[SFF Network] AeroCool's Dream Box - Wait... What??

Discussion in 'News' started by PlayfulPhoenix, Oct 25, 2016.

1. PlayfulPhoenix

PlayfulPhoenix Just another human
    Thread Starter Site Staff Kimera Industries

Read more here.

2. Gadgety

Gadgety Chassis Packer

Love it. Agree with your #1 improvement point, the need for proper corner pieces to enable cube builds. Perhaps the old lego solution would be useful where you could just order the pieces you need and skip set kits. Even so, most interesting.

Soul_Est and confusis like this.
  3. EdZ

EdZ Virtual Realist
    Gold Supporter

What are the dimensions of the 'slots' in the extrusions? While less elegant than the included pieces with curved plastic mouldings, if they slots are a standard width and of sufficient depth you could use existing linking fixings (brackets, angles, plates, T-nuts, etc) intended for regular rectangular extrusions.

4. Ceros_X

Ceros_X King of Cable Management
    Bronze Supporter

I think some sort of standardized interlocking panels would be cool, to do the outside of a 'case'

5. Phuncz

Phuncz Spatial Philosopher
    Moderator Gold Supporter

I was very enthusiastic about this kit before, but the size of the tubing was a serious negative for me. For SFF it's quite limiting this way. Still interesting as a Lego kit case.

6. confusis

confusis Writer, Editor, Awesome Person
    Site Staff

8mm*2mm, with the opening being 5.5mm or thereabouts.

7. EdZ

EdZ Virtual Realist
    Gold Supporter

All the 5.5mm/5.6mm slot profile I can find (mainly from Flexlink) uses 9mm wide relief, so fixings designed for that probably will not fit.

8. BaK

BaK Average Stuffer

Dunno if this has already been discussed, but I just stumble on it, looks cool!
    http://www.aerocool.us/dreambox/dreambox.html

[​IMG]

Has anyone already tried to build a custom case with it?

What would be even better is to find a way for custom side pannels to go with it or with @NATi's trays!

9. Aibohphobia

Aibohphobia Admin aka James
    Site Staff Kimera Industries

BaK likes this.
  10. sydefekt

sydefekt What's an ITX?

Hi guys! New member, but long time reader here.

I am coincidentally working on this, and I saw your review. I hope you don't mind if I share my build. Since there are so few documented builds for this case. Anyway this is not strictly small... its big, but slim like 2U but with some excess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jonny727272, craigbru, ceski and 7 others like this.
  11. Phuncz

Phuncz Spatial Philosopher
    Moderator Gold Supporter

That's a nice looking build, well done !

12. TheHig

TheHig Airflow Optimizer
    Bronze Supporter

The fact that it look freaking BA makes it fine in my book!

Also, concerning SFF ideology, you have used all the space really well IMO so props on the efficiency.