Production SFFTEC Shipping Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

habanebro

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2020
btw, my psu was estimated to arrive on wednesday but it looks like I'll be able to receive it tomorrow.

It did arrive today, but I didn't have enough money on me to pay the import tax, which for me is about $35 usd. Tomorrow I'll go pick it up to a delivery center nearby and I'll show you guys!

Reactions: Phuncz

Drsen57

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 25, 2020
@inSparks I've already explained this long ago, there is nothing to deny.
When I announced the 30-days lead time at the beginning, it was based on older Enhance quotes, so I actually believed it was possible. Then came Chinese New Year, Covid, many refunds, personal/business issues, trolling, etc.

I'm fine with admins action btw, I'm also tired of this. The only thing I hate is how some people are treating me like a scammer, but whatever, my conscience is clear. I'm still thanful to those who are waiting for many months; I'm not keeping anyone's money, and this is still a great product...

I'm also sad that many of the people on this forum are treating you like a scammer. I still have yet to receive my tracking number, but I'm sure I'll get it. I know it has been many months more than it should have been, and everything you have done is sluggish, slow, and drags on, and you certainly could have communicated better, correctly, or at all, but I still don't believe any of this harm was intended whatsoever, which by definition is not a scammer. I'm hoping all of those posting on this forum are misunderstanding (consciously or subconsciously) because of how aggravated and irritated they are about the ever-growing, endless wait time. COVID-19 was a big hit for businesses in general, but I'm sure it was an even larger hit to you for a multitude of reasons (like how you aren't actually a business, everything is outsourced, you are a small seller, your personal life was most likely affected, etc). I feel like the mods overreacted with the mod break, but now I feel that it is well over the top. I do agree with you that this entire forum was exhausting to be a part of (although I haven't posted until now). It seems more trolling, hating, and complaining (which is understandable, but it flooded the thread), than anything actually constructive. To SFFTEC: I hope you learn some things about business, delays, and especially communication after this is all over. Although I'm with you and still support you, the half-truth inaccurate communication was not cool, as well as not following PayPal pre-order rules, and not staying within the time people can chargeback on PayPal or their credit card. As for communication, just say what is happening and keep your buyers up to date with whatever is REALLY happening, and don't bank on finishing more than you likely can. It is waaay better to overachieve than to meet expectations, let alone failing and underachieving. I'm disheartened to not be able to see you grow in selling in the future (on here) with your newfound knowledge from your failures throughout this whole ordeal. I do wish you the best and I hope to get my PSU in the mail soon.

P. S. I'm order 10281 for those that are curious.

lostsupper

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2020
Order #10189 here. PayPal is still waiting for him to respond to my dispute. Literally all he has to do is reply in the affirmative to their form email.

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
Order #10189 here. PayPal is still waiting for him to respond to my dispute. Literally all he has to do is reply in the affirmative to their form email.
The threads to long to find and he could of edit it, but he did address some else question like this.

Casomme

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 26, 2020
Hi, Order #10250 here. No tracking number sent yet. When can we expect these orders to be shipped since this has extended beyond multiple deadlines now

AndyWags

Chassis Packer
Dec 2, 2019
As I said I would before. I have now received the power supply. I can't seem to upload images but I have pasted a few links of how it is packaged.

I should also mention that the box was also surrounded by bubble wrap.

A couple more things to mention is that obviously being from the UK I have to pay import tax which is 20%. But DHL will also charge for 'Advanced Payments' which is where DHL pay extra money to get the item through customs which is a fixed price of £11. Any questions on how they charge that then let me know.

A further question I have is about the new graphics cards. I've heard that they are getting this new 12 pin adapter. How will this work with the current PSU and is it worth just getting a 2070?

Otherwise just wanted to thank @SFFTEC again.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
A further question I have is about the new graphics cards. I've heard that they are getting this new 12 pin adapter. How will this work with the current PSU and is it worth just getting a 2070?
I think gpu manufacturers will include a 8pin to 12pin adapter with the hardware, so it shouldn't be a problem.
About getting a 2070, it depends on how rushed you are. New gpus will launch soon, but it might take some extra months for ITX versions to be available.

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Still waiting for my refund @SFFTEC. For those keeping track, it has now been over two weeks since I gave up trying to get in touch with him privately and started calling him out here.

