SFF.Network [SFF Network] Corsair Releases the Hydro Series H5

Corsair has launched the Hydro Series H5 SFF cooler. This is a closed loop cooler directly aimed at the SFF market, and Corsair claims it can cool 150w of heat quietly and efficiently.

As we know all too well, cooling in SFF builds can be somewhat of a challenge. Corsair hopes that the Hydro Series H5 will help with that, ensuring that even overclocked CPUs can be cooled effectively.

Read more here.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I checked mine again, it does make audible noise when it's hard-wired at 5V to cool a LED flood light. But indeed it doesn't have a lot of pressure at that voltage. I can't remove it easily and attach it a controllable DC power source though. I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong idea about this fan.

Reactions: aquelito

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Don't worry about it, I wanted to test it anyway.

Quite some noise comes also from the fact that the fan motor is not decoupled.
Soft mounted, its sound signature improves quite a bit.

Reactions: Phuncz

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
A local computer shop is currently selling brand new Hydro Series H5 kits for 30 €.

I am going to pick one up and see how it goes with a cross-flow fan.
Even if according to my latest experiments, I am pretty sure it won't help unless run at 12V !

I really want them to work ; maybe I'll try to source an other ref during my next trip to China.

Reactions: Phuncz and Ceros_X

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
For that price you could buy three, watercool a CPU and two GPUs, cool it with a large and powerful fan.

Reactions: QinX

SC455

What's an ITX?
Nov 13, 2018
I have a PC with an mATX motherboard, and I bought the H5 for it. Unfortunately I didn't realise it can only fit on ITX boards, so I had to jury-rig it using quite a lot of electrical tape.

The performance is great, no question. It just looks ugly as sin.
Does anyone know if there are any adapter kits, first or third party, for mATX boards?