SFF PC from India

Should I build a Micro ATX ryzen case with the S4 mini kinda build

• Total voters

garyroks

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
Hey guys,

This is my first build and I really like the SFF cases but the problem is I live in India and the price of the premium SFF cases are just out of my reach due to the high importing cost. So I decided to build a SFF case myself. For this build, I used 2020 aluminum extrusion for the structural framework and 4mm plexiglass for the body of the case. The dimensions of the case is LxBxH - 360 x 225 x 65 mm / 36 x 22.5 x 6.5 cm.
Including the plexiglass body, the size increases to LxBxH - 368 x 230 x 73 mm / 36.8 x 23 x 7.3 cm

Component Used:
  1. 2020 Aluminum extrusion
  2. Plexiglass 4mm
  3. Plexiglass 2mm
  4. 2020 inner L joint
  5. 2020 Spring nut
  6. M3 screws
  7. M5 screws
Hardware Used:
  1. i3 7100
  2. EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
  3. 2.5" HDD 1TB
  4. Corsair 2400MHz 8gb RAM
  5. HDPLEX 160w DC
  6. PCIe extender 18cm
  7. Dell 240w Adapter
  8. low profile CPU cooler from aliexpress (27mm height)

Build:
with no background knowledge on CAD or any other designing software and with a little help from google, I drafted the blueprint on a paper. I tried to use L shaped Steel beams but it got too hard/tempered after I tried to cut it. So I decided to use 2020 alumimum profiles as cutting aluminum is easier than steel. Then I ordered the inner joints and sprint nut from Aliexpress which took about a month to come. In the mean while, I bought the hardware from a friend of mine returning to India from Virginia.
The 2020 aluminum extrusion were cut using an angle grinder and the edges were smoothed out using a sander.
The acrylic sheets were hand cut using the backend of a paper cutter. Minor sanding were done using sand paper.
The holes on the acrylic sheet were drilled using M7 size drilling machine

Cost to build case:
2020 Extrusion - 2100 Rs
inner Joints - 800 Rs
spring nut - 700 Rs
m3 screws - 100 Rs
cutting and sanding - 300 Rs
Plexiglass - 600 Rs
Misc - 300 Rs
------------------------------------------
total - 4900 Rs / 76 USD
------------------------------------------

This build is kinda shabby but it does the job. the temp varies from 49 degree to 64 degree while testing on Unigine Valley at max setting.
Currently, I am planning to build another case with Ryzen CPU using a Micro ATX mobo of the same build as above but more professional, so let me know your comments and vote your polls.

Best wishes from India

Last edited:

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
That looks awesome! I like the look of the case and 5050 beams. I would consider covering it in stickers and then just drill through them all for air holes.

garyroks

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
That looks awesome! I like the look of the case and 5050 beams. I would consider covering it in stickers and then just drill through them all for air holes.
Yea.. covering it up with stickers was my initial idea but I am just too lazy to do it.
BTW, the frames are not 5050 beams, they are 2020. I thought to get 1010 beams but they are so scarce. maybe next time I will do it.

Reactions: Jonny727272

Lbhati

Cable Smoosher
Feb 14, 2020
Hi, I am also from India. Where did you get the HDPlex 160W. I am also building SFF case with it but I am unable to find it anywhere in Indiq. Also, I am nit able to find its alternative.

garyroks

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Dec 2, 2016
Hi, I am also from India. Where did you get the HDPlex 160W. I am also building SFF case with it but I am unable to find it anywhere in Indiq. Also, I am nit able to find its alternative.
my friend got it for me from USA. you can order it from the HDPlex website directly. internation shipping cost needed to be paid.