SFF.Network [SFF Network] In-Win Chopin Review – A Concerto in Black

In-Win, known for some time for their creative (but generally unremarkable) SFF designs, has been branching out as of late. From their H and D Frame cases, to more sedate variants, the company has begun to make inroads towards the mainstream market instead of the traditional OEM and system integrator markets.

Today we are looking at the In-Win Chopin, a premium take on the BQ series. This case features an integrated 150w PSU, a mixed aluminium and steel design, and an interesting design element that we may have seen before, which we’ll discuss below.

Read the full review here.

blin

Chassis Packer
Sep 15, 2016
I don't own it the case, have you tried unplugging the ATX power to the motherboard (24 and 4 pin) and then plug the PSU to the wall and see if that problem persists?
Do you mean disconnect from the board and plugging to the wall to see if it starts alone?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This weekend I did something "because why not", namely put my previous main PC hardware in my In Win Chopin:
  • Intel Core i5-4670K
  • Noctua NH-L12
  • Asus Maximus VII Impact
  • Samsung M.2 SSD
  • Crucial DDR3 16GB (2x 8GB) VLP RAM
This is the result:

In the end I had to remove the perforated steel grill and had to cut a little from the rear out for the M.2 daughterboard to fit. The two visible cables are USB 3.0 and front panel audio, which are quite long and I have no other place to put them.

Now all it needs is a chrome fan...

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
This weekend I did something "because why not", namely put my previous main PC hardware in my In Win Chopin:
  • Intel Core i5-4670K
  • Noctua NH-L12
  • Samsung M.2 SSD
This is the result:

In the end I had to remove the perforated steel grill and had to cut a little from the rear out for the M.2 daughterboard to fit. The two visible cables are USB 3.0 and front panel audio, which are quite long and I have no other place to put them.

I hope you don't have cats or children lol

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The fact that it's actually a NH-L12, instead of a C14, reminds me how small the whole setup really is. Awesome.

Reactions: Phuncz

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
  • Intel Core i5-4670K
  • Noctua NH-L12
  • Samsung M.2 SSD
This is the result:

Now figure out how to mount a GPU to the back with a ribbon cable...

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I won't be making any 3D design, but most likely hack it to pieces for a card to fit, if it can fit at all.

Reactions: AleksandarK

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
  • Intel Core i5-4670K
  • Noctua NH-L12
  • Samsung M.2 SSD
This is the result:

MetallicAcid took it even further...

https://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/4276/grandeur

Reactions: Biowarejak