ML08 should accept 43 + ~5 mm GPUs, so ~48mm.