Reactions: lostsupper

AndyWags

Chassis Packer
Dec 2, 2019
I think gpu manufacturers will include a 8pin to 12pin adapter with the hardware, so it shouldn't be a problem.
About getting a 2070, it depends on how rushed you are. New gpus will launch soon, but it might take some extra months for ITX versions to be available.
I'm not in a huge rush. Haven't even got the Velka 3 yet. It was more to do with whether the power supply was adequate for the new GPU cards. But sounds like it will be so happy days :)

Reactions: JohnCA

ArcaneITX

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2020
I'm not in a huge rush. Haven't even got the Velka 3 yet. It was more to do with whether the power supply was adequate for the new GPU cards. But sounds like it will be so happy days :)
According to leaks, the 3080 is supposed to suck up nearly 400W of power and is likely going to be a very densely populated large card. It may not be compatible with the Velka 3 until a custom card comes out with a much more compact PCB, and even then, undervolting may be necessary to not let it cut out under heavy load, even with a 600W PSU. I'd advise maybe the 3070 or 3070Ti if that becomes a thing, as that will likely have a more power-efficient design, and a custom card will more likely be compatible, considering the 2070 mini's size (especially the Aero ITX model, but also the Gigabyte 2070 mini), I'm sure one of these OEMs will do the same with next-gen : )

Reactions: AndyWags

habanebro

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2020
Just got it and tested it. Can't really stress test it because of my low end hardware but it works.
The unit is kinda noisy though so maybe I'll do a noctua swap.

edit: I've been using my pc with the psu for a while and tbh the noise is unbearable to me. Hopefully with time it'll get quiet and hopefully having a case will help reduce the noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and JohnCA

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
The unit is kinda noisy though so maybe I'll do a noctua swap
Don't do that... If you change the fan, the PSU might start failing after some weeks due to overheating (I've seen many reports of that happening).
The original fan is pretty quiet already, I have the standard version. The noise you hear is probably some coil whine, it should get better after some time of usage.

Btw, any shipping news @SFFTEC ? Still planned for this week?

habanebro

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2020
Don't do that... If you change the fan, the PSU might start failing after some weeks due to overheating (I've seen many reports of that happening).
The original fan is pretty quiet already, I have the standard version. The noise you hear is probably some coil whine, it should get better after some time of usage.

Thanks for the tip! I'll use it for a while and hopefully it gets better. I also hear turbulence but I doubt that could be fixed with a different fan.

THeRoSSMaCHiNE

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2019
Do you have a status for those of us down under (AUS)? No tracking number received yet, nor info about the carrier
Over a week since this post, no info regarding how they're being sent to Australia and no tracking number, I give up. I PM'd @SFFTEC, no response. He's clearly been on here posting, shame things have gone this way, but I'm done waiting. I have gone the PayPal refund route, like many others no response there either... Big surprise

Reactions: lostsupper

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Over a week since this post, no info regarding how they're being sent to Australia and no tracking number, I give up. I PM'd @SFFTEC, no response. He's clearly been on here posting, shame things have gone this way, but I'm done waiting. I have gone the PayPal refund route, like many others no response there either... Big surprise

At least you have the PayPal refund route still available to you. I've been trying to get a refund for quite a while with no luck.

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
Order 10047 and still have nothing because he couldn't find my phone number >.>

@Light 9 month external PSU squad! At least with power supplies being in such demand right now we might get more money on reselling those.

There seems to be some variation with the reviews which is interesting. Most seem positive but I'm assuming it is biased somewhat based on whether people feel sorry for SFFTEC or want to punch him in the face. It seems coil whine / fan noise is either terrible or non-existent depending on the person?

At least the delay on this is kind of lining it up with my Loli1 order which was also delayed by weeks due to them shipping the wrong side panels... I've not had much luck since going SFF lol.

Reactions: Light

Dem0nflare

Trash Compacter
Jul 5, 2020
Order 10047 and still have nothing because he couldn't find my phone number >.>

@Light 9 month external PSU squad! At least with power supplies being in such demand right now we might get more money on reselling those.

There seems to be some variation with the reviews which is interesting. Most seem positive but I'm assuming it is biased somewhat based on whether people feel sorry for SFFTEC or want to punch him in the face. It seems coil whine / fan noise is either terrible or non-existent depending on the person?

At least the delay on this is kind of lining it up with my Loli1 order which was also delayed by weeks due to them shipping the wrong side panels... I've not had much luck since going SFF lol.
My velka and gpu extender (that did not come with my K39 for some reason) also got delayed do to covid, so it's still a problem. I wonder if the people with the noise have the psu out of the case or what there running to test it. I saw some one get told not to switch out the fan, but idk why people are switching them with noctua.

Status
Not open for further replies.