Show your new toys Topic

GreatestUnKnown

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 30, 2016
Been working like crazy to fund my S4 build but needed a new toy for use while working and am thoroughly pleased with this purchase.

GW-5510-1BJF

1985 still looks good 32 years later (the watch not me...unless you really think so...)

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016

I went back to Nokia. Nokia6 TA-1000 64GB / 4GB RAM. The latest update from this week lets Chinese Mainland users install Google Play (still need VPN to use it though) so that was nice. And last night my VPN worked crazy fast so I got all my apps downloaded in a few hours.

I wish it had a Snapdragon 625 and USB Type C, just for better battery life and faster charging. Otherwise it's a fairly nice phone. The CPU is nothing crazy and games take awhile to load, but it doesnt get as hot as my Umi Super did (MTK P10) and the screen is very bright and sharp. The build quality is excellent and camera is so/so. The software optimization is good, so I guess the high end Nokia's this fall will be really competitive.

Last edited:

phaelax

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2017
Does a house count as a new toy? (still in closing process)

If not, then I submit my favorite toy:

I tried buying a '65 Mustang last week but the dude never responded back to my voicemail. I think the only thing I have more of than cars is computers.

Oh, and I just got a Galaxy Tab A for $50. Good deal.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
This is probably a very dumb question, but what does this do exactly? Do you mean as in soldering on new headers, or connecting the motors to different locations on the board? Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet :p
No worries, I haven't either :p it means desoldering the terminals inside the control box, and soldering on some that won't catch on fire. Here's a link to get you started :)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well I think I know what mod I'm doing first!
Haha yeah, I noticed an awful burning smell and then did the mod soon as the unit sputtered on its power. Actually replaced the power supply before it clicked in my head that it was the terminals. Swapped all of them just to be safe.

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
My wife surprised me with the New 2DS XL yesterday. She felt bad that when we got together 5 years ago that I sold my games, consoles, and tech. The one caveat she made today was that I can only have one game at a time and if I want a new game I have to sell the current game first. Baby steps I guess. Gonna kick off with A Link Between Worlds

UPDATE: The store close to me did not have Link Between Worlds so I picked up Mario Kart 7

Last edited: