confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
In the search for a chassis to fit my slightly oversized M-DTX motherboard, I came across the Jonsbo C2. Jonsbo may not seem like a familiar name, but it is a sub-brand of Cooltek, and also supplies quite a few different models to Rosewill.

I bought this case to run my every day system, so quality, quietness and cooling capacity were major decision points. So far in use, I would say that quality and quietness are of a good standard, however cooling leaves a bit to be desired. Let's look at this product in a bit more detail:

Read more here.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Have just updated the article with a paragraph in the conclusion about sharp edges. Ouch.

This was as a result of

As a stop-gap measure for CPU cooling, I have resorted to modifying the AMD stock FX cooler with an 80mm fan:

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I think you should really, really reverse the CPU fan to blow into the PSU. Right now they are fighting for air. Not sure how much space there is between the CPU fan and the PSU, but I doubt it's more than 30mm.
Other than that, thanks for a detailed look into this. I'd hope SFN could get actual review units of good cases sent in later on.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Pretty sure Jonsbo is a separate company, and Cooltek sells their cases in Europe under their own brand. Jonsbo cases are also sold in the US under the Rosewill nameplate, Newegg's in-house brand.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Yeah, I made an assumption based on something I heard a while back. I'll remove it :) Thanks for clearing that up.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I think you should really, really reverse the CPU fan to blow into the PSU. Right now they are fighting for air. Not sure how much space there is between the CPU fan and the PSU, but I doubt it's more than 30mm.
Other than that, thanks for a detailed look into this. I'd hope SFN could get actual review units of good cases sent in later on.

I would swap the fan over.. BUT the chipset on the board (AMD 760g) does run hot and I'd like to keep some semi direct airflow over it. The cooler is just temporary as I will be upgrading that soon :)

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
not as much as the chipset is kind of surrounded by PCIe graphics and RAM

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try a Lian-Li chassis yet :(

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
IIRC yes, a board of that size will prevent use of the front drive bracket.