Show your new toys Topic

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I've heard plenty of good thing about Engineer's tools. That name is the least Google friendly brand name ever though.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Hakko 503 60W soldering iron. It's basic but a good needed replacement for my 15-year-old Radio Shack one and I could get working on custom battery packs and fixing the soldering spots that broke on my 1st gen HD-PLEX DC board.

tasen

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2020
My new SFF Hypervisor:

Shuttle XH410G Barebone with a Intel i9-10900T CPU (10 cores / 20 threads), 16GB Ram, Intel X520-T2 10GBe NIC (with new cooler and silent fan). Running ESXi 7.0 Hypervisor, with one local SSD at the moment for VMs.
I have planed to connect the hypervisor via 10GBe to my Truenas Server (also SFF 😄 ) for VM Storage.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
My new SFF Hypervisor:

Shuttle XH410G Barebone with a Intel i9-10900T CPU (10 cores / 20 threads), 16GB Ram, Intel X520-T2 10GBe NIC (with new cooler and silent fan). Running ESXi 7.0 Hypervisor, with one local SSD at the moment for VMs.
I have planed to connect the hypervisor via 10GBe to my Truenas Server (also SFF 😄 ) for VM Storage.

Very nice ! Is this passively cooled ? How're your temps ? I have the exact same CPU in my SFF workstation.

tasen

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2020
Very nice ! Is this passively cooled ? How're your temps ? I have the exact same CPU in my SFF workstation.
Thanks 🙂
No it's cooled with a heat pipe cooler and 2 x 60mm fans on the right side of the case. Very quiet at the moment but the X520 is generating a lot of heat.
Hmmm, i have no clue how to read the temps in ESXi since system has no IPMI capabilities 😶 Have to find a way to get the temps to the ESXi console.

Last edited:

nero626

Average Stuffer
Dec 8, 2016
took me almost a year of WFH to finally splurge on a good chair coz I can feel my back degrading by the minute
now that I look back I should've gotten it way earlier..

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
took me almost a year of WFH to finally splurge on a good chair coz I can feel my back degrading by the minute
now that I look back I should've gotten it way earlier..
nice splurge! I so want a Herman Miller Cosm but all Herman Miller where I live is at least double the US retail price 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: nero626

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
nice splurge! I so want a Herman Miller Cosm but all Herman Miller where I live is at least double the US retail price 😂 😂 😂

And Herman Miller's US pricing is already pretty nuts.

For WFH, I got one of the Cooler Master Ergo L chairs last summer. Overall a very good product...and coming from a 'gamer' company, you'd never guess it was from a gamin company and not an office supply store.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Oh, those Embody chairs (as well as anything Herman Miller really) look so nice. Way, way out of my budget though, and frankly I don't even know if you can get them in Sweden. After familiarizing myself with all the adjustments and dialing stuff in I'm very happy with the Autonomous Ergochair 2 I got a few months back, but it's definitely not perfect (the armrests are way too widely spaced, among other things). It'll no doubt keep me happy for quite a few years still. Hope the Embody treats you well though!

nero626

Average Stuffer
Dec 8, 2016
And Herman Miller's US pricing is already pretty nuts.

For WFH, I got one of the Cooler Master Ergo L chairs last summer. Overall a very good product...and coming from a 'gamer' company, you'd never guess it was from a gamin company and not an office supply store.
oh wow that was totally not what I expected from cooler master.. especially impressed by the tilting mechanism that's not found in most gaming chairs

I think I got a pretty goof deal on my embody for $900 brand new, while $900 isn't cheap by any means seeing many used ones go for $700+ make me confident that I can recoup most of the cost if I do decide to sell it later on.. I guess the counter argument is that I could be buying a cheap chair instead and putting the rest of the money in the market 🤣 but my back is probably the better investment in the long run

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I think I got a pretty goof deal on my embody for $900 brand new, while $900 isn't cheap by any means seeing many used ones go for $700+ make me confident that I can recoup most of the cost if I do decide to sell it later on

Great deal indeed, that same model goes for about 1400€ here.

I guess the counter argument is that I could be buying a cheap chair instead and putting the rest of the money in the market 🤣 but my back is probably the better investment in the long run

You have only one back, better take good care of it. I say that but I've been using a wooden chair for a year now lol.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
So after some time lurking second hand offers I found a pretty good deal on three Starfighters. Some conjugal negotiations were required and I finally pulled the trigger.

There is last weekend's haul, being two sets opened and already built, and the Yoda Starfighter, still sealed. I'm not an scalper nor a holder of legos. I just want to build, play and expose them by myself and with my kids, because that's what lego is about.

There is the complete Haul:

First one, the Yoda Starfighter

And final result

Then is the turn for Anakin's borrowed green Interceptor

Very nice minifigures and iconic scene

And finally the magnificient ARC 170

It's so beautiful!

If any other lego fan is roaming the neighborhood, their contribution will be very welcome (at least by me 😂)

Cheers!