Show your new toys Topic

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
3,104
4,593
46
France
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
A Domino pi board with Ethernet and USB tiles for prototyping:

9b34ed9347847a04bbc19639e0364271_original-1.png


92b6b23fc6ee14d1a5a4963d4e8eb572_original-1.jpg


A Domino core board for the final product:

46374f7fb12146bde8a9a8cdcd6ccf9f_original.png


For more informations: http://blog.atmel.com/2015/04/14/domino-io-is-an-open-hardware-platform-for-the-iot/

Edit: Little game, try to guess what it'll be used for ? ~j0rd and confusis you aren't allowed to answer as you've been given some spoilers XD.
 
Last edited:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
818
1,359
Finally replaced after a long time w/out:


Thanks to the unique way Australia Post isnt managed this has taken much longer to arrive than it should have but its finally here


 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
I still have a batch left over when MDPC sold them, I have about 70 pins of both genders, so it will hold me over for a while. I wanted to have a stock of connectors so I don't have to order these in the next 5 years, considering shipping makes them a lot more expensive. Pins are easier to find in my experience, male-female plugs aren't.
 

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
3,104
4,593
46
France
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
They look really authentic, do they also feel the same as the original ?

Bought them from Spain with priority international shipping. I'll do a quick review once I have them in hand. I spent quite some time reading classic USB gamepad review and those ones looks like a great product. Unlike Tomee or retrolink, they don't use cheap plastic. The shape and size is the same than the original and buttons / D-pad are responsive with no missed diagonals, feeling is the same than the original (said the reviewers).
 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Excellent, I'll need to get these some day too ! I used to get mayor blisters on my thumbs while playing Killer Instinct on SNES. I no-lifed that game when one was considered to be mentally ill in that time :D
 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Today I received my CPU, RAM and case so I could make another PC, since I had a motherboard, PSU, cooling and storage laying around. This is the Xigmatek Nebula C:

pk4YTVV.png


Damn, I assumed it was smaller.

hGdYWf6.png


Looking at that layout, it's no wonder why it's so huge and still can't fit much.

But it was cheap, looks unique and light to handle. It also is not built with the most care and cooling seems like an afterthought. I totally bought this on a whim, not caring about efficiency.

And I've also gotten the Intel Pentium G3258 (the OC'ing one, yes) and 2x 4GB of DDR3 VLP Crucial memory. This joined the stuff I already had: AsRock Z87E-ITX, Noctua NH-L12 (with Scythe fan, Noctua fan is in main PC), 1TB HDD and an ST45SF-G (450W SFX PSU).

I'm going to see how far I can overclock the little bugger and after I find a stable one, run it as a game server on our small LAN parties.

Come on Kimera, bring out the Nova !
 

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
3,104
4,593
46
France
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I recently bought an Odroid-W, which uses the same SOC than the Raspberry Pi A+/B+. The differences are:
  • 2x 12 bits ADC connectors
  • RTC clock
  • LiPo battery header
  • Battery "fuel" gauge
  • eMMC connector
  • half the size of the Raspberry
Planning to use it to build a retrogaming handheld console.

2014-10-09-16-12-27.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: MJVR1 and Vittra

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
JD2Aa1c.png


Diablo 3 Expansion: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition. I picked it up cheap and my nephew wants to start playing D3 so I'll give him the key code and keep the goodies, since I already have that expansion in the lowly peasant edition.

AdDZ50n.png

Banana, no sorry, Xigmatek for size.

RjZglBz.png


Contents: artbook, soundtrack, game disc, making of, mouse pad