"SFF" Keyboards

What's the smallest you'd go with a keyboard?

• 100%

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • 80%

Votes: 27 9.9%
  • 75%

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • 60%

Votes: 126 46.0%
  • 40%

Votes: 23 8.4%
  • Electrodes implanted into brain, effectively 0%

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
Got my switch test kit yesterday. Was kind of in between the brown and blue switches. Decided on brown since it's quieter and ordered a Drevo Calibur this morning. Thanks for all the help guys. Hoping for a good experience as I don't want to have to return anything lol.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Got my switch test kit yesterday. Was kind of in between the brown and blue switches. Decided on brown since it's quieter and ordered a Drevo Calibur this morning. Thanks for all the help guys. Hoping for a good experience as I don't want to have to return anything lol.
:) I hope you enjoy your entry into mechanical keyboards.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I would say a Teensy 2.0 with diodes on each switch and hand wired would be the fewest parts. Also, look into QMK. qmk.fm

Reminds me of this Apple M0110 rework by lowpoly@deskthority (like-a-boss mod):

D

DelUser6216

me-me-memes aside. What is the best mechanical keyboard that is low profile and 348mm long (like Drevos Calibur which is the same length but Bluetooth), has wired connection compatibility (BIOS triggerable) and is overall well-rounded? Could be niche, meh.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
My Drevo Calibur FINALLY came in today! So far it is a bit different that what I am used to but I adapt pretty easily to most any keyboard I start using. Definitely a different feel than what I am used to, that's for sure, but so far I am liking it. Definitely a lot of options for the money, too. I like the ability to go wired or wireless and the customizability is nice. Seeing if I like it propped up in the back or not, might need a wrist rest.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
I do have one question, which may or may not be an issue, but the \ | key above enter keeps cycling through the colors even on static. Is this normal?

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
Update: I was able to find a firmware to flash for this keyboard (for some reason Drevo no longer has it on their site to download, had to find it off of a reddit post where someone graciously has it hosted in Google Drive) and the blinking key is fixed. For some reason, though, the FN+backspace doesn't turn the lights on/off, but that is something I can live with.

Reactions: Biowarejak