Prototype SF-ATX Aluminum mainstream case (CX2 update)

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Please drop these horns, consider that this variant can be easily targeted by professionals that want a nice looking compact design with traditional layout (aka no compromises with air cooling), and for me, as being one, these would ruin the idea of cx2 that i casually been waiting for so long.
they're removable by design so nothing to worry about if you don't like them

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
feet of some sort is required at that form, especially if the case is positioned on the face perpendicular to the base of the GPU (the IO shield slot fingers are poking through)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hyped! Any renders with an NH-D15?

Working on it

Please drop these horns, consider that this variant can be easily targeted by professionals that want a nice looking compact design with traditional layout (aka no compromises with air cooling), and for me, as being one, these would ruin the idea of cx2 that i casually been waiting for so long.
Horns removable, supports big air cooler like Noctua D15, don't panic yet.

I'd prefer a Mac Pro design / style.
An all aluminium case without glass.

This case can convert into the G5 Mac Pro with different panels, just a feature.

What you are asking for is a feature, *not a new product / design.

feet of some sort is required at that form, especially if the case is positioned on the face perpendicular to the base of the GPU (the IO shield slot fingers are poking through)

This is my current dilemma, should I go with horn feet or no horn feet.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe no horn feet but instead big-ish block feet

Any reason to not make the feet removeable as well? Then you could have both options, horn feet and normal rubber feet.

Feet is removable, will make some 3D files for custom 3D print option, so whatever feet-fetish works for you guys😝

fedder

Caliper Novice
Feb 8, 2020
straight up says horns are magnets

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Re: case vs features for panel types, what’s your opinion on how this worked for meshlicious? Unless I missed it, it looks like there’s the full mesh or the one mesh as separate SKU’s (plus the ones for the riser gen) but no separate panel packs if someone wanted to swap. Given the goal price point/availability goals of this case (is it still CX2?), I assume that a similar trade off would be made that a user is locked into panel type depending on what SKU he buys.

Wherebestcase

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2021
That 'dust filter' isn't final is it? Will there also be a rear fan slot? Also are you think of using a fan bracket to mobo standoff adapter for E-ATX motherboards, or would you use a bar to get the extra standoffs while keeping side fan support?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
That 'dust filter' isn't final is it? Will there also be a rear fan slot? Also are you think of using a fan bracket to mobo standoff adapter for E-ATX motherboards, or would you use a bar to get the extra standoffs while keeping side fan support?

Dust filter is made of 1.5mm aluminum, anodized, not plastic. Nothing is final until it's final.

E-ATX spec doesn't confirm to a single spec, you can read more about it from GN article "EATX is a LIE".

Since a lot of TR40X mobos are EATX, I will do my best to support those mobos, where ROG Zenith 2 Extreme and AORUS Xtreme are the two biggest afaik.

CAA

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2020
Nice! I've been wanting a Sunmil BG3 layout for awhile. Loving the third layout pic. I know not everything is final, but consider enlarging the mesh holes. Those tiny holes on the renders will severely limit airflow to like 10%. Bigger holes are better. Also will there be a back panel? Or will the back of the case be open like in the renders?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Nice! I've been wanting a Sunmil BG3 layout for awhile. Loving the third layout pic. I know not everything is final, but consider enlarging the mesh holes. Those tiny holes on the renders will severely limit airflow to like 10%. Bigger holes are better. Also will there be a back panel? Or will the back of the case be open like in the renders?

It’s not 10%, just rendered that way, ventilation percentage is much higher in production cad.

Back panel is optional. The config transformation features cannot be supported with a single back panel, so the default option is no back panel. For people who want a back panel, there will be several for different build configurations.

Timothy

Caliper Novice
Aug 18, 2020
Any chance you are still considering making a mount to put the PSU in the front of the case so short PCIe cards could be used in the lower slots like was discussed on the original CX2 design?

Below is a picture to give you an idea of what I am saying. There would definitely need to be some thought on which way to face the PSU for cable routing, but I think it might be worthwhile.