SFF with compromises?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Depending on how you plan to secure it, I'd go for whichever is thicker for rigidity, or short of that has the best thickness/cost ratio. If you're cutting out a window in a side panel go for the thinner one.

Also, look into getting yourself a set of thread taps and dies. They're quite useful.

JosephEK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Mar 6, 2017
Kind of lost momentum in my motivation for the umteenth time after holding off on ordering plexiglass. I'm thinking I still want to finish this project, but I've done some reflecting on my use-case scenario and I find that what I truly want as an end goal of SFF is to have a PC chassis which can either be mounted to the VESA holes on my monitor or simply rest under my monitor stand because these options in my eyes provide maximum space efficiency on my desk whereas just making a smaller tower-style case like I'm doing doesn't go as much towards opening up my desk space as I would like.

Maybe just like each Pokemon region arc the journey was far more valuable than the final goal you were unable to reach.