Show your new toys Topic

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
My GPU block is probably going to be that asetek mount for the foreseeable future, always nice to see an actual block in use

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Sapphire RX570 4GB ITX, 3D Printer (Makerbot Replicator 2 clone)

Well, I'm going to try return the printer tomorrow. After 3 days of tweaking, cleaning and researching, I think it's, to use the technical term, b0rked. Z height is unreliable, leading to a 1mm thick print that should be 4mm high, the extruders leak, the feed mechanisms don't work 20% of the time. Keep in mind this was bought as a prebuilt ex-display model in working order. Ugh.

I may get a higher spec model to replace it with the refund, but we'll see. I may have just bought a pile of parts masquerading as a printer.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

I haven't owned a console since PS2 and after computer gaming swore I never would. All the console junkies I know convinced me I really need to play Red Dead Redemption 2 with them. Knowing Rockstar it will be another year before the PC port is released.

So found a Xbox One S at a local pawn shop for $170, not too bad this time of year. I decided since it has 4k Ultra HD Blu-Ray player that saves me from having to buy one of those too.

Now I just have to wait for this game to download, only 92Gb shouldn't take long. ;)

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Great cans, but being as bland as they are, not a replacement for K501 & K701. Current situation with AKG is... sad. I like their old phones.

Last edited:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Will do - I bought this one as in NZ it sat at the 1050 TI price range but with a reported 55% better perf according to UserBenchmark.

There's a bit of a wattage jump but 50% perf increase is not to be sniffed at - especially when NVIDIA's next model up, the 1060 3GB, at 11% faster than the RX570, comes in at NZ$410 vs the NZ$250 I paid for the 570.

Gonna join you in the RX 570 mini club soon! Just bought mine for $99.