Sentry with Vega 64 LE

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
(my re post of my previous post in [H]ard forum for my enthusiast com padres)

My build has finally been completed! the cables had some shipping issues so i was surprised to see they arrived today. So bask in my glorious sentry!
---------------------
THE BUILD
i7-7700k
Vega 64 limited edition
LP53 / Noctua Mod
Gigabyte Z270-n gaming 5
256GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate SSHD
Silverstone 650-G with custom cables
16GB Corsair DDR4 LPX (2133mhz)
-PICS

---------------------------
BUILDING IN THE SENTRY
by far the most challenging build I've ever done, but also the most rewarding. the case however is not without a few issues. 1) i had to manually widen the riser slot to fit it in (yes i put it in through the gpu side but the gap needed prising open to get it all the way into position). 2) the power slot frame on the silverstone 650-g slightly overlapped the frame, i was still able to screw it in but it took some work. 3) if you don't want to bend your panels, low profile 8 pin plugs for the gpu are almost a must, I had to squeeze it in pretty tight. the same applies to the channel between the psu and motherboard, an extra center meter of two could really help with routing the 24pin. the rest of the assembly was very smooth.
----------------------------
MODDING THE LP53
i'll be honest, i had no idea what i was doing with this one, i ended tying paperclips to hold the fan in place, nonetheless it seems to have worked.
PIC-

THE CABLES
Special thanks goes out to Brennan (royalba94) from Avaentum cables, hugely supportive and made the cables to order with custom measurements as well as a specially designed sata power which worked very nicely
PICS-

the cables themselves besides a few exposed pieces of wire felt very high quality and looked amazing, all working happily.
THE REST
i went with custom key caps on my corsair k65 to match my cablework, very happy with the result. i couldn't resist a portal esque theme, subject to adjustments as i am not done with it all and i'm in a college dorm.
My thanks go out to the people at Zaber who made this case possible and i am wholly grateful for not having to deal with the frankly hideous Node 202.

Thank you all for making this possible!

no_one

Jan 25, 2016
Nice work! Your whole setup looks very cohesive. The cables/keycaps are an especially nice touch. Any idea what sort of temps you're getting?

As an aside, I'm really glad these finally got shipped out to all the backers. I love seeing all the builds people are doing with it.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Looking sweet! Great build.

Where did you pick up your key caps for the k65? I have one and would love to change it up.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Great looking build. Glad your cables finally showed up, looks like it was worth the wait.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Jun 10, 2017
Nice work! Your whole setup looks very cohesive. The cables/keycaps are an especially nice touch. Any idea what sort of temps you're getting?

As an aside, I'm really glad these finally got shipped out to all the backers. I love seeing all the builds people are doing with it.
oh its great! i was one of the long run backers so i was surprised to get it back in October. in terms of temps, cpu is moving in the 40s-60s depending on intensity of the whatnot. Vega runs hot though, I've seen it in the 70-80s range but that's close to normal for the card no matter the case.

Looking sweet! Great build.

Where did you pick up your key caps for the k65? I have one and would love to change it up.
i got them from WASD Keybords, an important lesson I learned though, the Fn key, windows key , space bar and that one with the little square at the bottom are all the wrong size compared to what the kits offer so unless you get them separately on their website they likely wont fit

Great looking build. Glad your cables finally showed up, looks like it was worth the wait.
i pretty damn glad as well. I don't want to go into the full rant but, I ended up calling the post office twice for them to realize they were trying to send it to the wrong place, 3 times....