Show your new toys Topic

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I've had one of those exact coolers, the fans on mine weren't reliable at all. I think it's cheap bearings so be sure to monitor their speeds, or you could hear them when used in quiet environments.

Reactions: jØrd

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
J0rd is running FB-DIMMs, a tech pretty much reserved for Core2 era Xeons. Each dimm runs 8w or so - so 8 dimms = 64w of RAM! Memory bandwidth in quad channel is epic though. (for the era)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
While not a toy, literally and figuratively, this is still a passion and a hobby:

Five hot sauces ranging from "Mild" to "Xtra Hot" from Kankun. These seem promising because only one has vinegar (I hate it in sauces) and they are very basic ingredient-wise. So no colouring or additives. I've had a few from El Yucateco which were also fermented instead of vinegar-based, I loved them. Especially the Chipotle.

Reactions: Vittra

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
Agreed. Hate when the primary ingredient of a sauce, hot or otherwise is vinegar. Bleh. There goes the flavour.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I really like gigabyte consistently having an mITX version of a GPU where possible. Curious for the review! Do you have a regular R7 360 to test it against?

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I really like gigabyte consistently having an mITX version of a GPU where possible. Curious for the review! Do you have a regular R7 360 to test it against?
Unfortunately not. I would like to find a R7-260 to compare it to though- since that is the previous gen card.

To compare performance to stock clocks, I can underclock the card to 1050mhz.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
"WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED"
Then don't put a big honking white sticker on 3 of 8 black chips on a green PCB.
The top part has about 100mm x 4mm worth of "sticker space". This way people with mild sticker-OCD (like me) get to sleep at night.

confusis

SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I wish RAM manufacturers would default to using black silkscreen. Can't cost any more than green!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I agree, but that way they can't charge more for the "premium" sticks while keeping the costs the same.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice, I thought I saw these having a green PCB as well. Apparently also available in DDR4 in black, but only as a kit-of-4 at the moment and at 8GB per stick.