Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Just a heads up for longtime posters in the T1 thread; if you are counting your posts from the “Postings” section of your profile, there is a big gap missing from May 2019 to Feb 2020 (at least for me).

Had to count those manually page by page.

This is legit for those of you thinking to yourselves "I know I've posted more in that thread than that". I just went through every single page between those dates, and found a lot the search function missed.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I’ll likely do the same, because I think I’ll still have to use that QDC if I shorten the hoses. Less probability of leaks.

I’m still trying to decide what to replace them with. If possible, let me know how it goes when you get around to it.
OP says that shortening the stock tubing will work just fine. Which is what I will be doing at least for the time being.

But did you say the stock fittings are Nylon? or was that the fittings you linked before? It is actually kind of difficult to find good reviews of the LT240.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This is legit for those of you thinking to yourselves "I know I've posted more in that thread than that". I just went through every single page between those dates, and found a lot the search function missed.
I am not 'in' for this case but if I do, I definitely would search manually instead of relying on the search function.
Come on guys, it is only 120 pages+. Say, 5 seconds for a page and it will take only 10 minutes.
From reading the posts, it seems to me many are eager or very eager or desperate to get this case. Throwing in 10 minutes is really nothing when compared to how much you really want the case.
Start counting, guys!

Reactions: Bausa

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
OP says that shortening the stock tubing will work just fine. Which is what I will be doing at least for the time being.

But did you say the stock fittings are Nylon? or was that the fittings you linked before? It is actually kind of difficult to find good reviews of the LT240.

LT240 stock fittings are def not nylon, might be brass fittings painted black.

Reactions: PBJ, Wyd4 and SSJ4

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

Nylon was for the ones I linked. The fittings I linked are the ones Alphacool recommend for a TPV tubing I was looking at on their site (similar to EK ZMT).

I was just looking to maybe replace the LT240 hoses because I think I would still have to use the Quick Disconnect Coupling if I shorten them. I prefer not to.

Just to be clear though, as has been said before, the easiest way is to just shorten the tubes included with the LT240

Last edited:
Reactions: SSJ4

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Not really. Many factories have changed to manufacturing masks and people go about on their daily lives. I think more people died of flu tham corona

Considering @Wahaha360 has said in the past that he won't ship until everything has stabilized and he lives in HK, he knows best. From what I hear on the news, the government won't let factories open without taking precautions.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Not really. Many factories have changed to manufacturing masks and people go about on their daily lives. I think more people died of flu tham corona

Manufacturing is back for 1) backlog, 2) VIP customer.

We are neither, so they will not make anything for us in Feb.

Also, bigger problem is shipping, my warehouse staff is not working until March.

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
No matter the outcome of the coronavirus on the T1 supply chain, there many people who are willing to wait it out for the this case.

Safety, health and security of the working staff is paramount and a computer case can wait until everything can settle.

We all know that @Wahaha360 will do what is best for the facility and workers.

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
Speaking of WCing.

Will you create some documentation of recommended fittings and tubing for LT240 compatibility?

Also searching for LT240's pump block compatibility with Strix 570i. Googling hasnt turned up much info. But the x570 boards are pretty tight for clearances.
I have an X570-I Strix available to me, if you need any measurements.

Reactions: masklee and SSJ4

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
That would be good mate. I am sure its fine. But better to have some information before purchasing 2 expensive pieces of gear.

OP; You have stated that the HX-CU420V is a higher performer in your bench testing. But did you make the case compatible with the radiator? and any idea if its bigger brother the HX-CU720V will fit also? I am tossing up the idea of using the HX-CU720V instead of the LT240 rad. As you testing suggests the 30 FPI 120 is almost as good the 16FPI of the LT240. Having a 30FPI 240mm would be even better correct?

Apologies if this has been answered.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I assume you can’t fit the Noctua L12S on X570-I correct?

I met with ROG yesterday and told them to mod the Mobo I/O Shield / VRM for ext gen boards. Noctua knows too.

I spoke with Alphacool about the fittings hitting ROG ITX board VRM. Working on a custom loop kit for T1.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That would be good mate. I am sure its fine. But better to have some information before purchasing 2 expensive pieces of gear.

OP; You have stated that the HX-CU420V is a higher performer in your bench testing. But did you make the case compatible with the radiator? and any idea if its bigger brother the HX-CU720V will fit also? I am tossing up the idea of using the HX-CU720V instead of the LT240 rad. As you testing suggests the 30 FPI 120 is almost as good the 16FPI of the LT240. Having a 30FPI 240mm would be even better correct?

Apologies if this has been answered.

The only rad that fits with modifications is the one attached to the LT240. If you check the first post you will see the testing and results.

Reactions: SSJ4

OutlawOverclocker

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 11, 2020
I assume you can’t fit the Noctua L12S on X570-I correct?

I met with ROG yesterday and told them to mod the Mobo I/O Shield / VRM for ext gen boards. Noctua knows too.

I spoke with Alphacool about the fittings hitting ROG ITX board VRM. Working on a custom loop kit for T1.
With the ROG board using corsairs lp fittings help? I know everyone’s wanting to run a 240 but if you run a water cooled cooled setup with a lt120 push pull slim fans and a water block 2070 super mini you have space to run another rad or add more fans for cooling. I am just throwing out out there.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
With the ROG board using corsairs lp fittings help? I know everyone’s wanting to run a 240 but if you run a water cooled cooled setup with a lt120 push pull slim fans and a water block 2070 super mini you have space to run another rad or add more fans for cooling. I am just throwing out out there.

Who says you need to run a push/pull setup.

You can't run 2 rads in this case it's either a 120 or the lt240 modded which has been stated MANY times in this thread.

All the specs are in the first post along with the potential setups with an actual case.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
if i not mistaken xspc tx240 rad also fit.

Check Update 2019-06-14 and 2019-03-31 in the first post.

The test results are all there, it doesn't make much of a difference at the end of the day but the recommendation is a modified lt240 or a 120 aio

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Who says you need to run a push/pull setup.

You can't run 2 rads in this case it's either a 120 or the lt240 modded which has been stated MANY times in this thread.

All the specs are in the first post along with the potential setups with an actual case.
[/QUOTE

Sorry, I'm new to this thread. What mods are required to make am lt240 fit in the sidearmd t1?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Basically you need to rip out the existing hoses and replace them with shorter ones. There will be a hardline kit coming later this year