SFF.Network [SFF Network] Lian Li Stealth Launches the PE-750: A 750W Platinum SFX-L PSU

Who doesn’t love unexpected surprises?

Eagle-eyed member of the forum iFreilicht has turned our attention to a new listing on Newegg for Lian Li’s highly-anticipated PE-750, which currently lays claim to the title of the highest wattage SFX-L power supply available, let alone the highest wattage SFF-oriented PSU more broadly.

Most know of Lian Li as a manufacturer of popular (if not occasionally curious) aluminum enclosures, so the company’s entry into the power supply market is a notable departure from their traditional offerings. SFF Network actually covered the unexpected announcement of the unit (alongside a 550W Gold-rated SFX-L PSU) in early April, and the development took the industry by surprise, while simultaneously gathering intense interest from the SFF community...

Read more here.

Reactions: iFreilicht

Toast

Efficiency Noob
Apr 8, 2016
Nope, I email Lian Li. They told me it would hit Newegg May 18th. Silverstone is in the next 1-2 weeks. These are words from the people that work there.

The Lian Li unit on Newegg is really pricey, might wait on the Silverstone

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Nope, I email Lian Li. They told me it would hit Newegg May 18th. Silverstone is in the next 1-2 weeks. These are words from the people that work there.

The Lian Li unit on Newegg is really pricey, might wait on the Silverstone

Can you send me a screenshot of that email from them? I'll update the article to include their comments.

We've reached out but have yet to hear back.

EDIT: I've updated the article to reflect the comments Lian Li sent to Toast. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
That's crazy. Imagine something like that happening in the games industry, people would be absolutely furious.

It did help you with your last PSU review, IIRC, so at least someone other than the manufacturer profits from it. ;)

Vittra

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2015
That's certainly a way to manage expectations - surprise release with near immediately availability.. lets hope it's a good unit.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Lian Li doesn't have an extensive PR network like some other companies do. So it doesn't surprise me that the units are available at retail before any review samples go out.

Toast

Efficiency Noob
Apr 8, 2016
I also just put in an order on Newegg. I would like to wait for the Silverstone, but it's been over two months since I'm able to finish my build.

The only thing that makes me iffy is the warranty, 1 year? Come on Lian Li

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

I now have 3150W of SFX/SFX-L power supplies in my collection :p

VirtualVoid

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2015
I now have 3150W of SFX/SFX-L power supplies in my collection :p
Any first impressions so far? Does it run "semi-fanless", or is the fan always running? Can you draw any comparisons to that other package you received?

I just received my Rift shipping confirmation, so my timeline for choosing a new PSU just got a whole lot shorter :p

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Any first impressions so far? Does it run "semi-fanless", or is the fan always running? Can you draw any comparisons to that other package you received?

I haven't even plugged the Lian Li in, been busy testing the contents of the mysterious package. If I don't run into problems it should go on the bench tonight though.

Reactions: VirtualVoid

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Huh, it seems the PE-750 has semi-passive cooling. It would probably be a good idea from a marketing perspective to mention it on the website Lian Li :p

Reactions: VirtualVoid

tylerrobb

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2016
I'm really curious to learn more about this PE-750 and the PE-550! I'm building my first Mini-ITX rig in a Silverstone Sugo SG13 soon and need to decide on a PSU.

I'm ideally in the market for an SFX-L model either from Silverstone or one of these two Lian-Li options.

If I can get my hands on one of these new Lian-Li models before the GTX 1080 Founders Edition goes on sale on the 27th, then those will be my top choice. If you're happy with the noise and heat output of the PE-750, I think I'll be ready to pull the trigger at Newegg.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see pictures of the included cables on that PE-750. I've heard that Silverstone's included cables are easier to deal with in SFF builds when compared to the 'stiff' cables that come with Corsair's SF600. Since I'll be air cooling, the cable routing will be important in my build.

Congrats on getting one so soon!

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see pictures of the included cables on that PE-750. I've heard that Silverstone's included cables are easier to deal with in SFF builds when compared to the 'stiff' cables that come with Corsair's SF600. Since I'll be air cooling, the cable routing will be important in my build.

The cables are almost the same as the SilverStone flexible cables, the pinouts and connectors for most of the cables are the same too though I don't recommend interchanging them as a precaution.

I'm hoping to have the SilverStone review up tonight and the Lian Li tomorrow.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
The cables are almost the same as the SilverStone flexible cables, the pinouts and connectors for most of the cables are the same too though I don't recommend interchanging them as a precaution.

I'm hoping to have the SilverStone review up tonight and the Lian Li tomorrow.

Yes, I noticed the cable connectors on teh PE-750 seemed to be the same as on the Silverstone PS units. It made me wonder if the Silverstone's PP05-E short cable set would work on the Lian Li unit. I suppose I could compare where each of the pin-outs on the device end of each cable begin to see if they're the same or different.