Show your new toys Topic

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
EVGA carbon shroud looks so good! I got sent the wrong memory though. i ordered silver and white trident Z 3600 16-16-16-36 16gb and was sent the ugliest gold trident z royal rgb unicorn puke. oh well. on the hunt for ram again if this seller doesnt send me what i ordered.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
A question regarding my MX700: As with all ancient USB devices requiring more than a few milliamps, it has an external DC power brick. I absolutely hate power bricks (also, I don't have any free power sockets near my PC - that's what having a monitor, speakers, PC, printer, three consoles, ethernet switch and multi-device USB charger in one spot will do for you), so I'd like to get rid of it. It's rated at 5.8V 1A. As far as I can tell, it's used to power the charging pins in the mouse dock (the mouse uses AA batteries). My question: do you think it would tolerate a straight 5V input from an USB port if I found a suitable barrel jack and wired it myself? Or would I need some sort of boost converter in there?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Most USB chargers are rated at 5V, 1A, better ones at 2 or even 2.5A. No harm trying - dc input would just not work if the voltage is too low to its designed working range.

Usb to barrel jack cables are easily found these days, even sparkfun carries them.

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Ordered the keyboard switch sample pack from Zeal. I chose the 67g Zilents. going to be my first mechanical keyboard. always like the tactile feel but those Tealios and the helios linear switches are so legit. ordered some gmk gold stabilizers as well. went to order the 75% keyboard pcb but the model i was after is sold out. just my luck. oh well, STILL waiting for the 3900x restock.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Ordered the keyboard switch sample pack from Zeal. I chose the 67g Zilents. going to be my first mechanical keyboard. always like the tactile feel but those Tealios and the helios linear switches are so legit. ordered some gmk gold stabilizers as well. went to order the 75% keyboard pcb but the model i was after is sold out. just my luck. oh well, STILL waiting for the 3900x restock.

A few days ago I got a sampler pack containing Zilents 62 & 67 gr, Outemu Ice (dunno what version), Kailh box burnt orange, and Aliaz 70gr. The Zilents; I cannot help but feel that they are similar to membrane keyboard.

But perhaps it's just me. I'm more toward mimimum bump. So yeah I like gateron brown and kailh box burnt orange.

I also prefer silent ones, so at the moment my daily driver is a gateron silent brown. Aliaz has only sliiightly more bump than gsb so it's not worthy the price difference.

Reactions: Rmorrison

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Was having very intermittent freezes on my 2400G with LPX 3000 CL16 8GB sticks, so went all-in on the flare-x 3200 CL14 Ryzen friendly sticks, no feezes so far but too early to tell really could be Linux as pn kernel 5.0 an updates are frequent. Booted right into BIOS and went directly for XMP2 full advertised timing no issues.