Show your new toys Topic

Mar 6, 2017
It might be the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac.

Ohh. I've had an idea for a while - basically seeing as other systems from this line use a variant of a common operating system, and already run on the common x86 architecture, I thought it would be a good idea for the manufacturer to basically just make a PC with the console branding. Y'know - so console fans can be PCMR without knowing it :p

Reactions: Biowarejak

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
I really do think cooling solutions must take up at least 3/4 of the case volume or else the space is terribly underutilised

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
For my next non-PC project:

- 7" IPS 1024x600 Capitive Touch Screen (info)
- HifiBerry DAC+ Pro RCA (info)
- Black acrylic case for Raspberry Pi and HifiBerry DAC+ RCA

The Raspberry Pi and Xiaomi 12100mAh power bank were already in my inventory.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Looking good so far @Phuncz . What will it be used for?

Today, this came in. A Magicyoyo N12:

Currently learning how to get the N12 to return every single time.

Reactions: Biowarejak

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Was tired of cheap crappy fans, or less-cheap crappy fans, so I brought the Meme Fan:

Every "the Dyson is overprices, X is cheaper and better!" article has either compared it to some fan that is out of stock, US only, more expensive, or some combination of the three. It moves lots of air, is pretty quiet, and scratches the over-engineered-solution itch.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Every "the Dyson is overprices, X is cheaper and better!" article has either compared it to some fan that is out of stock, US only, more expensive, or some combination of the three. It moves lots of air, is pretty quiet, and scratches the over-engineered-solution itch.

.... it is also kids and cats safe since it has no accessible fan blades.